What do you want in a special booklet edition of a cd?

Anoebis

Hello!

as celebration for 10 cds, Suntrip cd nr 10 will be a double cd, one ambient, one goa trance. We also want to spice up the typical cd booklet a little... We'll make it a 24 pages book :P

In that booklet we want to talk about the (old school) goa scene, how it started, what artists were important, labels, influences, evolution of the music untill today, the future, parties,...

Anyway, everything is interesting enough to write about! But I'm sure some people here can help us with interesting ideas of what would really spice up a booklet about goa trance anno 2007 :) So please, spread your ideas as well :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

info on the artists, including the ones who mad a ht but did not become mega stars... and if it is going to be a long booklet, go into eal detail, not just arough sketch... I'd like something that makes me want to go back and read it many times, like the music itself, something new... some good photo's for ure, and maybe some of the cool flyers from back then... and some stories from promoters as well as artits, I"m sure Spiro from www.earthcore.com.au has a fare few as he has been a major promoter since the beginning in Australia..and also some details on how the music was made... like a live show then compared to now... actual equipment names etc and also info on countries other than England, India and Israel, like maybe Japan or Australia or Thailand??

what music will it be? I 'd love to have either obscure tracks fom that time or maybe some live recording or remixes??

Awesome idea... Suntrip does it again :posford:

info on the artists, including the ones who mad a ht but did not become mega stars... and if it is going to be a long booklet, go into eal detail, not just arough sketch... I'd like something that makes me want to go back and read it many times, like the music itself, something new... some good photo's for ure, and maybe some of the cool flyers from back then... and some stories from promoters as well as artits, I"m sure Spiro from www.earthcore.com.au has a fare few as he has been a major promoter since the beginning in Australia..and also some details on how the music was made... like a live show then compared to now... actual equipment names etc and also info on countries other than England, India and Israel, like maybe Japan or Australia or Thailand??

what music will it be? I 'd love to have either obscure tracks fom that time or maybe some live recording or remixes??

Awesome idea... Suntrip does it again :posford:

woow, great reply, thanks! :)

About the music, we will start to compile after summer, so too early to say, but expect mostly new music... Too much good new music these days! :) Maybe 1 or 2 old unreleased tracks!? héhé, you'll know when the time is right!

About the things you said, keep in mind the booklet is only 24 pages so we won't be able to do all, but some of the things you said are fantastic, like the live or music creators room 97 vs 2007 :) I'm sure people will be interested in that! :)

Attention for less known artists is a good idea as well, maybe I can try to contact some from back then as well :)

The stories are a good idea as well which implies 97 vs 2007 parties :)

thanks for the ideas! Keep'm coming :)

@ psygoatdelic, the cover will normally be in the same style of the other compilations, the hand painted art work seem to appeal many people :)

@ psygoatdelic, the cover will normally be in the same style of the other compilations, the hand painted art work seem to appeal many people :)

the hand painted art works are good!

just offered an idea that I think was never tried before, the 3D stereogram...

Hello Suntrip people! As far as an interesting CD booklet goes, one that comes into my mind is the booklet from the V.A. The History Of Goa Trance (2005) (Yellow Sunshine Explosion) ( http://www.discogs.com/release/427745 )... If you don't own this compilation, I strongly suggest you borrow it from somebody, and take a look at how they formulated the 12 page booklet with interesting detail.

I would also like a nice, brief (with some interesting details though) history of Suntrip Records; and I am not talking about the three line summary on discogs... I would also like to know about the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, the trials and tribulations, and maybe some good to know particulars about the artists, such as: where do they get their inspiration from, what are their musical heroes and stuff like that... Don't get me wrong- I don't want essays, but some info on how does Suntrip Records incorporate its artist roster in today's scene, where do you think you stand today, some flashbacks, some plans or hints of what is to come... Make us read the booklet! Spice it up! Don't make a 24 page objective resume of what we already know; give us something more! :posford: Give us something that will make us want to keep on supporting and listening to your music!!! Hope that helps...

It would be cool if you could include small comments/quotes from both old and nu school goa trance artitists that correspond to the headings/themes of the booklet. Or just general comment/quotes regarding their views of the scence? What inspired them, what continues to inspire them?

Yeah, something more personal and meaningful from the artists would be cool!

Guest antic

the hand painted art works are good!

just offered an idea that I think was never tried before, the 3D stereogram...

Well, no matter how hard I tried I could never seen those darn images that were supposed to be there.

So, bad idea FOR ME ;):D

Well, no matter how hard I tried I could never seen those darn images that were supposed to be there.

So, bad idea FOR ME ;):D

haha same here. I just strained my eyes trying to figure out the hidden candy <_<

Great idea!

What I'd like to see is some photo's from early parties, the really big parties that had the true goa spirit! Accompanying these photos (if you have any [hopes]) it would be nice to have some description of the parties & the artists who played at them!

As it's such a long booklet you could tell the progression of goa & psy in this way ;)

Really Really looking forward to this ;)

For me, i would like to know more and more about your artist, all details about the music, review, artist 's point of vue about their work, all stuff giving more joy in listening music. As the first filteria album, each track had a little story about making and idea, that was a very nice idea.

You eventually could write something about the history of goa trance, but i think it's not the most important, i think it's better to work on your own world, and to make deeper and deeper.

Nice work.

Nice idea suntrip. Now what i would like to see in that booklet?

Lots of pics from old parties, maybe parts from interviews from pioneers of goa trance and you,suntrip guys, history of goa trance with pics and few words about, lots of weird psychedelic cartoon figures that they look like they telling you all that story -booklet and they appear in some pics also :unsure: .Now i would like to see all that in illustrated paper with fluo colors and high resolution pics and all 24 pages when you open them they must form something like a Jheronimus Bosch painting with a psychedelic touch.

I m asking a lot ?? :P

Great idea! Feel free to call on me if you would like any help with editing/proofreading :)

thanks aleksander, we'll need you for sure as your english is better then mine :D

Anyway, thanks alot for the ideas, very nice ideas came up, some doable, some less... Like old party pictures... The idea is very cool, but in our case we can only find old Belgian/French pics, which are boring for people from Japan or England or whatever... but maybe some line ups or so can be nice if we can find old line ups from different countries (in that case we need everyone's help)

anyway, I will wait for some more reactions and then start thinking about what we will actually write, and how we will write it and who will write it :)

But really thanks for the ideas! :)

If you could interview some of the lesser known goa artists, that would be really interesting. We who weren't there when it all happened have such a factual view on it (at least I do), and some personal opinions and detailed stories could be a great read.

I hope you can make it more than 4 pages too ;)

Good luck!

thanks aleksander, we'll need you for sure as your english is better then mine :D

Anyway, thanks alot for the ideas, very nice ideas came up, some doable, some less... Like old party pictures... The idea is very cool, but in our case we can only find old Belgian/French pics, which are boring for people from Japan or England or whatever... but maybe some line ups or so can be nice if we can find old line ups from different countries (in that case we need everyone's help)

anyway, I will wait for some more reactions and then start thinking about what we will actually write, and how we will write it and who will write it :)

But really thanks for the ideas! :)

Hey Anoebis,

I did paid work at uni editing essays from basic undergrad to PhD works... so if yu want some free editing for

English giv me at least 3-4 days to go through it... I specialize in grammar and spelling...

was thinking some pics of the people here who support the label would be fun, and maybe some small quotes from us... A mor than happy otpose with my fluro t-shirt haha

If you could interview some of the lesser known goa artists, that would be really interesting. We who weren't there when it all happened have such a factual view on it (at least I do), and some personal opinions and detailed stories could be a great read.

I hope you can make it more than 4 pages too ;)

Good luck!

24 pages :D

yeah 24 pages could fit wuite a bit, but I"d like at least 4 of those just of some awesome old pics... I don;t have mine, in storage :( Have some awesome one's of Hallucinogen live in Byron Bay on NYE... and me looking extremely mind boggled on mushroom and 'cid :lol:

yeah 24 pages could fit wuite a bit, but I"d like at least 4 of those just of some awesome old pics... I don;t have mine, in storage :( Have some awesome one's of Hallucinogen live in Byron Bay on NYE... and me looking extremely mind boggled on mushroom and 'cid :lol:

Yeah I don't think I'd like any pictures of me at any of those parties! From what I remember I did not look attractive :lol:

I remember people getting some amazing pics of the parties we had in Thailand! The 5 day beach party was excellent if I recall (which I don't really :()

Yeah I don't think I'd like any pictures of me at any of those parties! From what I remember I did not look attractive :lol:

I remember people getting some amazing pics of the parties we had in Thailand! The 5 day beach party was excellent if I recall (which I don't really :()

:lol:

oh and mike, aint you king of thread-title typos over here :P?