Some goa-psytrance thoughts...

SeaFeel

Hello people!

First of all i want to tell you that i will say some thoughts that i have in my mind and i want to share them with you! Is some thoughts that coming in my mind when i hear some albums or comps, new or old releases, i'm thinking how music has changed all these years!

I listen goa & psytrance since 1998. Everything start when my brother gave to me the album "trust in trance 3" from "Astral Projection" and i loved this music! I found in this music something magic, something that i could travel with these melodies, well i cant describe exactly my feelings about this music but the most of you i think you can understand how i felt when i heard this music!

After all of these i started to search for more stuff about trance (my brother had gave to me many cd's and vinyl's) ,i started to go in parties and festivals, some years i didn't lose some, i went every saturday and sunday and sometimes friday (special partys), i had heard the most of artists (some of them: Astral Projection, Etnica, X-Dream, Psychaos, Synchro, Mystica, Mfg,), very nostalgic years.

Now about music, i 'm still very close in the scene but i dont go so often in parties, cause i believe (at least for me) the feeling has been lost, definitely music have a big part in this, cause music now isnt than old years, the known full on style is so bad and without any feeling, the progressive i believe have something fresh and some tracks are very good, from new stuff i prefer progressive and projects like "Vibrasphere" and "Son Kite" are very interesting, i went only in special parties now ( and this isnt standar).

Many of the artists that they produced music from the old good years, they have turn their style music in fullon and their bpms is so speedy and that is terrible! i can't imagine how these artists write this terrible and without feeling music. What they think? Why?

I belive we still can find good music from new and old producers but we must search a lot for something good. I know many people that they hear only old stuff, (like my brother), well i must to say i cant do this! I want to hear new and fresh music, yes i'm big fan of goa but fresh is fresh! As i said now i prefer to hear progressive psy, i find this style very interesting, fresh and groovy, and this style have nice vibe and some amazing melodies! Melodies ha??? Well i want to hear melodic stuff, melodies like the "teleport", "goaway", searching for ufos", "people can fly" how can you be forgett? Amazing feelings! I have dance these tracks many times...mmm

Something else, i hear some news from artists like rastaliens for example, a friend of mind bring it to me the new album from them and i heard it yesterday! Well, what? What you expect to say? Nothing, just trance with the same stuff, you know any part in this music, is so known, you know even when the melody plays, when the hats and what hats they will be use, nothing! You wait something from these artists and you wait from them to keep in high level the trance music, and what? They give to us the same fullon style!

Something good happens with "Suntrip records", very good effort, very profesional work and the label keeps underground profile that i love it!

Anyways these are some thoughts that i had...I cant stop hear this music cause goa is in my heart! I hope for better music in the near future like the old gold years!!!

Greetings

Billy from Athens

Cheers

I share your opinion Seafeel, you are right, but for me, it's an evolution, and i enjoy every kind of trance nowadays, full on / prog / experimental / dark, and i don't succeed to really trip with goa music, it's more mental music. And i think it's good like that, the old goa track are now famous, and it's like a book closed with good memories that you can open when you need sunshine in your mind, it became cult.

Anyway, i see Lost Buddha / E-Mantra / Goasia / Aerosis / Afgin / Kethzal / Filteria / Ka Sol / Avigmati / Omegahertz / Merrow / OOOD / Talpa ... i don't think goa trance is dead, because people want more goa trance ! i feel that.

Always nice to see people crazy about goa trance :) Welcome , Boom Shankar

Ah, it's not that bad ... you gotta dig a bit, but there are still lots of good and original artists out there. And I don't even speak for psytrance only. There still is some killer new album stuff from top notch (meaning GOOD!) psytrance producers scheduled for release this year which I wanna spend my money on...

I never could stand Astral Projection :ph34r:

I find psytrance I love all the time, there is great music coming out to suit my taste. I find the sound way more satisfying then 10 years ago.

I never could stand Astral Projection :ph34r:

I find psytrance I love all the time, there is great music coming out to suit my taste. I find the sound way more satisfying then 10 years ago.

I agree about that. I love old-school goa but I also have a lot of new releases that I rate as awesome or mindblowing. For my new psyntrance and goa are at least equal, but to each his/her own. :)