The Official KoxBox appreciation topic

Goa Bill

Posted Image

They started as a triplet, moved on as a duo and now it's only Frank'e, but throughout their whole career and even up do date they released only quality material with some drops here and there, granted. I am listening to the Great Unknown, which in my humble opinion is their career peak and def on my top10 Psy Trance albums ever. So incredibly rich, pure psychedelia and incredibly bright and full sound. Many would disagree and name their previous albums as their best but I'd strongly disagree.

Discuss?

By not posting in the official KoxBox appreciation topic, you are most probably making it official that you do not like music.

As far as their career peak goes, I would have a seriously hard time saying they ever outdid "Forever after" or any of the tracks from 1996' uber classic "Stratosfear EP" (CD Maxi)! :)

But yeah, "The great unknown" comes in as a close second places, a silver medal. Tracks like The Great Unknown, Lunar Bin and Geomancer are divine. Meaning my, or anybody else's, words do not and cannot do them justice.

And let us not be ignorant and not mention those two marvellous EP's they released as Psychopod! B)

Koxbox is one of my all time top three psy trance projects. A very justified official appreciation topic, there ought to be one every two months. That is how good KoxBox are.

I know, I know how hard it is to pour your feelings and thoughts into words. It must be very hard to apply modern linguistical structures to describe God's work... Just open this thread and write a simple thank you... That should do.

By not posting in the official KoxBox appreciation topic, you are most probably making it official that you do not like music.

by posting such non-sense, you most likely are arrogan as fuck considering musical tastes and preferences Posted Image

by posting such non-sense, you most likely are arrogan as fuck considering musical tastes and preferences Posted Image

It is incredible how smart you are reger: I am arrogant, I do consider my musical preferences to be on a whole new and higher level compared to yours, even though I do not know them. I do not care to know them. But what I do know is that my musical tastes are superior to yours. They just are, no matter what kind of music do you listen to. Am I arrogant? Yeah. Hell yeah. And I couldn't care less. Anyways, I wrote that by not posting in this topic, you obviously don't like music- and since you did reply, well... Go figure...

Anyways, back on topic: KoxBox are the gods of psy trance. Period.

It is incredible how smart you are reger: I am arrogant, I do consider my musical preferences to be on a whole new and higher level compared to yours, even though I do not know them. I do not care to know them. But what I do know is that my musical tastes are superior to yours. They just are, no matter what kind of music do you listen to. Am I arrogant? Yeah. Hell yeah. And I couldn't care less. Anyways, I wrote that by not posting in this topic, you obviously don't like music- and since you did reply, well... Go figure...

Anyways, back on topic: KoxBox are the gods of psy trance. Period.

My poodle has a better taste in music than Reger

Guest The Journey Man Project

um you can get it from Avatar records or Inpsyde media on saikosounds or psyshop :unsure:

Edited by The Journey Man Project

Well, I'm one of those persons that consider Dragon Tales to be their best work, closely followed by The Great Unknown.

Too bad Koxbox has lost it these days.

Any way, I would love to hear this live recording from Burning Man:

http://www.discogs.com/release/432623

If you think you could make it happen, please send me a private message.

Guest antic

Count me in. Along with Cosmosis & Hallucinogen the Koxbox guys were the ones that changed the way I view the music nowadays. Though at the beginning it was a tough love - a jump from Scooter's happy hardcore to Dragon Tales' intricate and mature psychedelia was painful, although from the perspective of time it was so rewarding!

Unlike some here, I still love their current output ("U-Turn" is in my Top-3 2006 albums) and I just hope new Saiko-Pod CD is close, too :)

As far as their career peak goes, I would have a seriously hard time saying they ever outdid "Forever after" or any of the tracks from 1996' uber classic "Stratosfear EP" (CD Maxi)! :)

But yeah, "The great unknown" comes in as a close second places, a silver medal. Tracks like The Great Unknown, Lunar Bin and Geomancer are divine. Meaning my, or anybody else's, words do not and cannot do them justice.

"Forever After" was one of my first psy CDs and I still love it. But The Great Unknown is so totally not my style...perhaps it's one of those pieces you have to listen a couple of times to get into but so far I find it far too synthetic, bleepy and flat :(

Yeah, I totally agree with everybody here. They are one of the gods of psychedelic trance and one of my first CD's was also FOREVER AFTER. Perfect, top notch psychadelia, melodic, trippy, cyber, perfect album. DRAGON TALES was even more psychedelic but less melodic so it is my second favourite by them. THE GREAT UNKNOWN is very stylish, proggy, deep release but still doesn't match their first 2 efforts. U TURN is so so, better than most of nowadays releases but by far their worse effort. PSYCHOPOD project is another fantastic output by them, shame they haven't released an album as PSYCHOPOD, but instead as SAIKOPOD which was solid progressive release but nothing more than that. I totally appreciate them, no matter what.

um you can get it from Avatar records or Inpsyde media on saikosounds or psyshop :unsure:

Both Saiko and Psyshop are out of stock... The Cd has been out of print for a long time if i'm remembering correct?

Saw them outside in japan in 1999 ? at Vision Quests first outdoor party smack in the middle of some forest. Fuck me never forget it, and antholgy from too pure right through dragon tales and the great unknown! I remember an extended 20min sick as fuck version of Universal Mind being blasted, jesus they were the super psychedelic act for sure. Nobody comes even close for the psychedleic soundscapes they created. i miss them!!and those mad japanese parties!! and their legal mushrooms!!

hehe, i caught them live around 1999 too. sickest music ive ever heard come out of speakers, especially when they got into the pyschopod tracks.

i remember it was in some gym or some weird thing like that with about 40 people there. the owner was flipping out because of how loud it was that the cops would show up and koxbox just kept telling the sound guy to turn it up louder and louder.

every track they would point to the sound guy then stick their thumbs up in the air "louder louder".

fucking awesome

i've only got U-turn as the others are hard to find for a reasonable price... I've yet to really get into it though, haven't really listened to it properly under the right circumstances... :rolleyes: i thought they were wicked at the twisted party though, i danced my nuts off straight through the whole of their set :posford:

Guest antic

i've only got U-turn as the others are hard to find for a reasonable price... I've yet to really get into it though, haven't really listened to it properly under the right circumstances... :rolleyes: i thought they were wicked at the twisted party though, i danced my nuts off straight through the whole of their set :posford:

Oh man! You're so lucky it's all before you! You can get both Forever After and The Great Unknown reasonably cheap on eBay. Only Dragon Tales will be a bit expensive, but you should be able to find a copy around 30EUR within few months of searching.

Good luck! :)

I've always wanted to get a hold of Dragon Tales... Its up there for for harder to find trance CDs

ohh,the Dragon Tales album is one of those cd,s i lost over the years. damn <_< lucky i still have the (forever after) album from 1995 in good condition,it is actually alittel funny to listen to now, but a great classic i think