Pioneer CDJs!

I buyimg a set-up in the coming weeks and it is going to be Pioneer for sure. Having the money to burn, should I go for a pair of CDJ 800s or 1000s?

Kindly explain why and/or why not?

All advice is much appreciated!

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd save some more money for a mixer or headphones or new cd's because I use the CDJ200 and they do everything, incldung playing cd's and the effects are enough... unless you plan to own a club or urn big shot gigs the 800 and 1000 are not needed

forget the 800's.. they are crap.

1000 are nice but expensive. if you wanna do some stuff with scratching go for those. otherwise go for the 200's. very very nice players with the usual necesarry buttons.

And get a good pair of headphones. Worth the bucks to save your ears.

at our radio station we got cmx-3000 cd players

the big money was spent on a djm-800 mixer

Posted Image

nutbustingly delicious ;)

back up:

Posted Image

spend the dough on better mixers is my advice

btw, imho those are the 2 best period

ps: rane too ^^

the 800s and 1000s have 'vinyl mode'... Takes care of that uh-uh-uh-uh when you pause it, and makes it so you can scratch... Which isn't really necessary for psytrance... The 1000s have a sampler, if Im not mistaken... Which is only good if you know what you're doing...

Other than that, the 200s have pretty much the same deal. .05 pitch adjustment, effects... Minimal buttons (VERY important I discovered). Digital out...

Yeah Id say get the cheap decks and get the nice mixer. I've heard good things about the DJM-909 (Pioneer)

But hell, if you got the money to burn Id say by all means go for broke and get the 1000s.

the 800s and 1000s have 'vinyl mode'... Takes care of that uh-uh-uh-uh when you pause it, and makes it so you can scratch... Which isn't really necessary for psytrance... The 1000s have a sampler, if Im not mistaken... Which is only good if you know what you're doing...

Other than that, the 200s have pretty much the same deal. .05 pitch adjustment, effects... Minimal buttons (VERY important I discovered). Digital out...

Yeah Id say get the cheap decks and get the nice mixer. I've heard good things about the DJM-909 (Pioneer)

But hell, if you got the money to burn Id say by all means go for broke and get the 1000s.

don't ever buy a cdj 800 !!! it's pitch resolutions is only 0.05% wich is not precise enough ...

=> if scratching is a must buy a cdj 1000 in all other cases don't hesitate and buy the cdj 200 !!!!

don't ever buy a cdj 800 !!! it's pitch resolutions is only 0.05% wich is not precise enough ...

=> if scratching is a must buy a cdj 1000 in all other cases don't hesitate and buy the cdj 200 !!!!

yeah it is precise enough. You can adjust on the fly. Most vinyl DJs are quite capable of correcting the beatmatch on the fly. CD players make it even easier..almost cheating :P

besides theres bpm counters and such.

It all comes down to what you want them for. I chose mine (pictured above) because it allows me to scratch my Audition creations (recording my voice, scratching it, recording into a promo for my show; also for messing with sounds as well..)

If you spin at big parties then yes...but then again, people put big rims and turbos in their rides but the premise remains the same .A -> .B

I'd say get the djm800+2 cdj1000s, a interface for recording, and some web hosting so we can see your creations

also, having top gear negates all excuses in regards to technique and such things ;)

btw, sccratching on 1000's will NEVER compare to vinyl so dont use that as the main reason :lol:

yeah it is precise enough. You can adjust on the fly. Most vinyl DJs are quite capable of correcting the beatmatch on the fly. CD players make it even easier..almost cheating :P

besides theres bpm counters and such.

endless discussion ... if it works for you, good :) For me it's really not precise enough, even with 0.02% I have to adjust regularly to keep the beats as tight as possible

btw ppl use the bpm counters only as an indications cuz they are ... not precise enough

Guest The Journey Man Project

Thanks a lot for that guys... I really appreciate your advice! :D

Any thoughts about the DJM 400?

i like mine and it suits the desing/color of the 200s ... but if you think you'll ever buy a fx unit or a dum machine or a sample or anything like that you'll want at least a 3 channel mixer...

Thanks a lot for that guys... I really appreciate your advice! :D

Any thoughts about the DJM 400?

Works for me but as was just said is only a 2 channel mixer so only get it if you're just starting out and only need the basics

at our radio station we got cmx-3000 cd players

the big money was spent on a djm-800 mixer

Posted Image

nutbustingly delicious ;)

back up:

Posted Image

spend the dough on better mixers is my advice

btw, imho those are the 2 best period

ps: rane too ^^

Not trying to hijack this thread but tell me this... which one do you think is a better mixer of those two?

The Pioneer DJM-800 or Allen & Heath Xone:92?

I have a lot of friends telling me that the Xone is better, but no one really have said why.

well not crap.. but not a good choice imho for your money. The only advantage for the average psy dj of the 800's is the fact that they are a little bit more accurate than the 100's, but they are alot more expensive.

the 200's are cheaper, more accurate and with fx. So i'd say the 800's are 'crap' unless you use the scratch function and really dont have the money to go for the 1000's.

The 800's also have issues with not playing burned cd's in my experience.