Favourite Flying Rhino Release

abasio

What is your favourite from this legendary label?

My collection is pretty much complete if not 100% yet but of what i do have it's got to be Singularity it was one of the 1st I got from FR & still soooooooooooooooo good :wub:

THere are so many, but these are my Top Three. In general, I think FR hit its peak in the catalogue numbers 30-40, when Cass ran the label.

1.) Bus - Bullet (Cass vs Slide Mix)

2.)Blue Planet Corporation - Micromega (Choo Choo Mix)

3.) Unknown Controllers - Unknown Control

Guest antic

V/A - Airborn :wub:

It's a perfect compilation for me - almost all tracks are great. The Manipulators (Process & James Monro), Process, Tristan, BPC, Koxbox, Psychaos, Syb Unity Nettwerk, Darshan, Slinky Wizard - can it get more awesome than that!?

:)

my choice:

va - first flight :)

but so many exceptional releases!

Slinky Wizard- Slink Wizard EP (12") (1994) magical three classics on this one

V.A. First Flight (1996) this has got to be my favorite old school compilation ever, it is packed with classics!

V.A. Air Born (1997) jogs alongside the First Flight compilation

Green Nuns Of The Revolution (1997) this insane release will never die out in my ears

P.S.: I always though that Flying Rhino's peak period was right there during '95/'96/'97... Pick virtually any vinyl, album or compilation from that period and you're bound to find exclusively excellent, top notch music!

comps: Air Born

- Really great tracklist on this one. Especially all the Sean Williams' tracks are very well crafted. Koxbox's remix of Slinky is very accessible and melodic, good rework I would say. Then BPC hits with their perhaps most goa-nish track to date, quite simple but well made. Do I even have to mention Slinky's remix of James Bond theme must be one of the best rmxes...ever? :) Only Darshan and SUNE are below par.

albums: Green Nuns - Rock Bitch Mafia

- Oh the 303 trickery! You're bound to go mental listening to this. Every track is great and that can't be said about many albums. The samples are all wacko and the explosion after "prepare to hurtle through the cosmos!" is one of the most captivating moments I've heard in goa trance.

THere are so many, but these are my Top Three. In general, I think FR hit its peak in the catalogue numbers 30-40, when Cass ran the label.

1.) Bus - Bullet (Cass vs Slide Mix)

2.)Blue Planet Corporation - Micromega (Choo Choo Mix)

3.) Unknown Controllers - Unknown Control

All very nice! Especially the BPC one ;)

V/A - Airborn :wub:

It's a perfect compilation for me - almost all tracks are great. The Manipulators (Process & James Monro), Process, Tristan, BPC, Koxbox, Psychaos, Syb Unity Nettwerk, Darshan, Slinky Wizard - can it get more awesome than that!?

:)

Fantastic aswell, the last track rounds off such a top comp

I´ll choose V/A - Boyd In The Void, a real golden oldie with some amazing tracks.

my choice:

va - first flight :)

but so many exceptional releases!

Classic!

Kudos to the GNotR album, Technossomy & BPC too

How good were FR?

I transfered all of my Flying Rhino compilations to my computer a couple of days ago so I've actually been listening to their releases quite a lot recently.

My favorite releases are:

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Darshan - Awakening

Darshan - Spectra

V/A - Airborn

V/A - Black Rhino

V/A - First Flight

V/A - Slipstream

V/A - Singularity

V/A - Velocity

How good were FR?

How Good? They were divine... My all time favorite label- although my favorite artists and releases maybe did not have to do (that) much with Flying Rhino Records, and honestly, I didn't even enjoy much of their releases after V.A. Third Flight- Slipstream, which does not necessarily make them bad! This great label experimented and pushed forward the envelope when few others did, and put out an entire sand storm of releases, spanning a wide spectrum of styles, ideas, sub genres and what not!

I had the opportunity to hear James Monro and Gus Till DJ in Zagreb around 2000, and both tore the roof off with the amazing classic tunes forged for this marvellous label.

No matter what you want your psy trance to sound like, Flying Rhino Records most probably has a solution! B)

P.S.: Just for the fun of it, my favorite, and IMHO the only really classic Flights, are the 1st and the 3rd installation! Such beautiful music is beyond words. The 2nd one, Turbulence, has some great tracks, but unfortunately also suffers from some painful filler material...

:wub:Posted Image:wub:

Air Born

Darshan - Awakening

Psyko Disko - Psyco Disco

Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Air Born does it always for me one of the best comps ever released imo

Guest The Journey Man Project

I love the mixed Re:Evolution series... it gives a great perspective of their history and the mixing is always so nice :D

How Good? They were divine... My all time favorite label- although my favorite artists and releases maybe did not have to do (that) much with Flying Rhino Records, and honestly, I didn't even enjoy much of their releases after V.A. Third Flight- Slipstream, which does not necessarily make them bad! This great label experimented and pushed forward the envelope when few others did, and put out an entire sand storm of releases, spanning a wide spectrum of styles, ideas, sub genres and what not!

I had the opportunity to hear James Monro and Gus Till DJ in Zagreb around 2000, and both tore the roof off with the amazing classic tunes forged for this marvellous label.

No matter what you want your psy trance to sound like, Flying Rhino Records most probably has a solution! B)

P.S.: Just for the fun of it, my favorite, and IMHO the only really classic Flights, are the 1st and the 3rd installation! Such beautiful music is beyond words. The 2nd one, Turbulence, has some great tracks, but unfortunately also suffers from some painful filler material...

:wub:Posted Image:wub:

3rd flight was the 1st I heard from the flight series & is :wub: still to this day :D

hmm, my favs:

Various - Retrodelica - Back From The Future

Various - White Rhino

Various - Black Rhino

Darshan - Awakening

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, my favs:

Various - Retrodelica - Back From The Future

Various - White Rhino

Various - Black Rhino

Darshan - Awakening

These are the only 2 I don't have. They are in good company for the best though :D