How do you get inspiration?

Well usually when I'm missing something in a track I go thru my so-called test projects. These are little project files where I've saved some interesting melodies / sounds and midi. For example for each vst I have a folder where I have different set of projects with that synth loaded. Experimenting is the key to Inspiration really. Or like you said, you could imagine something and do whatever needs to be done to make it happen :)

I'm so busy with general "life" stuff that for me the hardest part is simply turning the computer on and sitting down in front of it. Once I can do that I generally find the music making process itself inspiring enough that I don't have to worry so much about it.

my music is nature oriented...in a trip, u often get stuck at a particular site for eg. a weird lookin tree or somethin n while u're gazing at it, think of the numerous sounds that r ringing in your head...when u go into your sudio...try to think of those same sounds...well i get my inspiration by setting the mood...when i'm out in the evening with friends, i smoke a joint or 2, by the time i get a downer, i'm already home, in my studio, with a/c on full, i switch off the lights, i have a small lamp which changes colours (really trippy) i put it on...n boom...i'm on...i like to have my room clean...u really cant work with everythin scattered all around...it gets frustrating...i sometimes also sip on beer while workin...

do wateva sets the mood for u

make your studio lights dim...hang a nice trippy poster on he wall in front of u where u sit....it really helps me out