X-Dream history ... Check this out!

Jon Cocco

X-Dream is one of my favorite artists in Electronica although I had mixed feelings with 2004's We Interface, the album. I should have looked this up before. I sometimes wondered why two big X-Dream albums were in the 1997 review section here.

In 2007 before writing a real review on 1998's Radio and most recently 2004's We Interface album I had been reading through the Trip To Trancesylvania (currently in the 1997) review thread. I noticed an informative comment by Mindphilux on page 3 but never investigated this until now.

So today I decided to look it up online at Wikepedia since Tunnel Records NEVER included dates in my copies. Many people are not informed of the actual release dates. Your perspective of X-Dream's debut may change if you knew it was made several years before Hallucinogen's Twisted in 1995 next to a handful of others.

Everyone check these links out below on X-Dream's history. Wikepedia has information on virtually every publically known thing on the net including artist, book, movie, game, sport, word definition, etc. Many of you know this I'm sure and aren't sure about some things that are easy to look up in few clicks. Not sure about somethinig? Look it up! :)

Trip To Trancesylvania is from 1993.

We Created Our Own Happiness is from 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_To_Trancesylvania

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Created_Our_Own_Happiness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_%28X-Dream_album%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Interface_...-Dream_album%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Dream

I'm glad you made it Jon. :) It is never too late. Even on discogs you can clearly see and read that the Tunnel Records version of "Trip to trancesylvania" was released in 1993 :) , and some of its tracks were even recorded prior to that date...

Hence X-Dream's current status as the true, pioneering, evolving and always changing masters of the genre! :clapping:

I'm glad you made it Jon. It is never too late. Even on discogs you can clearly see and read that the Tunnel Records version of "Trip to trancesylvania" was released in 1993 , and some of its tracks were even recorded prior to that date...

Hence X-Dream's current status as the true, pioneering, evolving and always changing masters of the genre!

+1

Children of the last generation was quite well know back in the day for example.

Wasnt that impressed about we interface though.

Peace

That was an interesting jaunt through Discogs.

I only have the X-Dream Best of 1991-2001, and it was interesting to see that some of the songs on that comp. came out years before they actually appeared on an album. Like "Eleven" is dated 1994 on the Best of album but wasn't on an album until 1997 or something like that.

The release dates have always puzzled me. i wasn't a fan of X-Dream in 1997 so i can't say for sure, but i've always been under the impression that We Created Our Own Happiness is from 1995. Their best-of album states that.. .even though it was released in 1997 apparently

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd say they produced the tracks and held on to them for a while... could be a number of reasons why:

couldn't find a label they liked

couldn't get a price for the track(s) they liked

held onto tracks for a few years to use in live gigs and dj sets before releasing

or it was jus siply hard to get it released in the 90's...

or maybe they just produced them and waited to see if anything better came up over the next few years before chucking it out to the public...

yeah thats probably the case. the re-release of Trip to Trancesylvania was released to coincide with it... because not even a year later Radio came out. that would be 3 albums in a year. not impossible i guess but unlikely

The release dates have always puzzled me. i wasn't a fan of X-Dream in 1997 so i can't say for sure, but i've always been under the impression that We Created Our Own Happiness is from 1995. Their best-of album states that.. .even though it was released in 1997 apparently

i have the original(We Created Our Own Happiness)cd right here,and there is strange enough no release date anywhere on the cd or cover but I remember bought it in loudmusic back in 1996