Typologies of Psy people ;)

kazuku

im talking about all these wannabes dressing like gypsies ohm shiva eastern style.

Suit yourself. Personally I don't care whether they are wannabes or not, I just think they are nice to look at.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im talking about all these wannabes dressing like gypsies ohm shiva eastern style.

First learn how to pronounce smthng before bitching :

OHM - The SI unit of electrical resistance, expressing the resistance in a circuit transmitting the current of 1 amper when subjected to a potential difference of 1 volt.

OM/AUM - A Mystic syllable, considered the most sacred mantra. It appears at the beggining and end of most Sanskrit recitations, prayers and texts.

You wannabe NON wannabe. ;)

OHM - The SI unit of electrical resistance, expressing the resistance in a circuit transmitting the current of 1 amper when subjected to a potential difference of 1 volt.

OM/AUM - A Mystic syllable, considered the most sacred mantra. It appears at the beggining and end of most Sanskrit recitations, prayers and texts.

Thanks for that. Been a silent pet peeve of mine for a while. Not that people will stop writing "ohm" anytime soon.

Thanks for that. Been a silent pet peeve of mine for a while. Not that people will stop writing "ohm" anytime soon.

Well, in all honesty, phonetically they're the same, aren't they? Proncouncing AUMmmm will sound loik OHMmmm

But who cares, as long as you're not a Hinduist or Buddhist mystic

Well, in all honesty, phonetically they're the same, aren't they? Proncouncing AUMmmm will sound loik OHMmmm

But who cares, as long as you're not a Hinduist or Buddhist mystic

Yes, "ohm" and "om" are phonetically the same ("aum" not as much). I personally believe that the spelling makes all the difference. To spell it correctly pays proper homage to one of the most powerful syllables ever manifested, and likewise thinking it correctly. There's no room for sloppy thinking where this particular word is concerned, I feel.

Yes, "ohm" and "om" are phonetically the same ("aum" not as much). I personally believe that the spelling makes all the difference. To spell it correctly pays proper homage to one of the most powerful syllables ever manifested, and likewise thinking it correctly. There's no room for sloppy thinking where this particular word is concerned, I feel.

Posted Image ? :ph34r:

That's where I remember that from. It's been quietly bugging me for ages now :D

Well I have seen its spelled with ohm in Nepal (and other places)... so I guess they don't know what they are doing...? :P When translated its already corrupted from its true state so it really doesn't matter how u spell it! Its just a translation!

And you can tell who's a wanna-be and who's the real deal by just giving them one look at a party?

to me all of them are half-baked wannabes, untill i get to know them that is. its not like when i see one of them i think "yuck, those poor discusting wankabees", not at all, i dont care when i see them, but flash-thought might cross my mind however ;) and no, i dont judge.

its been a long time since i cared about your opinion seraph, such trivial shit doesnt bother me, i thought youre the one whos not into trivial forum bullshit either?

to me all of them are half-baked wannabes, untill i get to know them that is. its not like when i see one of them i think "yuck, those poor discusting wankabees", not at all, i dont care when i see them, but flash-thought might cross my mind however ;) and no, i dont judge.

You'd rather see chavs at parties? :)

i dont think there s anyone here who'd want that..

where's the shiva nazi category?

ohm or om or aum is latin/english. i think its spelled the way fluffy posted and "we" just type what seems close to the syllable sound.

but you never do,

well no doubt she never will, so you will never know ;)

Posted Image

try to talk to a woman like that reger and pray she doens't caterogize you as a wannabe :P

to be honest,

the wannabe thing imo is related to age,

when you are older you don't like that anymore...

;)

haha, when you see a chav, you know its the real thing, no copycats are ever imaginable as trying to copy chavs :lol:

the answer is no.

but you never do,

well no doubt she never will, so you will never know ;)

Posted Image

try to talk to a woman like that reger and pray she doens't caterogize you as a wannabe :P

to be honest,

the wannabe thing imo is related to age,

when you are older you don't like that anymore...

;)

well, you never know ;)

haha, when you see a chav, you know its the real thing, no copycats are ever imaginable as trying to copy chavs :lol:

the answer is no.

I meant chavs as a whole category - gopniki, arsim and all the other many faces :)

Colorful happy people are crucial for a proper party. Who cares if they are wannabes or not.

• 1 month later...

Usually came with someone, but god knows with who, and later took too much of something and got lost.. You know, they are those who surprise you at some random point during the party, just coming up to you while you are in the food queue, and say something like: " Hello intergalactic warrior! I notice the stars are sun and bed, we go the dog and tomorrow I eat tortillas" ,

:lol: I almost peed my pants. :lol:

Sad thing is I had seen this person and had a good hearted laugh out of him/her before my first Psy festival.

Turns out, I would end up getting a little to ahead of myself when I finally went to one and spent the rest of night dancing, afraid that If i stopped I would say something like that to the closest person to me. :P

I would say semi-eso goan. Since I don't really have it in for the whole buddha and spiritual stuff, although I always try really, really hard to enjoy myself. And trust me, when I'm doped I usually go "OH MAN THIS SONG IS SO FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOD", to about every single track that plays.

Ah, I'm definitely a level 15 eso-goan/it all used to be better before/producer/roots/technology/pure enjoyment guy (yes, the type that does trash!)/rasta pose.. oops let's remove that last one type :D

Does this make me the ultimate stereotype?

But I still like prog.

This topic needs more pictures

seems like a few groups are missing also

like the trance warriors

all black clothes with flouro seams

i wont even get into the rest of that stereotype

or the trancer

who gets mad if you call them a trancer, because they are so individual they cannot be associated with anything, even though they are the average trancer, the ones co0ol enough to avoid being locked into these categories because they wear the right clothes or whatever.

the whole "wannabe" thing is ridiculous. people either like the music or they don't. i know there are too many actual wannabes- idiots who think something cool/ drug related is happening and they want to be in on it, but most of the wannabes that get looked down on are really just people who havent been to that many parties because they just found this music.

Sorry , i know im being lame, but this is all reminding me of some "woman" if you can even call her that i met who was nobody, always talking shit about the "elite trancers" until she slowly but surely pushed her way into that circle and soon i'm hearing how nice the same people she was trashing are now/ and who are all these wannabes...

freaking amazing how fast it turns around.

• 5 years later...

I stumbled upon this thread from like 4 years ago but it was great fun reading the descriptions. Seriously, I recognize a lot of these categories from parties and I'm gonna keep a closer look from now on. :P

Especially these ones I have came across. :D

The techno freak

Is very happy about the low entry prices, but then stands at the edge of the dance floor feeling out-of-place. Cannot relate to the "psycho music" or the weirdos dancing around. Is delighted about the prices at the bar and immediately buys a years supply of drugs at an overpriced cost. Is bewildered and confused how such a party could be financed without any sponsorship signs, posters and boards. Is at a psy party probably for the first and last time.

The Partypackers

Mostly found in herds. Feel strong in groups and share tasks between the members, such as dealing drugs, driving the car, get the newest music, get money for the party, know the first names of everyone they need to know at the party etc.

First they complain about the music, but an hour later they will be dancing around like crazy to whatever sound because the drugs have started working. They wear relatively inconspicuous clothes like black hooded sweaters. They also like plastic-raver trousers with huge side pockets to store their party lunch boxes.

Wow, I just remembered why I don't like the internet.

Why all the aggression? Passive-aggressive tension is like smoke in a forest fire here :P

And anyway, what's a wannabe anyway? What do people's motives matter to you people, if they're having a good time? I love seeing anybody at a party as long as they behave.

But these were funny :D

There's also the

Organic whole foods farmer

Spent the beginning of the 90s in Goa, remembers queuing up to clubs with now big name artists when they were still underage and couldn't get in. Came to the party to live up the old memories, talk about past adventures with the old guy, and give approving glances to the 20-something kids full of energy. Only has time and interest to go to a few parties every now and then, spends the rest of his time weeding his/her rows of biodynamic carrots in a hut somewhere in the countryside. Does not do drugs anymore, but ends up anyway talking to the daffodils by sunrise. Has possibly tons of high quality half finished tracks of his/her own hidden somewhere in the desktop drawers, but nobody will ever hear them because he/she does not have an internet connection, and will never finish the tracks because prefers running in the woods with his/her kids- named Afrodite and Orion Starseed by all probability- more than making music anyway.

Long time artist

Usually a bit older than the rest of the partygoers and one of the more genuine, down to earth and friendly characters at the party, but most people never get to know this because they are too scared to talk to the him/her, thinking either that they are not cool enough, or that the artist must be an annoying elitist, and so choose not to. Because of this the artists end up talking with each other about the differences between analog synth modules and previous festivals of the season. Can also be spotted by the throngs of admirers flocking around them. During other artists sets stands in the middle of the dancefloor in the sonic sweet spot and analyses the production with razor sharp accuracy.

Variations: permafried traveller freak/upper middle class escapist/ pro-musician fun sideproject

Up and coming artist:

Usually a bit younger, realized after following the feats of the long time artists, that playing at festivals must be a good way to score free drugs and reckless sex. Has a hundred gigabyte collection of trance mp3s, despite never paying for music in his/her life. Spends all the money he/she makes instead to buy the latest music gear based on reviews in hi-tech keyboard magazines. Believes the lack of quality in his tracks is the reason of not having enough pro equipment instead of not practicing songwriting and production skills enough. Probably also helping out with the organization of the festival, has incredible amounts of energy he/she will spend in order to realize the dream of being a famous musician one day. Does not have any original ideas musically, but through relentless bombardment with promotional material still manages to score enough gigs to keep the ball rolling. Says he's using only Sylenth1 these days because it sounds just like a real analog synth like Virus.

Variations:

Gifted mdma-kid/ straight edge hippie prodigy with classical training/ nerd sound programmer genius, codes own plugins