Spiral Trax is back!

Guest The Journey Man Project

Guest The Journey Man Project

On 2007-06-21 14:46, Bakke wrote:

2007-06-21: Spiral Trax Press Release

After almost exactly one year of silence it is time for the re-launch of Spiral Trax, the original Scandinavian trance label.

After the unfortunate downfall of our distributor last spring we saw no other solution than to shut down in June 2006. It is not until now that we have gathered the strength to pick up the pieces and come back strong!

Today the label is under new management with a head office in Germany, but with its creative roots firmly planted in the Swedish soil. Our label founder, DJ Anti, and long time label assistant, DJ Bakke, are still responsible for selecting the music and creating the visual appearance while all economical matters, contracts, licensing etc are dealt with at the German head office.

Since Spiral Trax International does not exist anymore the focus will no longer be limited to Scandinavian artists. Our undivided attention now turns to the legendary Spiral Trax. We are back on track to provide you with top quality progressive on CD, vinyl and digital download from an array of international artists.

Realizing that there is a gap to fill when it comes to vinyl from top shelf psychedelic artists, we have also decided to throw in the occasional vinyl release by the psychedelic trance elite, not to mention our upcoming new Astrix single that definitely should not be missed! But don’t you worry – we are not going completely psychedelic on you, our roots are in the progressive sounds and that’s where we will dwell…

The amazing vinyl release of Astrix – Future Music EP including Just in time, a massive progressive track that has been hammered by the likes of John 00 Flemming. On the flip side you will find remixes of Poison and Techno Widows by psytrance superstars G.M.S and Wrecked Machines.

The first single will soon be followed by a row of releases, such as the stunning double A-sider of progressive house produced by Parham & Dominic Plaza under the name ZOG.

Our very first CD is a compilation by DJ Anti that will reset the standards for the new Spiral Trax. This one will be followed by Bakkelit Version 2.1 compiled by DJ Bakke and Ease Division Vol. 3 compiled by Solar Fields.

And that is not all! We will also release several artist albums that will surely fill your expectations.

Upcoming vinyl releases:

SPIT 038 Astrix – Future Music EP

SPIT 039 XXX – Sugar / Strangest night and still…

SPIT 040 V/A – The Comeback vinyl sampler

Upcoming CD releases:

SPITCD 022 V/A – Spiral Trax Vol. 2 - The Comeback, compiled by DJ Anti

SPITCD 023 V/A – Bakkelit V. 2.1, compiled by DJ Bakke

SPITCD 024 V/A – Ease Division 3, compiled by Solar Fields

:clapping: :posford: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :posford: :clapping: :drama: :blink: :wank: :wank: :wank: :huh::lol::ph34r:

ummm, Astrix, spiral trax? :(

Hmm... at least the song "just in time" by astrix is more the progressive style, and gets my feet going :unsure: so maybe they will take us by surprise.

And about Spiral Trax Return... SUPER GREAT NEWS!!!!! :posford: :posford: :posford: WHIIIIIIIIIII :clapping:

You know what's odd?

Just yesterday I've been thinking of Spiral Trax again...

Good to hear that they're back.

BUT:

ummm, Astrix, spiral trax? :(

exactly my reaction ... what the duck does Arsetricks do on Spiral Trax?

They better should release the new ATMOS album :angry: ... but Atmos already signed with Digital Structures for this one...

Well, then a new S-RANGE maybe? Oh no, Anthony already signed with Liquid Records...

At least the Bakkelit v. 2.01 and the Ease Division 3 releases are good news :)

And fortunately there's a sentence that calms me down a bit: "But don’t you worry – we are not going completely psychedelic on you, our roots are in the progressive sounds and that’s where we will dwell…"

Astrix on Spiral Trax

1. Spiral trax have gone shit (hope not)

2. Astrix has gone good (is it possible?)

1 or 2 what do you think?

Astrix has released good music in the past, so let's hope for the better :)

great to see "spiral trax" back to work...the albums:

nama - navigator

atmos - headcleaner

vibrasphere - echo

s-range - 2001

are amazing still now...when they produced music their music was so future and spiral trax had many of this future music :)

My first reaction was "This is great news!", but then I read on and - Astrix and GMS on Spiral Trax? Uh oh... Well, nowadays psy & progressive trance is a business and labels that want to be big have to have big names that sell.

My first reaction was "This is great news!", but then I read on and - Astrix and GMS on Spiral Trax? Uh oh... Well, nowadays psy & progressive trance is a business and labels that want to be big have to have big names that sell.

Altough i'm not the biggest progressive fan, this news made me happy, S-Range, Jaia and Noma albums I enjoyed alot :) But indeed, what a shock to see Astrix!? Well... I want to hear it first... :P You never know! :)

Well... what can you say :)

Happy for SpiralTrax and hope they won't forget their past and will keep the quality.

On the other hand I noticed I don't like todays psyprogg anymore, so well... I don't actually care. Everybody's heading 'that' way, so this wasn't unexpected.

I am sure it is a typo... it should be Antix, not Astrix :lol:

Antix with a GMS remix?! :P

I've never really gotten into the Spiral Trax releases, I still think it's a good thing that this old label gets back to business, I hope they will be successfull. All of you are talking about the new Atmos, when is it supposed to be released? I've heard a new Atmos track a friend showed me and I quite liked it.

What a joke to claim that Spiral Trax is back if their return release is an EP by Astrix and remixes by GMS and Wrecked Machineries. Maybe I shouldn't judge too fast, but this doesn't look to promising and without tracklists for the upcoming compilations I'll choose to remain pessimistic.

The real question is: what big German label bought Spiral Trax?

Those of you living in Germany should find out who holds the rights to the Spiral Trax name, or who has registered the Spiral Trax company name.

Teh first release from new Spiral Trax, Astrix - Future Music EP (lol what a name), with samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/Vinyls/spt/spt1ep038.html

Well, it's going to sell. The Wrecked Machines rmx actually sounds quite good. GMS are back with their guitars. :lol: :handsintheair:

Proggy Asstrix ! Haven't even bothered with the remixes... <_<

No Atmos?

Where's the new Atmos?!

Or is he releasing on another label?

->

They better should release the new ATMOS album :angry: ... but Atmos already signed with Digital Structures for this one...

All artists that Spiral Trax stood for (for me) have either changed to other labels or they stopped making music ... like Noma <_<

I don't really think good ol' Spiral Trax times will come back :(

• 2 weeks later...