Your favorite Party Organizers..

NEMO.BOFH

The other day I was asked by a friend who I would consider the best organizer I have played for ever, and for me the answer came very natural: Tribe of Frog.

I got to know Jason of Tribe of Frog and his former girlfriend Zoe when I was living in the UK. Later when I had moved to Sweden and finished my 10 tracks, They invited me to do my UK Debut with my Live at a TOF Party. The warmth that I recieved from all the people there, was overwhelming. (Except the warmth of the camper van I slept in haha, that was freeeezin cold at night.. but I loved to sleep there dont get me wrong). Well, especially the treatment I got from Jason and Zoe was wonderful. I really hope I will play for them again, and I would do it for free and pay the air tickets, thats how much I like these people!

This made me think about other organizers as well, and I have similar feelings for Al Lindum aka Miss Piggy, which made a couple of parties in Copenhagen which I played at. I was always treated good by all the organization, always got the best gig times, always got paid too much eventhough they did not have to pay me anything, always let me drink as much alc as I could hold. I miss his parties!

Planet Rhythm Records/Glenn Wilson. He booked me for some of my first gigs, and always pushed me further than others. Thanks to Glenn (98%) I am a dj and artist today.

There are many more organizations that I have played for around Europe that I really appreciate and love, but the above are exceptional! :)

So if any of you read this, know this!

Love you guys and thank you very much for letting me play at your parties!!!

Nemo

antaro @ voov

(old school sanyass crew, everything working as it should, train station stop inside the festival, good prog taste)

boom crew

(massive but still so much thinking, natural/ecological choices of all kinds and not just for the image)

whoever organized ypy poty

(best festival ever, nothing to say)

swarup @ universo paralello is nice too

(seems like a cool shanti guy, festi with reasonably diverse line up, always managed to keep police away)

small prog crew of Rio

(organizing for example Satori, a killer party in a beautiful private island.. always good line up, last time was trentemoller, flowjob, oli from mos, true to nature, oxyd, etc)

and the worse one so far: Alex Boshke with Transit festival... lol.. ´full story coming soon, prepare for transit 2005´ and all that shit haha.. fking greedy bastards with a ´door´ between the camping of the festi and the dancefloor where they didnt allow ppl to bring water or anything.. not to mention faking location pics before the party, so it seemed like a great nature place but in fact was a shitty concrete commercial location with redbull tents, view to buildings and a railway crossing through the middle of the festival

Alex Tolstey (Boshke Beats/Transit Festival)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Tribe of Frog has to be up there for me too, they are the most professional party crew around... Nemo, Zoe isn't really involved anymore, she's got married to Ott and had a baby last year :)

apart from them, it's always a joy to play in the Netherlands for the groningen crowd at Matt & Remko's parties, and when I was in Australia for the Discordian Monkey Tribe (Tom Jaimz, Richie & Klara).

Tribe of Frog has to be up there for me too, they are the most professional party crew around... Nemo, Zoe isn't really involved anymore, she's got married to Ott and had a baby last year :)

apart from them, it's always a joy to play in the Netherlands for the groningen crowd at Matt & Remko's parties, and when I was in Australia for the Discordian Monkey Tribe (Tom Jaimz, Richie & Klara).

Yeah, I knew that about Zoe, Ott and the Child, but I had to mention her, as she took really good care of me the whole time when I was there. Did we meet when I was over playing by the way? :)

Edit: Yes, eventhough I have only played at one of Matt & Remkos parties, I must say that I enjoyed that gig and the party more than anything else I have played at the last 3 years, even more than my own party with Atmos in Sweden 1 year ago haha :)

I was treated very well when I played at Voov experience... But now they have new organizers, who I don't know anything about... I also think those who organized the Samothraki Dance festivals where professional... I was also treated well at the Boom festival last year; picked up at the airport, driven all the way to the stage, cold drinks while I played 4 hours and driven back to the airport, all in a smooth way...

I was treated very well when I played at Voov experience... But now they have new organizers, who I don't know anything about...

afaik, the organizing team for voov is the same, except antaro is out, no?

anyways, he was the key org imo, so I would be careful with vuuv from now on

whoever organized ypy poty

(best festival eva, nothing to say)

I think Goodmood (Boom organiser) also organised Ypy Poty gathering.

How I love to have been there. Goddammit.

Samothraki 2002 was one of the best organised festivals ever. Also Boom 2006 and the FULL moON festival in Germany is extermely professional organised. This doesn't make it better or worse. Only for the artists professionally organised festivals make a world of difference. See Soulclipse vs Full Moon f.e. ;)

Yeah, I knew that about Zoe, Ott and the Child, but I had to mention her, as she took really good care of me the whole time when I was there. Did we meet when I was over playing by the way? :)

Edit: Yes, eventhough I have only played at one of Matt & Remkos parties, I must say that I enjoyed that gig and the party more than anything else I have played at the last 3 years, even more than my own party with Atmos in Sweden 1 year ago haha :)

no, we didn't meet... at that time i was living in holland probably; i've only been living back in the UK since the summer of 2004. from '96 to 2003 i was living in first groningen and then amsterdam :)

snapinho, i definitely met you... just not sure whether it was at the easter party in the simplon last year, or the new years party in the climbing hall a few months ago :)

no, we didn't meet... at that time i was living in holland probably; i've only been living back in the UK since the summer of 2004. from '96 to 2003 i was living in first groningen and then amsterdam :)

snapinho, i definitely met you... just not sure whether it was at the easter party in the simplon last year, or the new years party in the climbing hall a few months ago :)

Aww thats too bad, well, maybe we will meet in the future... the stars will tell! :)

Tribe of Frog put on some of the best parties out there, from both an artist's point of view (I/we have played for them more times in more guises than I can count since 2000) and from a punter's point of view. Their hearts are most certainly in the right place, and Jason is a man of rare vision. I'm so lucky I live in Bristol.

20thday in NYC are very cool people indeed to work/party with too. Hi Lauryn! :D

Just had a potentially disastrous yet ultimately awesome experience working with the Neutronyx crew in Ireland, too... when the dominos started falling they just smiled and sorted shit out. Respect.

Vortex in SA - if you get a chance, either as an artist or partygoer, do it.

Glade Festival - amazingly professional and well-organised crew, putting on a phenomenal event in the face of extreme adversity. Very much looking forward to working with them again this year.

I still have to sample the delights of working/partying with promoters from many countries though so if you're putting on parties in eg. Australia, Russia or Brazil/South America, please get in touch and get yourself added to this list!

it was the easter party not nye.. cuz snaaps ass was in costa rica then.. Although he would rather have been at the party :P

About fullmoon festival: i think they have learned alot from the beginning and they are def professional. But i do not agree with some of their decisions at all. The prog stage last year for example was a disaster. Not because of the artists or sound but because of the set up. it was pathetic to put it gently :P The artists were up the hill far away from the dancefloor in some cheaply build shack with no deco and the bar was where the dj booth should have been. The deco was dreadfull and there were 3 lights shining constantly all night.

If you stood on the hill in between the fullon and the prog floor the difference was sooo big it was unbelievable. Fullon floor was massive and fat and progfloor thin and ugly.

I really hope they will change that this year.

it was the easter party not nye.. cuz snaaps ass was in costa rica then.. Although he would rather have been at the party :P

About fullmoon festival: i think they have learned alot from the beginning and they are def professional. But i do not agree with some of their decisions at all. The prog stage last year for example was a disaster. Not because of the artists or sound but because of the set up. it was pathetic to put it gently :P The artists were up the hill far away from the dancefloor in some cheaply build shack with no deco and the bar was where the dj booth should have been. The deco was dreadfull and there were 3 lights shining constantly all night.

If you stood on the hill in between the fullon and the prog floor the difference was sooo big it was unbelievable. Fullon floor was massive and fat and progfloor thin and ugly.

I really hope they will change that this year.

I hope so too, because I dont want to listen to good music in a shitty set up (like in tshitraka, blargh) :D