Cosmosis - Psychedelica Melodica

Helios909 (rx7style)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it.

But there is no creativity here (and i am not talking about innovation). I found the tracks boring and uninspiring. Nothing special about the melodies. Just plain and simple full-on.

I totally agree with you.

GREAT PARTY MUSIC !!! HELLO WAKE UP ??? FOR ALL OF U THAT DONT LIKE THIS ALBUM I CANT TELL U WHAT TO LOVE BUT WHEN I PLAY MARTIAN BLUES IN PARTIES PEOPLE GET UP AND START DIGGING :) DIG IT ?

COSMOSIS IS BACK ... THIS IS AWESOME ALBUM STANDS STRONG WITH HIS BEST STUFF

!!! FUNKY !!! TWISTED !!! FLYING ON CHEMICHELS !!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit my bad taste and say 'dance of the cosmic serpent' is one of the worst tracks on the album.

there's only one melodic structure, very average and unimaginative, repeated over and over and over again, yai! :)

synth fx - goes down in scale - comes up in scale. where do I find a piece of smelly cheddar when I need one?

there are some good tracks here too, no doubt. the following 'the other side' for example has catched my interest well this far. much more imagination in those cosmosis-trademark quirks and has quite catchy melodies too dare I say.

• 3 weeks later...

Take a big bite of a cheddar and put it in the mouth.. then with the mouth full of cheese try to pronounce Cosmosis.. it will sound something like this: Cosmocheese :rolleyes:

Still love the older discs <3

Dancefloor. Or driving fast.

Can't say nothing about how it works on dancefloor, but I can confirm it is extremely good for fast driving.

I've tested it couple of times in the car and always had problem concentrating on the road and controlling speed.

Whether it is good or not for the safety is another story, but proves the CD packs loads of energy! :)

Still not keen on that #7 track and can't decide whether #8 is cheesy or not :rolleyes:

The rest however, is kicking :drama:

hi,

after attently reading this thread and listening to the cd several times, i keep asking myself where the oldschoolish elements are. this album is not by any means oldschoolishly influenced nor does it in any way remind me of the old masterpieces cosmosis did in the glorious times.

this album is totally contemporary, it's style, it's production technique and everything.

about melodies that can't be percieved as such because of modern production techniques - well if we don't perceive a melody, there usually is none.

in my opinion, which in the case of this genre is not based on lots of experience (i avoid full-on by all means and don't understand people who mix it up with oldschool goa trance), this album is OK if listening to those tracks at full-on-parties.

But after having so often read about the cosmosis oldschool revival with this album i must admit it was nothing but a disappointment realizing that it had nothing to do with oldschool goa trance.

• 1 month later...

That melody from Dance of the cosmic serpent awfully reminds me on melody from Etnica's Screaming Butterfly. Coincidence?

No... not a coincidence... COSMOSIS STOLE THE MELODY!!!!

Bah. Bah bah. Dance of the Cosmic Serpent starts out as a great track, why does it have to end so CHEESY?! What a ruined potential!!! I mean, the quiet part that starts at 4:40 is amazing... I even forgive the stupid quote that was played 15 seconds earlier.. but fucking hell, 5:20 - "We have to keep it rockin' so no one comes a-knockin'"... ?!?? And then that STUPID full-on vibe comes in??

What a poor choice of completing this track! The sad thing is that you can hear the base of what could've been done.. to make it... a track with HONOUR!!!!

Instead, Cosmosis opted for bubble-gum. Bah =[

No... not a coincidence... COSMOSIS STOLE THE MELODY!!!!

If you read the sleeve notes you will see where the melody came from. Or maybe he sat down and listened to a 12 year old album and decided to rip it off.

Personally I know he actually ripped it from a 95 year snake charmer he met in Anjuna.

You decide.

Jim