The Chemical Brothers

seraph

I have just returned from one of the BEST Live Acts I have ever attended. OMFG ! Chems are fantastic ! So groovy, so bouncey, so fresh, with new ideas and various styles, taking completely different direction with new album WE ARE THE NIGHT. I was only sorry they haven't played almost no tracks from their first one EXIT PLANET DUST and my favourite DIG YOUR OWN HOLE. But nevertheless, their Live Performance was so massive, so powerful and yet concrete and simple. All of my friends and almost 15000 people were more than pleased. Chewy breakbeat melted with some psychedelic rock, downtempo, trip hop with dance beats. I haven't liked their last 2 albums but in live they sound so fresh and good. The performance was beyond expectations even though I expected a lot coz they are Chemical Brothers. 2 hours of cyber fun with perfect lights, loads of lasers in multi colors, completely trippy, hillarious video beam VJing, perfect top notch production and awesome sound all blended into perfect multimedial event. Here is the tracklisting from the party so whenever they are around you, ATTEND coz they just rock !

No Path to Follow

Galvanize

Burst Generator

Do it Again

Get Yourself High

Hey Boy Hey Girl

All Rights Reversed

Krafty Numbers

Out Of Control

Don't Fight Control

Temptation

Star Guitar

Surface to Air

Under the Infuence

Saturate

Believe

We are the Night

Golden Path

Chemical Beats

Das Spiegel

The Sunshine Underground

All in all, I have huge respect for them. They are crucial part of electronic scene and one of the best british producers around, up there with Prodigy, Orbital and Underworld. They made 5 albums and numerous singles, mixing various kind of music for compilations and contributing a lot to the electronic scene. They tend to make loads of commerical tracks in previous 3 albums but their ealier work IS ESSENTIAL, especially first three albums :

1995 - EXIT PLANET DUST !!

1997 - DIG YOUR OWN HOLE !!!

1999 - SURRENDER !

2001 - COME WITH US

2004 - PUSH THE BUTTON

2007 - WE ARE THE NIGHT

So, here post your appreciation values for them, if there are at all.

For me, even though they belong to completely different scene, they deserve the mention here. :D

agreed

have been into them since their first album

have all their albums including their stuff as the dust brothers (way ahead of it's time)

and seen them live a few times

taking a while for their new album to sink im but starting to dig it

impresive set list would love to have been their

the best electro trip hop duo of all time

imo of course

appreciated

I've seen them live about 10 years ago and they sure were one hell of live-act with one of the fattes light shows I have ever seen.

The fact I remember it so well prooves how good they were!

Chemical Brothers used to be great.

Actually they were one of my non-psy fav groups.

Tracks like Elektrobank, Dig Yor Own Hole,Block Rockin Beats,Hey Boy Hey Girl, Private Psychedelic Reel are classics

but today they suck soooo much...

They totally lost it. Mainstream clubby stuff.

Galvanize is pure shit!

IMO

Chemical Brothers used to be great.

Actually they were one of my non-psy fav groups.

Tracks like Elektrobank, Dig Yor Own Hole,Block Rockin Beats,Hey Boy Hey Girl, Private Psychedelic Reel are classics

but today they suck soooo much...

They totally lost it. Mainstream clubby stuff.

Galvanize is pure shit!

IMO

I thought as well, and was dissapointed with their previous 2 albums, but in LIVE, they are something completely different, not at all mainstream and clubby shit, but rather energising, groovy live act, with only few vocals here and there. They even remixed the vocal tracks into instrumentals for the LIVE. Truly incredible experience. :D

have all their albums including their stuff as the dust brothers (way ahead of it's time)

Ummm, as far as I know Dust Brothers AREN'T Chemical Brothers... they were found in Los Angeles in 1983, way before Chemical but haven't released much except Fight Club soundtrack and few singles and remixes, which is shame coz they are as good as The Chems. :rolleyes:

No Path to Follow

Galvanize

Burst Generator

Do it Again

Get Yourself High

Hey Boy Hey Girl

All Rights Reversed

Krafty Numbers

Out Of Control

Don't Fight Control

Temptation

Star Guitar

Surface to Air

Under the Infuence

Saturate

Believe

We are the Night

Golden Path

Chemical Beats

Das Spiegel

The Sunshine Underground

Where is Elektrobank? :o

I don't believe they didn't play that monster track!!!

whenever they are around you, ATTEND coz they just rock !

Ah, interesting ... they will come here in July and I was already thinking about going ... but the ticket price makes me wanna shit my pants.

46 Euro! And just Chemical Brothers, no support. That's what I normally expect to pay for a festival lasting for several days!

I really am tempted to go, but the price :ph34r:

I'll think about it.

How long were they playing, Seraph?

Ah, interesting ... they will come here in July and I was already thinking about going ... but the ticket price makes me wanna shit my pants.

46 Euro! And just Chemical Brothers, no support. That's what I normally expect to pay for a festival lasting for several days!

I really am tempted to go, but the price :ph34r:

I'll think about it.

How long were they playing, Seraph?

Uh, that price is heavy, but if you can by any means find the money for it, don't hesitate to go... :D

They were playing exactly 2 hours, with short break before bis. That price is really high, what were they thinking ? :huh:

Uh, that price is heavy, but if you can by any means find the money for it, don't hesitate to go... :D

They were playing exactly 2 hours, with short break before bis. That price is really high, what were they thinking ? :huh:

46 Euros is a blasphemy!

Fortunately I have found out that there are some vouchers from ticketing organisations and stuff ... so I could get the tickets for 38 Euros.

38 Euros is still not few though.

I'll think about it. Apparently I'll be working in July anyway, so I can afford it...

Their last 2 albums were quite dull to say the least. I still cherish the good old moments by them. While Prodigy albums are getting the dust on the shelves Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole get a spin here and there. I also have their Videos collection on DVD and i really like it. :posford:

Ummm, as far as I know Dust Brothers AREN'T Chemical Brothers... they were found in Los Angeles in 1983, way before Chemical but haven't released much except Fight Club soundtrack and few singles and remixes, which is shame coz they are as good as The Chems. :rolleyes:

umm excuse me that was their name before they were taken to court and had to change it

regardless if the dust brothers have been around longer

this is a chemical brothers apreciation thread is it not

that is their history and a part of them

should not be ignored, have you even heard their first releases

comments like that suggest otherwise

imo of course

as this is your topic

umm excuse me that was their name before they were taken to court and had to change it

regardless if the dust brothers have been around longer

this is a chemical brothers apreciation thread is it not

that is their history and a part of them

should not be ignored, have you even heard their first releases

comments like that suggest otherwise

imo of course

as this is your topic

Are you insane ? Dust Brothers ARE NOT Chemical Brothers ! You can check that anywhere on the web, I don't intend to have arguments with you... :wank:

read his post again.

The Chemical Brothers were "The Dust Brothers"... but they had to change it.

back on topic, Chems are wicked :D

I've ignored their later stuff, still listen to the old classics :)

Private Psychedelic Reel

Surrender

The Duke

Under The Influence

Morning Lemon

Are you insane ? Dust Brothers ARE NOT Chemical Brothers ! You can check that anywhere on the web, I don't intend to have arguments with you... :wank:

exactly i am not trying to argue with you so please don't give me the wank as you clearly are not aware of their history do some digging you may learn something, isuggest you check the web ( ok i will do it for you please do your research before you abuse people for no reason

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Dust+Brothers%2C+The+(2)

regards

wanker

Never heard much from them.

I was instantly put of when I heard

hey boy, hey girl, superstar DJ, here we go and throw up

Their early stuff is less gay?