2006 revisited

Trolsk

When the best of 2006 competition was over I decided to revisit some of the releases mentioned in the competition. I'm glad I did because given a second chance I found these two releases to be a lot better then the first impression:

Vibrasphere - Archipelago

Filteria - Heliopolis

That shouldn't be a big surprise to most of you since both releases ended up in the top ten. My first impression was that both releases didn't really evolve previous efforts, but given a second chance I think both releases are more then valid and that they are worth purchasing.

I also found a (to me) previously unknown album:

Quasar - One Day

Really good storytelling dark psychedelic trance.

Are there any psytrance releases from 2006 that the rest of you have overlooked or (re)discovered?

For sure also the Archipelago album by Vibrasphere, prog-album of the year for me. Besides that The Ayahuasca Experience sampler is also a blast, just got to hear it after the 2006 poll was finished.

Hypnotic Vibration-GOANMANTRA RECORDS, I picked this one up some time last year and for some unknown reason it was over looked. I just listened to it again yesterday for what seemed to be the first time and I was impressed. Great dark twisted night time sounds with great samples and basslines that just make you move your bum.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/goa/goa1cd002.html

I have to add U-Recken - Aquatic Serenade to that list here. I'm not sure if I even added it in my top in the best of 2006 thread but I have to say that the album gets better every time I listen to it.

I have to add U-Recken - Aquatic Serenade to that list here. I'm not sure if I even added it in my top in the best of 2006 thread but I have to say that the album gets better every time I listen to it.

Yeah! I gave this another listen today & thought it was pretty damn good