New Forum Rule.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a forum where you can spam as much as you want? Radi is a member and he is going cracy over mountains and posford! THere is even a picture of Monika!!! :D Where have you been?

Been living in Dublin but am back for a little while to sort out a few things and decide if I'll move there for good.

I'll check out the spam forum, be good to see old radster again. Is he over his motorway obsession yet?

Been living in Dublin but am back for a little while to sort out a few things and decide if I'll move there for good.

I'll check out the spam forum, be good to see old radster again. Is he over his motorway obsession yet?

Charlie! good to see you back :)

btw, why do you want to move to city from your country side, if not a secret?

The love of a good woman.

But enough about me. How are you, still dating your uncle?

Oh, I found out that you can say everything you want against people that have a public face. You can say "George Bush is a son of a bitch that fucks with donkeys" without getting into trouble. Weird eh?

Are you quite sure about this? I know that it isn't libel if what you say is an obvious parody that nobody is likely to take seriously (as with your example above), but I would be very surprised if you could say anything about a public face.

Are you quite sure about this? I know that it isn't libel if what you say is an obvious parody that nobody is likely to take seriously (as with your example above), but I would be very surprised if you could say anything about a public face.

Well, yeah. :) Anyways I just also found out that if you have an OPINION about a public figure (A politician, movie actor, and other "famous" (musicians) people are "public figures") it does not count as libel. So, if you actually say that you think that Simon Posford is a wanker, he can not do jack shit about it. Its your right... (See freedom of speech). The private person is protected way more than the person that is a musician or a movie "star". Interesting, I think I need to re-define this rule a little bit... lets see what more the lawyer comes up with :)

Oh, I found out that you can say everything you want against people that have a public face. You can say "George Bush is a son of a bitch that fucks with donkeys" without getting into trouble. Weird eh?

But that's because nobody cares about bullshit like that, there's just too much of it and it's not worth suing all of them. OTOH, I don't think you can slander a nick. If I said Full_Omm is a wanker you couldn't sue me unless your name is Full_Omm or it's some publicly known alias such as Madonna. Well, IANAL...

otoh, ianal, wtf?!

OTTO did CHARLIE IN ANAL!?

You fucking disgust me. Seriously.

P.S. PM me your mobile number, we'll sex talk.

But that's because nobody cares about bullshit like that, there's just too much of it and it's not worth suing all of them. OTOH, I don't think you can slander a nick. If I said Full_Omm is a wanker you couldn't sue me unless your name is Full_Omm or it's some publicly known alias such as Madonna. Well, IANAL...

No, I am not 100% but 99% sure that you can actually say that he is a donkeyfucker and a whore that fucks for 5 euros in the worst parts of the red-light without getting into any trouble. There was some stupid law made around it. (well not stupid, its actually a pretty cool law ahaha). Anyways, I will have more answers next week. Until then, you can call me a wanker, since I am a very famour dj :)

This is one of the stupidiest things I've heard in a while...

I assume ex-member=banned member. It's usually the least honorable people who are most eager to defend their honor. Threatening forums with lawsuits seems to be the popular thing to do nowadays (because just mentioning it causes admins to do whatever they ask). It's often a desperate move to defend reputation that has already been lost due to their own actions. Now, given that I don't know the details or even who we're talking about, it could be that someone has actually been seriously slandered, but somehow I doubt it.

Indeed. If someone gets himself banned, he shouldn't have any saying when other people insult him. He has obviously been insulting people himself.

And again, if someone is immature enough to get offended by stupid jokes, no lawyer is stupid enough to take his case. And the laws considering slander are different in every country. So how is it decided wheter the forum-owner should be fined or not?

BTW, how do you decide who's a public face and who's not?

Yeah but if I fart into a microphone and get some retard to release it, am I a public figure?

There are many such artists on psyshop these days. So i guess that turns them a public figure too.