New Forum Rule.

NEMO.BOFH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't have to use their real names on forums!

It's very easy to keep your privacy no matter how much you hang out there.

Correct to an extend, but there were pople in the past posting under their real names!

*EDITED*

Hehe welcome to internet.. this is indeed something of the most stupid i have ever come across in my life using the interwebs lol, people should go out and take some fresh air and not be whining about law suits for some bull shit on a forum xD :lol: :drama: :drama: E-Drama

Hehe welcome to internet.. this is indeed something of the most stupid i have ever come across in my life using the interwebs lol, people should go out and take some fresh air and not be whining about law suits for some bull shit on a forum xD :lol: :drama: :drama: E-Drama

We however have to take it serious, until we know what the deal is. Please respect that.

We have so many people on this forum, yet none of you are lawyers?! ;) Me wonders why :P:lol:

I found out from a lawyer friend that if the statement is TRUE it can not be seen as slander or libel. "He is such a wanker" is hard to really prove or not hehehe. Noone is going to admit in court how much he wanks.... :)

Anyways, still looking into the matter with the very big looking-glass.

We however have to take it serious, until we know what the deal is. Please respect that.

Sure i respect it :) but still it is a new thing for me, never ever hear about anything similar over the years.

Anyways good luck.

Sure i respect it :) but still it is a new thing for me, never ever hear about anything similar over the years.

Anyways good luck.

Google it, its very fuzzy though. First of all, its a very long process, and it will cost you a LOT of money to sue someone for libel on an internet-forum. Laws differ from country to country, and the EU has not yet decided on how it shall work.

Actually i can totally understand the context in which this step is being taken. A social networking site has been asked to shut down by a political group because of some defamatory remarks about Maratha warrior-king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj , the person after whom the outfit was formed.

Ex-members / banned members in a way have nothing to do with the site and can demand action to be taken against the particular portal.

I was going to post something like that.. i,m just shocked someone can be so fucking *beep beep beep* :blink:

i can only guess who it is :rolleyes:

Actually i can totally understand the context in which this step is being taken. A social networking site has been asked to shut down by a political group who feel certain hate groups against the leader of outfit were spawning within the site.

Ex-members / banned members in a way have nothing to do with the site and can demand action to be taken against the particular portal.

Oh, I found out that you can say everything you want against people that have a public face. You can say "George Bush is a son of a bitch that fucks with donkeys" without getting into trouble. Weird eh?

Oh, I found out that you can say everything you want against people that have a public face. You can say "George Bush is a son of a bitch that fucks with donkeys" without getting into trouble. Weird eh?

Thats pretty shoddy lawmaking actually .. how is a public figures privacy any different from some random guy ?! the internet really is a tricky obscure place.

Google it, its very fuzzy though. First of all, its a very long process, and it will cost you a LOT of money to sue someone for libel on an internet-forum. Laws differ from country to country, and the EU has not yet decided on how it shall work.

Problem on the internet is integrity to prove who someone is behind an internet nick/alias or his ip is no easy task, and isp providers dont give that type of information out so easy, so basically this would never work in court of law, but i can understand the laws are different in all the countries around the globe and i base my opinions on the european view on things ;) Here in sweden isp providers would only give out the ip to the police if a serious crime has been made and some flaming on a forum sure isnt enought for police here, they have lots of more important things to take care of.

Thats pretty shoddy lawmaking actually .. how is a public figures privacy any different from some random guy ?! the internet really is a tricky obscure place.

Actually the reason you can say it is because its true. Barbara is a bitch and George likes to fuck donkeys (and Dick Cheney likes to suck the donkey off while he does it). Just another typical day at the white house.

I read the posts in question before they were all hidden and there was nothing that would count as libel in them. People expressing their opinions on someone's personality, yes. People saying they wouldn't support that persons PUBLIC efforts because of their personality, yes. But anything resembling libel? No way, no how from the point of view of the law as viewed in the US as I understand it.

Nemo has kindly unbanned me so I can write this, my final post, and I'll cut straight to the chase. It's me who's threatening to file law suits against psynews if I see people talking about me as, frankly, I've had enough of it and believe me when I say I am deadly serious. That's it. Have a nice day.

Nemo has kindly unbanned me so I can write this, my final post, and I'll cut straight to the chase. It's me who's threatening to file law suits against psynews if I see people talking about me as, frankly, I've had enough of it and believe me when I say I am deadly serious. That's it. Have a nice day.

I love you Charlie :lol: (I have missed you to be honest!) Why are you not on the spam forum? (http://48hrs.esknetlabs.com)

Best prank ever

Nah... But if someone filed a lawsuit about bad mouthing simon posford I'd know who to blame. (I don't think you're allowed to attack someones religion)

We have so many people on this forum, yet none of you are lawyers?! ;) Me wonders why :P:lol:

Skelly's a lawyer. A psytrance lawyer. :posford:

Actually the reason you can say it is because its true. Barbara is a bitch and George likes to fuck donkeys (and Dick Cheney likes to suck the donkey off while he does it). Just another typical day at the white house.

Where'd you get this information?

:lol:

Man, I was hoping least one person might fall for my prank. Guess you're all too smart for me. Bastards. :lol:

Missed you too. :wub: What's the spam forum?

Its a forum where you can spam as much as you want? Radi is a member and he is going cracy over mountains and posford! THere is even a picture of Monika!!! :D Where have you been?