The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

You, Regenald, shouldn't even be viewing this thread, yet alone posting in it. It's holy ground.

When Reger dies and goes to hell he'll have a killer PC with 1Tb Internet connection but with the ":" and ")" keys ripped off the keyboard

HAH! I gotcha beat, he's doing a show (10 hours away, but where I am moving to Wednesday) this Friday. Same thing, I guess he's doing the dualie now.

So I will see him before you :-D

=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] But I still love you Pavel, that's why you're my myspace friend!

TEHE

-d

I love you too pumpkin. When you see the man tell him he owes me those unrlsd killer DATs he promised.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Reger dies and goes to hell he'll have a killer PC with 1Tb Internet connection but with the ":" and ")" keys ripped off the keyboard

I love you too pumpkin. When you see the man tell him he owes me those unrlsd killer DATs he promised.

Hahaha! I will indeed. What's up with Raja these days? Why isn't he out on tour playing live flute and shpongle pa?! Any clues on this shit Pavel? I haven't been able to get in touch with Raja though a few years ago we conversed via e-mail quite regularly. HRMPH

Aaron

Poor music is a matter of taste.I never said Madonna is poor.It just sounds crap to me.But that's beside the point.

The fact that a shpongle track make it all the way to this DJs cd case made me think not just the setting were the track was played.

You seem to have completely missed the point I was trying to make. Who gives a flying fuck where certain music is played, who cares what an artist looks like, what clothes they wear, what they stand for, how popular they are, etc. If a piece of music connects with you then it connects with you and everything else is irrelevant.

There's a lot of posts on psynews from members claiming they only listen to 'underground' music, or they only listen to electronic music, or they dislike music with lyrics, or they're concerned when the artwork accompanying a CD they bought doesn't match their preconceptions or personal concepts and I feel sorry for them because by setting up these petty 'rules' that music must adhere to they're missing out on a world of brilliant music. And it's the same with judging music based on where you hear it played. It's just not important.

You seem to have completely missed the point I was trying to make. Who gives a flying fuck where certain music is played, who cares what an artist looks like, what clothes they wear, what they stand for, how popular they are, etc. If a piece of music connects with you then it connects with you and everything else is irrelevant.

There's a lot of posts on psynews from members claiming they only listen to 'underground' music, or they only listen to electronic music, or they dislike music with lyrics, or they're concerned when the artwork accompanying a CD they bought doesn't match their preconceptions or personal concepts and I feel sorry for them because by setting up these petty 'rules' that music must adhere to they're missing out on a world of brilliant music. And it's the same with judging music based on where you hear it played. It's just not important.

Amen brother

Don't worry i haven't got such problems,i'm enjoying a Madonna track by Mirwais (Paradise) as much as i'm enjoying rythmic noise.

But the fact is,Simon Posford used to produce sounds coming from the depths of his soul and the latest Shpongle worx are obviously far far away from that in my opinion.If i never knew that Simon is the man behind Shpongle i would never give a flying fuck if it was being played in MacDonald's daily.

That's why i'm saying he a sell-out.I might be totally wrong though.

Edit: Hallucinogen live.Right.For what?For a dead project that Simon himself is not enjoying anymore?Playing the same tracks he is playing for ages now?Is it a history lesson or something?

Edit: Hallucinogen live.Right.For what?For a dead project that Simon himself is not enjoying anymore?Playing the same tracks he is playing for ages now?Is it a history lesson or something?

The fact is that many people are still enjoying it. People like Neil young still playing live songs they wrote 30 years ago, so where's the problem.

Besides those old tracks were remixed and sound different live than on their original releases. And they are still far better than all the rhythmic noise some people call music nowadays.

The fact is that many people are still enjoying it. People like Neil young still playing live songs they wrote 30 years ago, so where's the problem.

Besides those old tracks were remixed and sound different live than on their original releases. And they are still far better than all the rhythmic noise some people call music nowadays.

Rhytmic Noise is a music genre :P And 'better' is in the ear of the beholder ;]

Don't worry i haven't got such problems,i'm enjoying a Madonna track by Mirwais (Paradise) as much as i'm enjoying rythmic noise.

But the fact is,Simon Posford used to produce sounds coming from the depths of his soul and the latest Shpongle worx are obviously far far away from that in my opinion.If i never knew that Simon is the man behind Shpongle i would never give a flying fuck if it was being played in MacDonald's daily.

If you feel his music no longer comes from his soul and it doesn't connect with you, that's cool, we're all touched and moved by different things after all, but your previous post suggested you were concerned with hearing a Shpongle being played at a fashionable bar.

Of course some people are still enjoying it,otherwise he wouldn't do it.Someone has to pay.As long as there are people paying for the same old set he will continue doing it.

And hey,at least people producing rythmic noise are doing it because they love it and they know they will barely get paid for that.

If you feel his music no longer comes from his soul and it doesn't connect with you, that's cool, we're all touched and moved by different things after all, but your previous post suggested you were concerned with hearing a Shpongle being played at a fashionable bar.

No you misunderstood me.I said "The fact that a shpongle track make it all the way to this DJs cd case made me think not just the setting were the track was played.".Meaning that i don't really care about the track playing at this bar but more about that DJ,collecting ultra commercial music for such an occasion,has got the Shpongle album.It might sound normal to you but you haven't heard the rest of his set.

No you misunderstood me.I said "The fact that a shpongle track make it all the way to this DJs cd case made me think not just the setting were the track was played.".Meaning that i don't really care about the track playing at this bar but more about that DJ,collecting ultra commercial music for such an occasion,has got the Shpongle album.It might sound normal to you but you haven't heard the rest of his set.

Okay, but again, why does it concern you the DJ has a Shpongle album and plays it in his set of commercial music? Are you saying that proves Shpongle has no soul?

I saw Posford last weekend at Ozora, and have the following observations:

A ) He got fat

B ) He didn't do anything live, there could have been a Laptop standing there. He didnt get into his music at all, i think hes really sick of Hallucinogen.

C ) He played Oliver Liebs remix of LSD, not even his own work

To sum it up, I found it to be rather unspectacular. Atmos who played ahead of him was 3000000000000000000 times better.

Can you see? Debating for Simon not being a god just drips of negative energy.

That's what you get for being an atheist! :(

The posts there merely suggest the need to be different and to emphasize a status of better (more underground) musical knowledge. :drama:

See, it's no coincidence Hallucinogen is popular. Sometimes it's aalright to be in the bandwagon. Bandwagon of righteousness, truth and love.

The following statements clearly show how it's against the higher truth to talk bad about Simon the Almighty.

"He wasn't enjoying his Hallucinogen set" Now since when have you been in his head? Simon is above us, you have to understand that everything he does doesn't open up in a true way in your limited consciousness of truth.

"He hasn't made a new album in ten years and plays the same old tracks, being a sell-out" You don't need to prove yourself further after making two of the most original psy-albums to date. Since when has it been wrong to play perfect tracks? Sell-out? Hardly. Rather a noble spirit in his endless forgivingness bathing us in the sea of sonic LSD.

I saw Posford last weekend at Ozora, and have the following observations:

A ) He got fat

B ) He didn't do anything live, there could have been a Laptop standing there. He didnt get into his music at all, i think hes really sick of Hallucinogen.

C ) He played Oliver Liebs remix of LSD, not even his own work

To sum it up, I found it to be rather unspectacular. Atmos who played ahead of him was 3000000000000000000 times better.

He's probably sick of his on hype knowing he can never live up to it :drama:

Shame on you guys calling him a god & make him doubt his own ability. He will never release a Hallucinogen 3 while you all expect it to be the best thing since sliced bread (which is a fantastic invention I do say) because he doesn't have the confidence in himself.

:lol:

Why do I get the feeling GSH's post will upset me? :unsure:

Edit: My post came out after he finished but I knew it would be derogatory!! Curse you, GSH. :pissed:

:lol:

Why do I get the feeling GSH's post will upset me? :unsure:

Edit: My post came out after he finished but I knew it would be derogatory!! Curse you, GSH. :pissed:

Look, here Posford meets his master:

Posted Image

Notice his buckling body posture, acknowleding Atmos's higher status and musical prowess. Also notice Atmos graciously excepting Posfords greeting :P

0WNED!!!

Shame on you guys calling him a god & make him doubt his own ability. He will never release a Hallucinogen 3 while you all expect it to be the best thing since sliced bread (which is a fantastic invention I do say) because he doesn't have the confidence in himself.

In an interview on the Twisted DVD his holyness, Sir Posford, mentions work on on the third Hallucinogen album has already begun. :posford:

Posted Image

Notice his buckling body posture, acknowleding Atmos's higher status and musical prowess. Also notice Atmos graciously excepting Posfords greeting :P

0WNED!!!

You baboon.

Posted Image

0WNED!!!

Well, from here it looks as if Atmos stepped Simon's foot and Posford yells at him:

"You stupid moron! You were supposed to sit under the table and suck my dick like you asked to!!!"

Atmos' apologising smile confirms that.

:P

He's probably sick of his on hype knowing he can never live up to it :drama:

Isn't that from Hippies? :D