The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't this topic pinned yet? Is it wrong to want to spread love around Psynews?

Yeah. It's clearly stated in the topic description that this topic is pinned.

Mods, you don't want to show yourself as liars do you?

Pin this topic, NOW.

LSD (his track) is not that good, really.

I agree and i must add that twisted and lone deranger are only good goatrance albuns obviously compared to masterpieces like transdimensional or I.F.O. they are just average albuns, no great melodies there at least all the times i end listening to twisted for example i cant remeber any melody from the album the same doesnt happens with I.F.O. or transdimensional.Another thing that i noticed is that it has no melodic climaxes, its only dreamy trance and i find it very boring, for me goatrance is made of melodies always on the edge...im listening to alpha centauri now and jesus this is so boring.His music has no pwerfull energy, if i listened to it on a party i would fall asleep :wank:

I agree and i must add that twisted and lone deranger are only good goatrance albuns obviously compared to masterpieces like transdimensional or I.F.O. they are just average albuns, no great melodies there at least all the times i end listening to twisted for example i cant remeber any melody from the album the same doesnt happens with I.F.O. or transdimensional.Another thing that i noticed is that it has no melodic climaxes, its only dreamy trance and i find it very boring, for me goatrance is made of melodies always on the edge...im listening to alpha centauri now and jesus this is so boring.His music has no pwerfull energy, if i listened to it on a party i would fall asleep :wank:

This is it. THE post. I was actually studying morphology and its application to modern linguistics, for my exam tomorrow, and then I decided to make coffe and see what's up here. And what do I see? The official "fuck tha fuck off mr. Posford" reply! If I was one of those dudes who have other people's quotes as sigs, this would be mine. Not because I hate Simon's music, quite on the contrary, I'm madly in love with it. Moreso, because of this reply I am most likely to flunk my exam tomorrow... Why? I just gotta put on "Twisted" and "The lone deranger" and search for all that lack of powerful energy and boring melodies!

Anyways Simon, we made your face cave in with a sledgehammer! :lol:

Time/date has to be considered when evaluating music. Things do change and evolve.

In the early 90's there was not a lot around that sounded lke his stuff.

To use a ridiculous extreme to prove a point;

If I played you some original medieval minstral music and asked for an opinion I'm sure it would be derided as good music - but at the time it was probably much appreciated.

Mark :clapping:

you're either trolling or you just happen to have seriously bad taste. :)

Time/date has to be considered when evaluating music. Things do change and evolve.

In the early 90's there was not a lot around that sounded lke his stuff.

To use a ridiculous extreme to prove a point;

If I played you some original medieval minstral music and asked for an opinion I'm sure it would be derided as good music - but at the time it was probably much appreciated.

Mark :clapping:

I don't think time should be given any value when giving an opinion about music. These sort of details (time, artist, label) are unimportant for me at least. My only focus is on the music itself, that way my opinion about some track is as honest as possible.

Yeah in the 90s there wasn't stuff that sounded like this. There still isn't, not even remotely. Hallucinogen raised the bar too high for others. Of course there are artists you could value as high as Hallucinogen, but as said they don't sound or try to sound like him.

you're either trolling or you just happen to have seriously bad taste. :)

<_<

Maybe just different taste.

I loved twisted for sure.

I thought the Lone Deranger was too cheesey & Hallucinogen's recent output has been pretty crap!

Simon Posford works much better when collaborating with other people. Like they stop him from putting all those shitty ideas into great tracks.

This is it. THE post. I was actually studying morphology and its application to modern linguistics, for my exam tomorrow, and then I decided to make coffe and see what's up here. And what do I see? The official "fuck tha fuck off mr. Posford" reply! If I was one of those dudes who have other people's quotes as sigs, this would be mine. Not because I hate Simon's music, quite on the contrary, I'm madly in love with it. Moreso, because of this reply I am most likely to flunk my exam tomorrow... Why? I just gotta put on "Twisted" and "The lone deranger" and search for all that lack of powerful energy and boring melodies!

Anyways Simon, we made your face cave in with a sledgehammer! :lol:

Your writting is so strange i cant even understand if your criticising me or agreeing with me maybe your confusing this forum with a modern linguistic exame? :lol:

Anyway thanks if your agreeing with me, and if your criticising, go fuck yourself with some modern linguistic book while listening to twisted :P:lol::lol:

Your writting is so strange i cant even understand if your criticising me or agreeing with me maybe your confusing this forum with a modern linguistic exame? :lol:

Anyway thanks if your agreeing with me, and if your criticising, go fuck yourself with some modern linguistic book while listening to twisted :P:lol::lol:

My sophisticated linguistical capabilities regularly surpass and becloud anyone's judgment and/or perception of physical reality. Just like Simon Posford's music. My vocabulary stings in the steepest parts of the human cerebrum, eclipsing the chasms of the fourth dimension, where crooked shadows eternally rest in an altered frame of mind.

:drama:

I did not agree or disagree with you or anybody else. I just wrote a post. But hey- you should nevargh take me seriously, it's not worth your time! :)

My sophisticated linguistical capabilities regularly surpass and becloud anyone's judgment and/or perception of physical reality. Just like Simon Posford's music. My vocabulary stings in the steepest parts of the human cerebrum, eclipsing the chasms of the fourth dimension, where crooked shadows eternally rest in an altered frame of mind.

:drama:

I did not agree or disagree with you or anybody else. I just wrote a post. But hey- you should nevargh take me seriously, it's not worth your time! :)

:clapping:

Yeah. It's clearly stated in the topic description that this topic is pinned.

Mods, you don't want to show yourself as liars do you?

Pin this topic, NOW.

In my book he's not God. I'm not lying.

You perhaps are lying that the topic is pinned!

In my book he's not God. I'm not lying.

You perhaps are lying that the topic is pinned!

"In my book he's not God. I'm not lying."

Liar.

"You perhaps are lying that the topic is pinned!"

I think no one will believe your big fat stinking liar words after you gave a false testament about Simon the Mighty. :(

I heard Simon Posford once strapped a recorder to his chest and wrestled a bear in the woods. He then later used the recorded sound as a saw-synth.

I heard he played Boney M's records backwards at "negative" 33RPM and came up with the melody in Shamanix.