The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with other publications of the label, the person responsible for the single's mastering was Colin Bennun from OOOD.

Taken from: http://www.psynews.o...luori-dolby-ep/

:)

Maybe you didn't understand the question? I hadn't heard any of Artha's music before I started mastering it so I was wondering what people here thought of the similarities between his stuff and classic-era Hallucinogen. Personally I really like it - it's like I've been waiting to hear something like that for years. What do you think? Or are you still hung up on how I'm not allowed to have an opinion because I worked on it? :P

Artha is similar to Hallucinogen in that they both have just those extra few tracks in the mix to give depth and almost everything is modulated and controlled, from the hats to the leads. Every time I think about Hallucinogen I imagine how much a new album would mean to the scene but if it isn't going to happen, it won't happen and we just have to deal with it.

Man Arthan smacks approximately 90% of the scene with plastic bags loaded with hot urine across their cheeks.

In addition to that, he displays more styles than Naomi Campbell.

I mean, his album better go that one extra yard further, or else... It's back to the drawing board, man! :P

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to Artha's album. Yes few sounds sound the same but then with Mr. Halluciongenious' music I have found it already has got most of the sound that the psytrance has of till today. So some parts sounding similar is not being same as. From GMS, Perfect Stranger, Texas Faggot, Loopus in Fabula, Night Psy., chill music, etc etc.

Hallucinogen's music is not just music; it is the nectar of psychedelia.

Every live set of his is a gem(I have experienced more than 6-7).

Honestly speaking I have experienced duing his live sets; if I take a scale put Hallcinogen's music on one scale and on the other scale whole of psytrance then only it balances. sorry :(

Comparing to Artha's music and Hallucinogen's. MEEO was more similar to Hallucinogen than Artha I think. :)

ps. I do like Artha's album. Especially Astral Body and Sannjasin.

Ok just to compare lets listen to the girl's voice on Sannjasin and the track angelic particles. They are heaven and earth different, literally.

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

It has been a long time coming... but I finally had the chance to see Simon perform as Shpongle (DJ set) and Hallucinogen (live, or something like it). I am told his live sets seldom vary--due, no doubt, to the lack of new material... but both sets blew me away just the same. An hour and a half of Shpongle, Younger Brother, and various other side projects (plus a few remixes--probably the ones now available on the Twisted download site) were awesome to hear at sundown. As Hallucinogen he played a ton of material from The Lone Deranger, some of which was remade, tuned up, or somehow altered. I heard Jiggle Of The Sphinx, Deranger, and Gamma Goblins--this last one many times, as the eminently recognizable melody served as the leitmotif for his set. Toward dawn he threw down a few golden oldies like Shamanix. New material included Long Long Arms and Big Tits. The rest--well, it is a bit of a blur... I haven't danced that hard in a long while! Anyhow, it was great. Quite a change from the usual live set from one of the all-time greats, all of whom focus so heavily on their latest and greatest that you have to wonder if they've forgotten that people like hearing tracks they recognize and even love. He is just a man... but what a musical mind this man has--and I was very glad to hear him lay down hours of his own productions out at Eclipse 2008.

I know this post above is 2 years old but hey we are talking about Posford here.

I remember seeing him live in octobre of the year 2008 after Infected Mushroom( whom went clearly the pop direction and sucked big time: a drummer...why??? a guitar player aarrrgghh!!! and a singer/rapper???). Anyways back to Godford; finally it was his turn after he personally got rid off those infected guys. From the first notes you could hear this was going to be something to be reckoned with, no happyhappyjoyjoy trance.

Modulated, grinding sounds came out of the speakers like none you heard of before, chemically enhanced acidlines twisting and turning, the occasional melody to turn you into a manic frenzy...No words... The music is in effect...What a trip!!! It was over too soon..."time flies when your having fun" I could hear Simon say, now who could argue with that! I was still in shock(read trance), went out for a breeze and never came back. This is it ... it doesn't get any better than this... thank you God and thank you Simon!!!

• 1 year later...

Just for the records, i was at the party "the elixir of life" in London this 1st October and there was a Shpongle DJ set courtesy of Raja Ram, he played a new track which had the Hallucinogen signature to it and was uptempo, a nice trip!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dick Trevor, "Looking through my old DAT's, I found this forgotten gem… This was made in Januray 1999. It's a remix of Atmos' classic Klein Aber Doctor done by myself and George Barker, released as Slinky Wizard vs. Green Nuns Remix….BUT this version was done after we had put down our final mix…. Simon popped round for a cuppa and did a live mix on the mixing desk. In the "olden days" before making everything inside a computer people would make their sequenced mix then put everything on a loop and make a live mix on the analogue mixing desk twisting the FX and EQ's, playing the desk like an instrument……this was a trick learnt from the days of Youth's Butterfly Studios….. Simon P., Ott and Greg Hunter were masters of this.Then you could edit it down into a few minutes. So this is Simon's live mix of our remix….its about 19 minutes long and very psychedelic! Enjoy!"

https://soundcloud.com/dicktrevor/atmos-slinky-nuns-hallucinogen

Dick Trevor, "Looking through my old DAT's, I found this forgotten gem… This was made in Januray 1999. It's a remix of Atmos' classic Klein Aber Doctor done by myself and George Barker, released as Slinky Wizard vs. Green Nuns Remix….BUT this version was done after we had put down our final mix…. Simon popped round for a cuppa and did a live mix on the mixing desk. In the "olden days" before making everything inside a computer people would make their sequenced mix then put everything on a loop and make a live mix on the analogue mixing desk twisting the FX and EQ's, playing the desk like an instrument……this was a trick learnt from the days of Youth's Butterfly Studios….. Simon P., Ott and Greg Hunter were masters of this.Then you could edit it down into a few minutes. So this is Simon's live mix of our remix….its about 19 minutes long and very psychedelic! Enjoy!"

https://soundcloud.c...ns-hallucinogen

nice one!