The official Simon "Hallucinogen" Godford

Oopie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

It has been a long time coming... but I finally had the chance to see Simon perform as Shpongle (DJ set) and Hallucinogen (live, or something like it). I am told his live sets seldom vary--due, no doubt, to the lack of new material... but both sets blew me away just the same. An hour and a half of Shpongle, Younger Brother, and various other side projects (plus a few remixes--probably the ones now available on the Twisted download site) were awesome to hear at sundown. As Hallucinogen he played a ton of material from The Lone Deranger, some of which was remade, tuned up, or somehow altered. I heard Jiggle Of The Sphinx, Deranger, and Gamma Goblins--this last one many times, as the eminently recognizable melody served as the leitmotif for his set. Toward dawn he threw down a few golden oldies like Shamanix. New material included Long Long Arms and Big Tits. The rest--well, it is a bit of a blur... I haven't danced that hard in a long while! Anyhow, it was great. Quite a change from the usual live set from one of the all-time greats, all of whom focus so heavily on their latest and greatest that you have to wonder if they've forgotten that people like hearing tracks they recognize and even love. He is just a man... but what a musical mind this man has--and I was very glad to hear him lay down hours of his own productions out at Eclipse 2008.

Last nigh I watched the Twisted DVD. It's awesome!

Under the influence I also ordered a copy of Shpongle's debut, "Are you shpongled?", just days after I wrote how their music doesn't really speak to me. Beh, childish me...

Any Posford gig for me personally is an unparalleled experience in terms of what Psy Trance can deliever at the moment.

His extensive back catalog, always just the right amount of fresh material and smooth transition between tracks and of course the huge crowd that knows most of his stuff by heart here in Israel is always a guarantee for big success.

His gig here last year as Shpongle and Hallucinogen was bar none best Psy Trance live experience I've had.

• 5 months later...

Any Posford gig for me personally is an unparalleled experience in terms of what Psy Trance can deliever at the moment.

His extensive back catalog, always just the right amount of fresh material and smooth transition between tracks and of course the huge crowd that knows most of his stuff by heart here in Israel is always a guarantee for big success.

His gig here last year as Shpongle and Hallucinogen was bar none best Psy Trance live experience I've had.

yeah same here. nothing sounds any good till weeks after. After his Live set. and I have seen him Live few times now. One time at a 4 day festival, he was playing 2nd day, and I had to leave the festival after his set cause nothing sounded any good.

and this NYE he played a 4hour dj set of Shpongle.

• 1 month later...

We were thinking of flying down for a long weekend catching hallucinogen live at the coronet in london, the place where the shpongle 2008 afterparty took place.. But man, it's just so expensive. The whole thing would cost probably 4-500 pounds at the end of the day.. And I'm catching Shpongle live in October.

Sucks to be outside UK when my ears are hungry for Posford live.

Did anyone think of making a t-shirt saying "Posfordjugent"?

• 11 months later...