The Official Cosmosis Appreciation Topic!

Goa Bill

thanks Mark! your "ramblings" are highly appreciated bit of trivia. :)

"The annoying thing (for me) is that the Howling version previous to the actual release was imho an even better track with an even greater peak (the melodies and effects just lifting stratosperically out of the main track and swirling around even more) but he released his last version. I wish I still had the previous version - it was a gem."

Man you can't say stuff like this. :rolleyes: Imagining there is even a possibility to make howling at the moon a better track just drives me crazy. :D You should def ask if Billy still has the prev. version gathering dust on some hard drive. :)

Guest antic

Man you can't say stuff like this. :rolleyes: Imagining there is even a possibility to make howling at the moon a better track just drives me crazy. :D You should def ask if Billy still has the prev. version gathering dust on some hard drive. :)

Yeah! I only hope he's keeping it for that off-albums compilation he promised to release one day.

That'd be awesome :o

Whoa, I am just listening his 2002 album "Contact", which up to now I considered to be a weak release. What the flying fuck were you thinking rino? The album kicks major ass, which means Cosmosis released four straight killer albums, with each one sounding completely different, while still keeping some twisted and wicked Cosmosis signature and all! The only other act who pulled off something similar is Koxbox!

Let's see if mr. Bagginz still has the gravy, as his last album was instantly forgettable IMHO.

Now I am even more impatient when I realized how good his penultimate release is!!! Keep it up Bilbo. :posford:

Guest antic

Let's see if mr. Bagginz still has the gravy, as his last album was instantly forgettable IMHO.

Well, I see you've not learned a thing, man ;)

Please listen to Trancendance in a few months / years and you'll realise that it is a very good album too! It's not Synergy, but tracks 4, 5, 6 & 8 are simply stunning! It is one of very few full-on influenced releases where the formula simply works :)

Well, I see you've not learned a thing, man ;)

Please listen to Trancendance in a few months / years and you'll realise that it is a very good album too! It's not Synergy, but tracks 4, 5, 6 & 8 are simply stunning! It is one of very few full-on influenced releases where the formula simply works :)

I'll give it a try if the ultimate Cosmosis freak says it's worth it! :P

I've listened to it quite a few times, even heard the live act last summer (which was twice as good as the album), but it just didn't work for me. I don't even mind its full-onish influences, because as you so nicely pointed out, it really can work. And I did not say it doesn't work here, it's something else. The album lacks that something to make it as good as his previous releases. Maybe in a few months or years I will be able to tell you what it is. Maybe I won't. ;)

But I just remembered, and I think we had a similar discussion, you and I, a few months back about what I disliked about "Trancedance"- it was the samples, and you were trying to prove me wrong. I still stand by what I said.

Enough of the negativity! Hurry up you lazy bank employees- give me my monthly paycheck so I can snatch Cosmosis' new album. Tension is hiiiiiiiiigh up in the air!!!!!!! I cannot wait!

Guest antic

I'll give it a try if the ultimate Cosmosis freak says it's worth it! :P

I've listened to it quite a few times, even heard the live act last summer (which was twice as good as the album), but it just didn't work for me. I don't even mind its full-onish influences, because as you so nicely pointed out, it really can work. And I did not say it doesn't work here, it's something else. The album lacks that something to make it as good as his previous releases. Maybe in a few months or years I will be able to tell you what it is. Maybe I won't. ;)

But I just remembered, and I think we had a similar discussion, you and I, a few months back about what I disliked about "Trancedance"- it was the samples, and you were trying to prove me wrong. I still stand by what I said.

Enough of the negativity! Hurry up you lazy bank employees- give me my monthly paycheck so I can snatch Cosmosis' new album. Tension is hiiiiiiiiigh up in the air!!!!!!! I cannot wait!

Well, yes. It is not as coherent as his other albums. Somehow it doesn't have that flow or theme other albums seemed to have. "Trancedance" is more a collection of trance dance tunes - hence the name and that I think was Billy's intention. I like it still, because I don't expect every album to be a journey-like story. Unless you're 1200 Mics ;):D

And about the samples discussion - was it really you? According to your profile you joined at the beginning of the year and I think I had the discussion much further in the past? Might just my crappy memory, though! :)

BTW, leave those bank employees alone! I'm one of them :P

And about the samples discussion - was it really you? According to your profile you joined at the beginning of the year and I think I had the discussion much further in the past? Might just my crappy memory, though! :)

BTW, leave those bank employees alone! I'm one of them :P

It was me 100% sure- I remember 'cause I had a tough time writting anything even close to being negative about the man himslef, and I was just waiting until somebody really gets at me! :lol:

And those bank employees... Damn they're slow in Croatia... And from what I've heard, Croatia and Poland are not that different, so you go and set an example! :lol: While we're on the bank discussion, thanx a kazillion for the help with those account digits- you saved me, and everything went fine! Thank you, sir!!! :)

Guest antic

It was me 100% sure- I remember 'cause I had a tough time writting anything even close to being negative about the man himslef, and I was just waiting until somebody really gets at me! :lol:

Well, I get personally offended if someone talks bad about Cosmosis. Hope I wasn't rude in any way :)

And those bank employees... Damn they're slow in Croatia... And from what I've heard, Croatia and Poland are not that different, so you go and set an example! :lol:

I'm a director of financial risk department - we do not deal with customers, but we're widely hated within the bank because we do not let them sales-people to do whatever they like. :rolleyes:

While we're on the bank discussion, thanx a kazillion for the help with those account digits- you saved me, and everything went fine! Thank you, sir!!! :)

Glad I could help. What did you bought, if it's not a secret? :)

Etnica, Koxbox, Etnica, Etnica, Koxbox, Etnica! In that order... :rolleyes:

Plus Robert told me he actually has quite a few vinyls in stock too, but he's been very busy lately so he doesn't know when is he going to post them, announce their availability... I can't wait!

Guest antic

Etnica, Koxbox, Etnica, Etnica, Koxbox, Etnica! In that order... :rolleyes:

Could you PM me the detailed list (and specify whether it's a vinyl or CD), because it seems he has more now than he had when I dealt with him :angry:

Could you PM me the detailed list (and specify whether it's a vinyl or CD), because it seems he has more now than he had when I dealt with him :angry:

Yes sir, as soon as he gets in contact again. I reckon the CD list is the same as before, but some more 12" should resurface again. Anyways, expect to hear from me soon now!

On topic: now playing my all time favorite Cosmosis track, Gift Of The Gods, which is just that, in true sense of those words! It jogs along closely to Dawn Of An Era... :clapping:

cosmosis was the first live act i ever saw, back in '95 and i was blown away, everything bill has ever released has been quality, and although i haven't heard the new album yet, i have heard him play live twice this year already and have been blown away (again!) both times. and twice isn't enough... i'll be hearing him a third time next month at glade, and i can't wait, it'll be one of the festival highlights for me.

can't wait to get me mitts on his album either.

He is playing in athens in the 16th of june and gonna represent his new album, who's comming ?? :clapping:

Hey Nurbs,here's the topic for it : Psynews.org > Forums > Parties & Travel Talk > Eastern Europe

Good news is that we will be selling Cosmosis new album for only a tenner !! First comes-first served.

Sorry for the offtopic post,hopefully see some of you there :)

Great music, am sure new album will be in a class of its own again.

I havnt seen Cosmosis live, but saw him as Mumbo Jumbo and was wicked!

So yeah..... maaxim0m appreciationz ;)