kali to mars

draeke

Hello everyone :)

Hopefully this will please you... did this mix for some reasons...: it starts with light as for happiness for my close cousin getting married tomorrow , it has a dark moment in the middle as for one girl i loved back 10 years ago that also gets married tomorrow; but then it turns to light as shining new paths are waiting me in south america soon :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OXLEDSWX

http://download.yousendit.com/1D2359D3548EDA47

sorry rapidshare only wants 100mb and this is 112mb... hence cant put it there

PS: tracklist will follow.. try to guess the tracks, everything is released, not really rares, so test your knowledge :rolleyes:

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ok, I downloaded it, very nice mix once again. Thanks for the sharing!

But this introduction in the topic really makes me feel very bad though... I'm in the same case with you: my ex-girlfriend will get married this summer, but not with me... After 7 years of relationship, she left me because she found a bigger wallet. Anyway, when I learnt it the past year, I was a bit devastated. Fortunately, better things came for me since that, and I see a better future now without her. ;)

Let's forget this off-topic parenthesis, the mix is great, I smell some encens there, am I wrong? :lol: For the identification, I'll try to do one when I find some time. ;)

Great mix draeke! And it starts with the immortal Kali, so it's only naturally I got totally dragged into it before the sixth minute was up.

But it's actually the heavier, less melodic part I liked the most- those darker, meaner, twisted tracks from the 30th minute or so are sooooooo wicked! And need I find something a mistake, I'd say the passage @ 47:12 is a bit too "forced". That enormous pumping drum kick just comes in all of a sudden, and the mood set by the previous tracks is somewhat quickly lost. I'd say the transition from the more psychedelic sound to the epic and melodic was made too hastily. No big deal though!

The last three tracks are great, and the one (sounds familiar, cannot I.D. though :angry: ) taking off from 53:30 is just insanely driving, acidic and energetic. I actually played the set from the point where it starts just to hear it again!

As for the track list, I won't even bother (too much that is)... Why? Because some tunes here are damn fine, and I'd empty out my bank account to get hold of 'em!

thnks for the nice comments and for the critic too! :)

about transitions well you may be right about the mood change but i think is not that terrible, there is no trainwreck or anything..

it just changes the vibe more or less..

to cosmogenesis: wallet is the main reason for everything in this world. either u adapt or choose a hippy lifestile.. it is sad to hear your story but don't worry there will be new interesting adventures for you i am sure of it! meanwhile: save some cash for the next girl eheheh :P

life is hard , u passes one bad thing to face another , life sucks and u dont have to trust any hells creatures , has been betrayed so ill never trust a woman never more

life is hard , u passes one bad thing to face another , life sucks and u dont have to trust any hells creatures , has been betrayed so ill never trust a woman never more

eh your right .. women may sometime be succubus but not always ... give them another chance ;)

Wiat! Wasn't this a thread about draeke's DJ mix, and not dissing women? :blink:

Girls rule- the entire human race is made up of random pieces of shit, be they male or female! No purpose in making stereotypes. Where the fuck would we all be if it wasn't for chicks?

Life does indeed suck, nothing new here, but the music is great!

As for the mix, draeke, you just have to tell me what is that outburst of energy starting at 53:30 called!

i give some hints... all the tracks are from uk compilations , from 2 famous labels... this should help a lot whoever want to try to identify!

that particular track that your after rino is famous... xxxxxx- spiritual xxxxxxxxxxxxx... eheh tracklist will follow in 2 days

(i guess a week after first posting is enough)

;)

Where the fuck would we all be if it wasn't for chicks?

ill tell u where , we cud stay in garden of Eden

i dont hate women , i love them , just been pissed off by them many times hehe

quatermass - kali

subcouds - greenflow

amanite fx - alfalfa

ect - helpless

subcouds - space angel

xenomorph - malkuth temple

labyrinth - mental institution rock

raia - twilled

encens - spiritual transgression

motor mouse - indeli

miranda - planet mars

;)

Great mix,great flow...

and great track's!

this will do whonders on my long drives to the army during the week.

thanx a bunch draeke :)

thanks a lot for the nice words i am so happy someone will listen to it more than once :D and without fast forwarding it ehe! keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Quite nice. Few of the tracks are really good, especially Amanite FX, Raia and Motor Mouse, which I hadn't heard before so it really came as a pleasant surprise. :) The early Shiva Chandra sound was maginificent.

The mixing is technically alright, it's not easy to make goa tracks blend into each other. Thou some transitions frankly hurt my ear as the contrast between tracks is so drastic. I'm talking about amanite fx (melodious morning tune) -> ect (dark fx trickery) and the same would go for subcouds -> xenomorph.

I found xenomorph and especially labyrinth track not fitting the mood of the mix. Labyrinth track was actually pretty boring.

I enjoyed the transition of raia -> encens as the tracks share similar soundscapes and glue together nicely. Also the ambientish transition from encens -> motor mouse was good. It's nice to see a dj having skill to make different solutions when changing from track to track. The best transition was definitely motor mouse - miranda! the ending of motor mouse is very hypnotic as the melody repeats itself many times and miranda really fitted as the next track. You also played the tracks longer simultaneously and the change of track was almost insensible. :)

I would say the mixing was ok, track selection good, flow quite average.

So I would give this mix a grade of 6/10.

thanks for sharing.

Quite nice. Few of the tracks are really good, especially Amanite FX, Raia and Motor Mouse, which I hadn't heard before so it really came as a pleasant surprise. :) The early Shiva Chandra sound was maginificent.

The mixing is technically alright, it's not easy to make goa tracks blend into each other. Thou some transitions frankly hurt my ear as the contrast between tracks is so drastic. I'm talking about amanite fx (melodious morning tune) -> ect (dark fx trickery) and the same would go for subcouds -> xenomorph.

I found xenomorph and especially labyrinth track not fitting the mood of the mix. Labyrinth track was actually pretty boring.

I enjoyed the transition of raia -> encens as the tracks share similar soundscapes and glue together nicely. Also the ambientish transition from encens -> motor mouse was good. It's nice to see a dj having skill to make different solutions when changing from track to track. The best transition was definitely motor mouse - miranda! the ending of motor mouse is very hypnotic as the melody repeats itself many times and miranda really fitted as the next track. You also played the tracks longer simultaneously and the change of track was almost insensible. :)

I would say the mixing was ok, track selection good, flow quite average.

So I would give this mix a grade of 6/10.

thanks for sharing.

thanks for such a great review!! i tend to try different mixing techniques altough i am far from what i would like to achieve, if you've ever seen mauri or young mixing you would just go nut.. their skills are amazing, i tend to try to imitate, but still playing 2 tracks simultaneously from beginning to end and switchin ping pong from one to another is like impossible to me.. but i'm working on that. The mood transition was ment to be i decided to blend really different kind of styles in this mix for the reasons i explained when i posted the mix on first place. Now for a flow of "all the same music" u should check my blue moon dreams ;).

again i'm happy of the review!

cheers to finalnd!

No problemos, Fede. :) I think there's still some way to go before you reach the skill where noticing track change becomes impossible. Good music always makes up for it thou. :)

I'm sorry but I think I'll skip the Blue Moon mix as I don't really enjoy D5/Ra/etc sound at all. It wouldn't be fair to give a rating in the first place. But I'll do one for you as soon as I see you posting a mix with a tracklist that tickles my ears. ;o)

• 9 years later...

also this one i'd need back , if anyone has it, lost it