Help me with buying a synth

Well sorry for opening another thread but I just don't want to buy the wrong thing so here is the question:

Should I buy me a ROLAND JV-1080 for 300€ (all the reviews make it seem a bit too good and I would like to know what its bad sides are) or maybe a Yamaha cs1x for 292€ or maybe should I wait to find a good offer on a virus or something like that?

I need a synth that is good for experimental sounds, complex drones and some percussion(and other stuff too but these are the most important). These two synths seem like the best buys(from the local online flee market) for the amount of money I have(400€ or less).

So... can someone tell me what their good and bad sides are? Oh and btw I'd like to know if the JV-1080's knobs are automatable through midi.

Big thanks for the answers :rolleyes:

edit: btw I also found a yamaha cs2x for 396€

Well sorry for opening another thread but I just don't want to buy the wrong thing so here is the question:

Should I buy me a ROLAND JV-1080 for 300€ (all the reviews make it seem a bit too good and I would like to know what its bad sides are) or maybe a Yamaha cs1x for 292€ or maybe should I wait to find a good offer on a virus or something like that?

I need a synth that is good for experimental sounds, complex drones and some percussion(and other stuff too but these are the most important). These two synths seem like the best buys(from the local online flee market) for the amount of money I have(400€ or less).

So... can someone tell me what their good and bad sides are? Oh and btw I'd like to know if the JV-1080's knobs are automatable through midi.

Big thanks for the answers :rolleyes:

edit: btw I also found a yamaha cs2x for 396€

experimental sounds and complex drones >> microwave xt! (I'm selling one btw ;))

other: nord lead/modular, wavestation, jd-800/990 (instead of JV-1080), ensoniq ts-10/12 etc

or just a sampler with lots of modulation options?

what kind of synthesis r u interested in? fm, wavetable, additive...?

thanks for the answer but i already ordered me a Yamaha DX-7 II D and it was so cheap that I'll have enough money for another synth preety soon :)

so... how much is the microwave? :)

Oh and I'm interested in any type of synthesis really but i'll already have an FM synth and my computer can do the simple stuff :)

thanks for the answer but i already ordered me a Yamaha DX-7 II D and it was so cheap that I'll have enough money for another synth preety soon :)

so... how much is the microwave? :)

Oh and I'm interested in any type of synthesis really but i'll already have an FM synth and my computer can do the simple stuff :)

woooo a dx7 IID sweet :) I'm saving for an sy77.

the mwxt is €390. photos on demand ;)

whoa dude ill get 390€ preety soon so i think i would buy it (but im not entirely sure yet) and i kindof feel bad for taking the dx7 ii d for 300€ instead of a sy77 for 320 :P

and please send photos :)

edit: where do you live

whoa dude ill get 390€ preety soon so i think i would buy it (but im not entirely sure yet) and i kindof feel bad for taking the dx7 ii d for 300€ instead of a sy77 for 320 :P

and please send photos :)

edit: where do you live

don't feel bad, the dx7 is great too :)

bout the mwxt; it's almost sold snorry