Kukan Dub Lagan

Tatsu

I've downloaded the Moonshawod Beats comp (for pre-listening mind you) and when I was listening to it I stumpled over this awesome dub track: Kukan Dub Lagan - Stop The Wars. It's awesome psychedelic space dub, I haven't heard anything similar but it's the best thing playing on my mp3-player in ages. I just ordered the two available Kukan Dub Lagan albums (without hearing any samples, the description on discogs sounded awesome enough) and now I can't wait to hear how they sound.

Are you familiar with that music, how do you like it and what do you think about the albums? Maybe you even know something similiar?

I think I have one of the tracks, wasn't much impressed.

Then again most dub can sound very samey, so I'll only like it for home listening when it's different/amazingly done. Definitely can go to a dub party and feel right at home though. :)

As for similar, well I couldn't say really.. though you should pick up V/A Talisman which is very decent.

Thansk for your opiniona, maybe I should have listened to the samples first before ordering. But the Stop The Wars track is just so awesome the albums must be good.

Personally I thought the first album was way too superficial, easy-to-digest happy-go-lucky dub. Not my taste. I can imagine other people liking it though, but for me it somewhat lacked 'depth'. Dunno 'bout the 2nd 1, but the title alone made me stay far away from it... just mho

I think I have one of the tracks, wasn't much impressed.

Then again most dub can sound very samey, so I'll only like it for home listening when it's different/amazingly done. Definitely can go to a dub party and feel right at home though. :)

As for similar, well I couldn't say really.. though you should pick up V/A Talisman which is very decent.

Is this the comp you mean:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=3461

from Interchill records?

Gonna check it out anyway, thanks! :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

loved his track on the v/a - "Magical Journey" compilation :clapping: :posford: :clapping:

first album 'life is nice' really grew on me after a few listens and I have listened to it alot since then but 2nd 'step ina rasta step' havnt had the same effect yet, i think i'll give it some more chances tho

judging a book by its cover? :lol:

yes, and the fact that I didnt really like the first one and the fact that most people who liked the first one didnt like the second one... the cover is quite ok, but the title is very wrong imo.

OK life is nice is definetely one of my fav albums ever,.. every time I listen to it it brings back a good old feeling of chilling in the summer,.. probl this feeling grew on me ever since I first started to listen to it.. the fusion between reggea/dub influences and electronic music.. makes it some kind of special modern/futuristic stance on reggae it can give you the ultimate chill definitely if you get into it like I did..

A friend of me is throwing a party in a couple of weeks with Kukan Dub Lagan / Itaitaiko (is supposed to be the same person?), I'll check it out and report the goodness or badness of his live-show(s).

Today I got the first CD, the new one Step Ina Rasta Step. I was very curious about it after reading the comments and now after two listens I have to say this albums is absolutely fab! Very space, psychedelic and dubbie. I don't know the first one so I didn't have any expectations (well, besides the hope that the tracks will be similar to the track I allready know) and they are indeed. Good buy!

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of me is throwing a party in a couple of weeks with Kukan Dub Lagan / Itaitaiko (is supposed to be the same person?), I'll check it out and report the goodness or badness of his live-show(s).

I have to say the Kukan Dub Lagan set in the chillout this weekend was very nice. It was very original and inspirational downtempoish dub music. You could dance to it or or just listen to it. The Itaitaiko live I didn't see because I was sleeping at that time. ;