Shift-Alternator

wasnt too impressed by the "byte me", never listened to it more than once or twice tho

will this one be good ?

According to the link this album will be back to the original harder Shift style, so don't worry.

After all both the masterpiece Excession and Byte Me were more alternative than the usual SA sound and that's why Chris released them under the Crystal Matrix label. ;)

this newsletter made me so happy 8) the free mp3 on the site isn't bad. I too am glad it will be his style like first album. I love that raunchy sound he has ;O I liked Excession and the style wasn't too different than Red Line (being my fav. of the 3)

Still its a let down for me, shift doesn't sound like the shift in the 2004 Era when he released his best tracks imo (Dr. Silverman/Twilight/Machine Soul on v.a's)

I like the track: Decadence on this release though.. but it isn't innovative on any part when Excession was at the time! people should experiment more in this scene and not try to fit in the already overdone concept

Shift really shines when his expanding atmospheres, bounce technique and chainsaw cutting sounds combine into one track 8) Centrifuge is a perfect example. most of 'Red Line' is. Excessions went more bassy and thrasher like which is still a glorious album. I like how he still keeps his bouncey psychO sounds alive. Twisted System - Resistance is also perfect example. cutting sounds and expanding bounce rhythms -AHH! glorious// have that one playing now 8)

Shift's grittyness shines so bright °_°

I'm sure it will be great although I don't except something that come close to Excession. That album was one of the best in Psytrance history!

Still his last tracks in several compilations (Dead Meat,Cerebral Cortex rmx,Pump) are absolutely amazing so... Bring it on Chris! :D