What else is there?

filitico

What else is there?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What non-electronic music do you listen to these days?

• Only teh Psy Trance
    • Rap/Hip-Hop
    • Metal
    • Emo
    • Worldly Music
    • Country
    • Reggae
    • Indie
    • Pop
    • Other

What did you guys and gals listen before stumbling upon Psy Trance??

normal trance (from 11-16)

and before that

New beat/acid and eurotrance/pop like Capella (from 10-11 (hehe, my first cds))

and before that

the stuff my dad played :P

Yeah I was the same. Michael Jackson, Vanilla Ice (whateverrrrr you guys hummed the beat too!), then Korn and Green Day, then Wu-Tang and Marilyn Manson

and peppered throughout

"I like to move it move it...you like to...move it!"

"must be the reason while I'm king of my castle"

"Boom boom boom boom I want you in my room"

:rolleyes: lol 1-2 two year into psy trance and I pretended the years before it never existed, but now I just laugh about it. Elitism is for Nazis!

I didn't give a shit about music before... I spent my entire afternoons playing soccer. Oh wait, I had a copy of "Music For The Jilted Generation", my first CD ever. If you didn't have a copy back then, and you lived in my neighborhood, you were a pussy. You just were. :wank:

Currently (yes, for the past few weeks) I am listening to white zombie... so... somewhat metal, and various breakcore. not a lot of psy lately... also lots of just local indie rock. also lots of pink floyd ;). I just got my drivers license, so I will be listening to alot more!

I'm currently looking for folk-ish music, from the indie scene (which I found I love)

before psy?

Rap <_< (Around 12 or 13, also when I first heard Space Tribe)

Rap/Rock/Techno (11 & 10)

The Beavis and Butthead era of rock I fell in love with when I was 7 (Korn, WZ, AC/DC, etc...) White Zombie was the only one for me that held my interest to this day (I'm 18).

I like Pink Floyd a lot, and trying to get into some good ol' Americana like Bob Dylan, Neil Young and stuff around.

neil young is canadian :)

canadiana?

90-92 : KLF, Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, Happy Mondays, David Bowie, EMF, Snap, MTV Alternative/Dance Music

92-95 : Punk, Alternative, Gabba, Hard Core, Electro : Offspring, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine, Body Count, Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, Exploited, Radiohead, U2, Violent Femmes, Morphine, Prodigy, Underworld, Stereo Mc's, Orbital, Beck...

95-03 : Old School Trance, Acid Trance, Psychedelic Trance, Goa Trance, Progressive Trance, Tech Trance, Techno, Breakbeat, Drum'N'Bass, Trip Hop, Ambient, Downtempo, World

03-07 : Industrial, EBM, IDM, Electronic, Noise, Minimal, Ambient, Downtempo, Classical, Avangarde Contemporary...

I kept listening nowadays to old school and some new trance but I mostly focused on various genres of other electronic music, wide range of different styles in past 4 years.

I don't avidly listen to any other music than electronic. I can stand very little rap, and I loathe punk and all that mainstream stuff like fall out boys etc. Basically all the stuff that's overplayed on the radio and tv is what I don't like lol. I will admit, there are a FEW songs I don't mind listening to that come on the radio, but not many.

When I was a teen, I listened to rap and I was big into bass in the car etc. I always liked electronic music though. Any kind except for very repetative house or something of that sort. I like electronic music that you just have to bob your head to. I started merging 99% of my listening to electronic music when I got XM radio. I never changed the station from 82 "The System", which is a completely trance channel. Then I found out about BPM on channel 81, which was a dance channel. My XM radio never moves from those 2 channels. I got hard core into psy trance by accident really. There was this song that I really liked on the trance channel and I didn't know where to find it. I e-mailed the main DJ of the channel and he told me it was "Space Manouvers Part 3" by a person called "Quivver". He said I can download the mp3 at "trackitdown.net". When I went to the site, I saw the access to all the genres, and went through the top 10 of all the genres. On "psy-trance" I found "Bloomonday" remixed by "Domestic". I was like "oh shit that's badass." I bought the CD and it was history from then on. :D

Yeah lately within electronic it has been mostly progressive/minimal (alex Smoke, Gui Boratto, James Holden) and Psy Progressive (vibrasphere, Soul Surfer)

I also enjoy suomi and forest psy but don't play it as much...

and then there is fullon (very little and not often) dark psy (1/10 tracks is decent, but that 1 is amazing)

there is always house, hard techno and stuff like that but not often

i have developed a nice collection of psychedelic 70ties rock :ph34r:

and i slowly wish i could obtain someone's harddisc filled with reggae and dancehall. I miss my old music. I used to have shitloads of that stuff...

Johnny Cash

Dead Can Dance

Phillip Glass

Brenda Fassie

All kind of Gypsymusic

All kind of Reggae music, Eek-a-mouse, Alpha Blondy, Damian Marley, Tanya Stephen and good ol' Bobbie

Jefferson Airplane

Norah Jones

Salsa music such as Africando

Madredeus

Bert Kaempfert

Bob Dylan

Messer Chups

Hans Zimmer

Lisa Gerrard

Those artists dominated last year and still do

Well for non-electronic I'd probably go reggae and dub (which could classify as electronic music though) and world music, but I really like jazz too, but just rarely get around to listen to it... a shame really :unsure:

80íes synth music, pink floyd and kids music I guess... luckily my dad had good taste :P

earliy 90ies started to listen to Queen, Micheal Jackson and then dance/europ music

then my older brother (out of pure of sympathy for my poor taste :P ) gave me a lot tapes with industrial/Detroit...

After that heavy metal for some years (early KoRn, Deftones, Metalica, Sepultura, Pantera, Primus, White Zombies and the likes)

and then a friend from school introduced me to goa/psy... and I bought Pulse 4....

New beat/acid and eurotrance/pop like Capella (from 10-11 (hehe, my first cds))

Uhh I remember that one... haha my brother was going to kill me when I told him I wanted to buy that CD... haha but I didn't care I liked it! Never bought it though went for a culture box single instead :lol: those were the days!