Speed Psy over 160 bpm.

Ormion

Speed Psy over 160 bpm.  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• It's awesome!
    • I like dark Psy but it's too fast to get it serious.
    • As long the music is good then I don't care.
    • Awful!!!
    • I haven't heard any of these tracks but I'm curious.
    • I haven't heard any of these tracks and I DON'T WANT TO!

Choose Djalupi

That one was something I made a while ago, on 164 BPM... It sounds pretty damn rythmical to me.

@Basilisk: dross:tik

Those guys do breakcore and such. You might recoginse a couple of artists too ;) .

But yeah, I don't quite like a lot of the unimaginative fast stuff unless it's some really cheesy techno or something like that (ie: on Dance Dance Revolution)... But only because it's so silly ^_^

Basilisk, if Duran Duran Duran is your sense of humor, maybe some tracks on this are your sense of humour too... I know they're mine! ;)

Especially the extremely fucked up Shitmix2000 and Can't Touch This remix. From beautiful stuff till crazying madness.

That looks like a really good compil indeet, i know that skelechairs remix of Doormouse kicks ass!!

@ Basilisk, if you like funny breakcore you have to check out Shitmat, seriously.

Also listen to this very nice FREE compilation on Cock Rock Disco (the label of Jason Forrest). It gives a nice view on the different aspects of breakcore, hardcore and IDM with some af the leading artists in the genre.

http://www.cockrockdisco.com/free.html

Posted Image

• 3 years later...

Old topic, but Furious has produced since then and may I point out...Powered Psidm at 190BPM is awesome

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K2YOVZqGkU

Not to forget, his sideproject crazy astronaut is super fast but really really really well-produced and not that dark at all. I love Renegade a lot, and although I don't listen much to dark or other fast psytrance, this absolutely shows it's possible to pull off, even with melodies and all that! F*ckin' Epic.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kpVYqSnmk

Not to forget, his sideproject crazy astronaut is super fast but really really really well-produced and not that dark at all. I love Renegade a lot, and although I don't listen much to dark or other fast psytrance, this absolutely shows it's possible to pull off, even with melodies and all that! F*ckin' Epic.

+ 1 :)

I don't care about the speed at all if the music is good. Crazy Astronaut is the perfect example!

Goa trance tracks like Ganesha Pramana (Khetzal), Rifa (OOOD) and Portamento (Boris Blenn)are also around 160 bpm and very very good IMO!

I think the same goes for the ppl listening to it? I mean, if you only know Astrix or Infected, then this stuff will sound really different & underground. I think it's just a reaction against the overly poppy stuff we saw about a year or 2 ago with all those really cheeesy rmx's (2Unlimited, Soft Cell, ...)

But if you were around when the Gabber-thing emerged or are familiar with stuff by Venetian Snares or Hellfish, then it's easy to see that this Speed-dark-trance is very, very mediocre (at best)

It's probably something like 90's black-metal, agression & aversion that goes down really good with kids in their puberty, just because of it's shock value. There's bound to be some good stuff in there (somewhere) but the majority needs a lot of work before I'll even call it "music".

ANYHOW, gives me even more reason to go to sleep at night at the festivals :P

UNDERGROUND

Just Listen to My link

Tracklist:

01. M.I.K.E. - Elements Of Life

02. Second Sun - Empire

03. Exposure - Magic Impulse

04. M.I.K.E. vs. John '00' Fleming - Ice Cream (Sonix Mashup)

This is what got me in the goa scene in the first place! Can you believe it

+600

I really like Crazy Astronaut, fast full-on needs to be explored a tad more!

if its done well then i dont care.

the problem with tracks that fast is that 99% of the time theyre just a glitchy mess. i love darkpsy...but i cant stand darkpsy with that glitch sound to it.

i dont understand why they cant just speed up the pattern based sounds to match and cut out the random sounding glitch crap.

i dont understand why they cant just speed up the pattern based sounds to match and cut out the random sounding glitch crap.

I think thats how they end up with the glitchy sounds. Speed it up enough and it devolves towards glitchiness.

I think thats how they end up with the glitchy sounds. Speed it up enough and it devolves towards glitchiness.

i see why you would say that, but thats not it. those glitchy sounds arent usually in a pattern. besides....i can fire up my daw right now and make discernible patterns at 170 bpm and higher that dont even remotely sound glitchy. i dont think thats the problem...i think they just like it that way. its just a matter of taste, and thats just not what i like to hear. obviously theres people out there who like it, as theres so much of it being produced.

i think the people who make and listen to that stuff think that glitchyness is "psychedelic"...i dont. to me it totally destroys any psychedelic feel the track may otherwise have had. again its a matter of personal taste and for me...a track looses any psychedelic or trance like feel as soon as those random squelchy sounds start chirping about all over the place.

i see why you would say that, but thats not it. those glitchy sounds arent usually in a pattern. besides....i can fire up my daw right now and make discernible patterns at 170 bpm and higher that dont even remotely sound glitchy. i dont think thats the problem...i think they just like it that way. its just a matter of taste, and thats just not what i like to hear. obviously theres people out there who like it, as theres so much of it being produced.

i think the people who make and listen to that stuff think that glitchyness is "psychedelic"...i dont. to me it totally destroys any psychedelic feel the track may otherwise have had. again its a matter of personal taste and for me...a track looses any psychedelic or trance like feel as soon as those random squelchy sounds start chirping about all over the place.

Yeah I agree with you in that I'd like to see more darkpsy with less noise and glitch. It goes all over the place, and each track sounds the same, in the sense you know what kind of sounds (glitch) you're going to hear. The synths and patterns used begin to sound familiar after you've heard a few of these darkpsy tracks.

It has to be done properly, not too much glitch, and the glitch complementing the patterns, like in the Powered Psidm track.

Yeah I agree with you in that I'd like to see more darkpsy with less noise and glitch. It goes all over the place, and each track sounds the same, in the sense you know what kind of sounds (glitch) you're going to hear. The synths and patterns used begin to sound familiar after you've heard a few of these darkpsy tracks.

It has to be done properly, not too much glitch, and the glitch complementing the patterns, like in the Powered Psidm track.

that track is pretty good. still though...i find that the high speed darkpsy tends to lack creativity. it seems like the artists feel as though the high speed is enough to make it interesting. im partial to tracks that have power more than speed.

that track is pretty good. still though...i find that the high speed darkpsy tends to lack creativity. it seems like the artists feel as though the high speed is enough to make it interesting. im partial to tracks that have power more than speed.

Yup its whichever track has the best combination of psychedelia and power, irrespective of speed or anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

I at first didn't like it but - but when Insector released the album Rebirth

I decided to make a mix with those tracks... including other artists as well.

I actually really enjoy it now if it's well done...

That mix is up on my podcast page it's my latest one it's about 165 BPM:

I call it fight or flight because the speed of the music somewhat evokes a fight or flight response lol:

http://www.cyclotronmajesty.net/Cyclotron_Majestys_site/Podcast/Podcast.html