reason bass

i need some help and tutorials creating killer full on bass sounds with reason. have been trying to come up with some nice sounds using the subtractor but havn't realy made another thing that im overly inpressed with :-(

could some one help me. maybe with a tutorial or a patch that i could check out to get some idears??

thanks

i need some help and tutorials creating killer full on bass sounds with reason. have been trying to come up with some nice sounds using the subtractor but havn't realy made another thing that im overly inpressed with :-(

could some one help me. maybe with a tutorial or a patch that i could check out to get some idears??

thanks

One very simple thing you can do to add some punch to your bass it to layer it. For instance, create a saw-based sound that plays a melody in one octave, then layer it with a sine-based sound that plays the exact same melody (you can copy the melody from the first track into a new one), but at an octave lower.

One very simple thing you can do to add some punch to your bass it to layer it. For instance, create a saw-based sound that plays a melody in one octave, then layer it with a sine-based sound that plays the exact same melody (you can copy the melody from the first track into a new one), but at an octave lower.

I don't think Reason has a lack of low end to the basslines you can get out of it, it just produces lackluster sounds.

Frosty, I'm afraid you probably won't get any sounds that will overly impress you out of Reason. I don't really know what kind of sound you want, but since you want a full on bass sound, I'd say pay attention to the attack. Not the Attack parameter of the envelopes, but the attack of the sound. On both the volume envelope and the filter modulation envelope.

I don't think Reason has a lack of low end to the basslines you can get out of it, it just produces lackluster sounds.

Frosty, I'm afraid you probably won't get any sounds that will overly impress you out of Reason. I don't really know what kind of sound you want, but since you want a full on bass sound, I'd say pay attention to the attack. Not the Attack parameter of the envelopes, but the attack of the sound. On both the volume envelope and the filter modulation envelope.

you can create great sounds with reason it just takes more time, work and knowlege

• 2 weeks later...

Worst bullshit i have ever heard.

i don't think Reason has "bad" bass

i think alot of people are spoiled by VSTs that literally overwhelm you with artificial fatness

the Subtractor is an amazing instrument and is capable of wide-ranging synthesis

i think people need to spend the time getting to know their virtual instruments, rather than rapidly going through their VST folder dialing up all the bass pre-sets

thanks

Hey frosty, here's a sample of a bassline in my latest song with reason:

An example

I personally think it sounds pretty good, and you _can_ get good sound out of reason. So if you like it I can make a little tutorial for you (:

An example

I personally think it sounds pretty good, and you _can_ get good sound out of reason. So if you like it I can make a little tutorial for you (:

that would be great mate. the song sounds sweet!

You can make a good sound with reason, just because Reason has its own integrated instruments and effects doesn't limit it to the sounds you can make with it. Especially the mixer page where you can connect inputs & outputs with wires just like you would with hardware, so you can make pretty wild sounds with it if you experiment alot.

An example

dude that bass sounds fucking amazing, no-one can argue that reason has weak bass after hearing that

You can make good sound, bass in this case, even with free instrument.

I used SubTractor or Malstrom in many Sound Field tracks.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, man

If you are not satisfied, try some another possibility, .. vst plugin, try and find,.. it's what I would like to say to you, it's not against Reason, I don't use this soft, so I can't something more to say..

Love

Hi there, man

If you are not satisfied, try some another possibility, .. vst plugin, try and find,.. it's what I would like to say to you, it's not against Reason, I don't use this soft, so I can't something more to say..

Love

Reason is a closed production software which means it doesn't support 3rd party plugins like vst, dxi, rtas and the likes, so he can't use them ;)

Reason is a closed production software which means it doesn't support 3rd party plugins like vst, dxi, rtas and the likes, so he can't use them ;)

thats true so thats why i now use cubase studio and rewire reason throught it. the best of both worlds :-) i still love using reason but this has opened up a whole new world of possiblitys

thats true so thats why i now use cubase studio and rewire reason throught it. the best of both worlds :-) i still love using reason but this has opened up a whole new world of possiblitys

Yep that's the way to go. I especially like the samples that Reason has allready built in, altho I've never liked it's sequencers so I rather do this in my host sequencer and then just set up a midi channel for the reason samplers and synths :)

Me too. I'm still highly weighted towards Reason, but hope to explore Cubase's full potential in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...