#1. Afgin- communicate 09:00

#2. Afgin- cosmic meditate 09:27

#3. Afgin- old is gold 08:19

#4. Chi A.D.- black light 08:01

#5. Chi A.D.- blue effect 11:13

#6. Filteria- operation pulse (live rmx) 11:20

#7. Filteria- ultimator (ultimated rmx) 10:12

#8. Omegahertz- atea 06:48

Hey, it seems like the whole old school got smacked across its lazy, stone cold face with a fully operational revival mechanism! After a slew of free Metapsychic Records releases, and this year's amazing Twist Dreams compilation, it's time for the crew at Kagdila Records to do their share. And I naturally have my high expectations, especially since the aforesaid label really hit the spot with last year's immaculate Peace Therapy vol. 2 release, and it's been around 3 years since the first installement of Pure Planet hit the shelves. First I'll take a second to comment the beautiful cover artwork, and its use of color, and the amazing blend of the sun's rays with the green leaves, which works just fine, and hints for who is this music fabricated for: all the crazy morning people! However, my grudge is with the inside; once the digipack is open, the track and artist information written on the back of the front cover is printed in the smallest, most illegible gray font I have ever come across. I swear, out of a whole page I could only decipher the last two lines, where it says: "Big respect all / Shu-Ki @ Kagdila Records"! The rest borders unreadableness, unless you listen to your music equipped with a Sherlock Holmes first aid kit! Cover aside, let's see what they prepared for us...

#1. Afgin- communicate Ah, Afgin, the man who raised more than a dozen eyebrows with his tracks previously released on Metapsychic's and Suntrip's releases, and his free promo MP3 album was a true blast from the past. Yeah, old is still gold as you can sense as soon as the track kicks off, and the news about his forthcoming album on Kagdila only makes me put that label in the bin with those other "to watch out for" record companies. The track has a nice, slow and buliding intro, with glimpses of a first melody coming in @ 02:30, with some nice building acidic synths and all, but it's soon interrupted by a sample, and then again from 04:25 we're all into some morning bliss! And after about five minutes the track really pulls itself together with a superbly tasty morning melody, and it only gets better... A wonderful way to open a compilation- as Afgin really pulls off a superb freshman track here- it's strenghth lays primarily in its construction; it starts slowly, lures you into it, explodes, climaxes and then slowly sneaks out.

#2. Afgin- cosmic meditate This one starts with a "classic" background melody and some divinity praising sample, but soon a strong drum kick rolls in, and we're all in for some dance friendly frenzy. Melodies, light, but lush and fast, are just scampering all over and as soon as you get into them, a new one somehow finds its way in! I have never heard this track before, and boy this one has the old is gold trademark stamped all over it. And the melodies keep on building onto each other, creating some real fireworks of euphoric, that's-the-way-I-like it goa trance, and just check the break with the re-introduction of the initial sample, that highly emotional background melody, and then from 06:38 you're back on the dance floor, tryin' to fish for the stars! B) Way to go Afgin!!!

#3. Afgin- old is gold This is the one Afgin fans should already be acquainted with, as it appeared on his last year's promo release, but it has very justifiably menaged to find its place on this compilation. And I'd say it fairly earned it. Starts kind of breakbeatish, only until a nice vibe is created though. Then Afgin exposes us to some more of his old school wizardry- uplifting synths, snippets of light-hearted melodies, which make their presence known by dangling in the background or rather paving a tunnel to enlightenment in the forefront, just like those amazing melodies after the acidic build-ups at around 05:20 & the whole ending part starting @ 07:00! Great track!

#4. Chi A.D.- black light Dave Young... What else to say? Maybe I should add that this is a track from his never officially released Earth Crossing album? I think you get it by now: the track then must rock. Why? I guess that is pretty self explanatory: especially after the long, building intro transforms into an epic tune of colossal proportions- just what you'd come to expect from Chi A.D.! The track is just swaddled with atmospheric, haunting I'd dare say, melodies, and a straight-up, relentless and forward pushing drive, culminating at 05:25, after a smaller break and a great build up! Those last two and a half minutes should make any old school freak cry, head between your palms, your eyes directed and focused on your Chi A.D. releases, wondering how did such a gem ever get so heavily neglected and rudely swept under the corporate carpet...

#5. Chi A.D.- blue effect Hailing from the same source as the previous track, this atmospheric monster, as I like to put it, is really something for the early morning hours, or even better- an introduction to some heavier night time stuff, or maybe for those afternoons of self at home... I kind of feel that the guitar riffs are really out of place here, especially because they tend to alter the otherwise rather smooth flow of the track... The kick is far from being original, but it creates a constant variable in the track, so to speak, just perfect for hopping under those eye-poking green forest trees, leaping out of the cover! There are two really uplifting climaxes here: one shortly after six minutes, and then a similar break is then brought back for another melodic explosion @ 08:50! A great tune, IMHO Chi A.D. fully delivers, and I would accept with both hands any track off Earth Crossing any given time of the day!

#6. Filteria- operation pulse (live rmx) Holy shit with a bottle of bladder incinerating Jack Daniels and 22 moist spliffs, if there was such a thing, this right here is the BOMB!!! Goosebumps I get all over right from the first second!!! I had this one on this recorded live act from Filteria @ the Goaway Party, and it rocked my world for sure. What can I add- crack your windows open, brandish your doors far and wide, NO- take your doors off the hinges and let this little jewel shine brighter than your neighborhood pimp's Caddy! Y'all know the original, right? Well, this is around two steps up the ladder. The intro is simply marvellous, and oh yeah, that female voice going: "The future of all mankind..." literary transforms my heart into a Duracell battery!!! Blissful moments you'll be going through right there in your bedroom. Hell, the shivers I get down my spine just cannot be real- i need to pull out my spinal cord and whip my whole skull with it until my gray matter doesn't dissolve upon initial contact with the bone marrow! Whatever. And what is that from 07:03? Oh, so it gets even more intense? Is it possible?

Yeah, very much so. This has got to be, without a single trace of a doubt, one of the greatest live remixes I have ever heard. Great stuff, it only makes me wonder what this guy's two hour live act must sound like. This is a terrorist attack on anybody willing to succumb to massive leads, smashing acidic synths, and a whole (over)dose of in-your-face pumping energy!!!

#7. Filteria- ultimator (ultimated rmx) Huh, Ultimator was my favorite track (or so I remember) from "Sky input", but that is not of relevance here! What is relevant is the simple fact that this remix rocks. No time for the long opening the original had, this one gets right to the core pretty fast- and what's there for us? A massive climax, a collage of shrieky, joyous and wildly arranged melodies. Dare I say it, is this a tad over the top? I mean, you have got to hear this, it's so layered at times, that I truly do not know what melody, sound or effect should I focus on! This is yet another sonic dynamite that should turn any party into a stargate for the fifth dimension! Despite the occasional lighter parts, there is little time to rest here. This is one of Jannis' most intense, uptempo and chaotic tracks to date. In the same vein as the whole debut album- it just tries to stay on top for the whole ten minutes. Don't misinterpret me here- this is a remix of gargantuan proportions, but that may be where its problem resides, for as just as the great giant I used to compare this track to, it may be too "big", or at least striving to be just that... Structure wise, I could say this one barely has it- there are tons upon tons of layers and melodies cropping onto each other, avalanches of acidic synths are riddling your ear-drums, torrents of sounds and FX are thrown anywhere and everywhere they could be squeezed in- a full on warfare of a track. Those who still cannot get enough of Filteria's first album should in no way be without this baby!

#8. Omegahertz- atea OK, back to planet earth, with the Omegahertz, who have up to now brought me nothing but rainy days and black clouds over my forehead. Their "contribution" to last year's V.A. Purple Energy 2 release made me throw my chicken wings 30 feet up in the air. But this may come as a positive surprise. Well, inferior to each and every of the previous seven track, but it seems that the greek producers learned a trick or two up in the studio since the last round. This is, for starters, a very uplifting and simply put, a happy track. The melodies are cheesy, yeah, but I can see this one actually pleasing some listeners. Far better than any of their work from last year's compilation. The melodies, despite their overly joyous nature, are somehow nicely executed, and suit the track's vibe. Not for everyone's taste, but it's not horrible either. On the bright side of things, its positivity just might be its ticket to some dance freaks ears. The guys over at Kagdila Records could have probably put forth an effort to find a better closing track, but on a compilation of this caliber, who's looking? A decent way to end an otherwise very good compilation!

To conclude, you sure get your money's worth here- and especially if you're an old school lover! The Chi A.D. tracks are a must for any older goa trance freak, and you just need to own the Afgin tracks, as I can sense this guy will become highly sought after later on! He can deliver those goa vibes like few others, and he really knows how to hit the right notes, as his composition talent is amazing. Afgin has truly paved his way via the internet, and it's time for a proper release. And the two Filteria remixes are essential to all the Suntrip Records fans, and I include myself there, as well as to all dance freaks and party people who slam their heads for long hours during the night time, as though judgment day was coming! Kagdila Records really surprised me with this safe purchase- there is at least sixty minutes of excellent music here to please all the goa heads. Trust me on this one! Old schoolers, get your copy now, while this one is still in stock! ;) And newcomers, hop on this ride, get a lesson from the past, enjoy what this has to offer for the present, and catch a glimpse of the future! Highly recommended!

Favorite tracks: 2, 4, 6.

rino a realy great review ,i did enjoy to read it and you right for every word you say.

regarding the small writen in the cd , something with press ,i do disapointed very much but the music make this compilation to be good .....

i should thank all great artist for this nice compilation.im glad to have afgin album soon.

also about omegaheartz yes its amzing track....

all this compilation look greats and thank you all for your support.

big respect

kagdila crew

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Afgin, Chi A.D., Filteria, Omegahertz and kagdila crew for this very nice compilation. :posford:

My favorites tracks are 2, 6 and 8.

I give it 8.5/10. :)

For the past two days I have been listening to this album on headphones and on my home stereo system. This album is really growing on me. The Afgin, Chi-A.D. and Omegahertz tracks work very well on headphones, while Filteria is better suited to a big speaker sound.

I enjoy Afgin's interpretation of Goa trance - there's a nice squelchy raw old-skool sound laid over the smoother elements of the tracks - a great blend of both old-skool and nu-skool sounds. He has a great ability to build tracks into layer upon layer of crazy melodies while maintaining great structure and progression. The tracks never get lost in themselves.

Chi-A.D.'s tracks demand attention. I listen to a lot of Goa trance as background music, but these two tracks grab my attention. I like the heavier, darker sound intermingled with some moments of melodic Goa bliss.

I love layers of melodic craziness, but I have often struggled to establish a groove in the craziness of Filteria's productions. I have a feeling this is because I'm a home listener and these tracks need wide open spaces for dancefloor mayhem. The remix of Operation Pulse on this album is the first time I've listened to a Filteria track and been filled with a sense of wonder at just how hugely insane and wonderful this could be on a dancefloor.

This is a nice exploration of Goa trance that would be great for anyone's collection.

• 1 month later...

This compilation grabbed all my attention since i got it. Very good trax all the way.

My favourites are:

2. Afgin- cosmic meditate (very beautiful, very spiritual, very positive)

3. Afgin- old is gold (a classic tune with an oldschool feeling, love it)

4. Chi A.D.- black light (wow, amazing sounds and the beat is extremely soft, but at the same time driving)

7. Filteria- ultimator (ultimated rmx) (ultimate experience on the dancefloor, everytime i play this on any party crowd goes insane)

and thank you Rino for a detailed review ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

d8N8gp1.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Pure Planet Vol. 2

Label: Kagdila Records

Date: May, 2007

1. Afgin- communicate 09:00
2. Afgin- cosmic meditate 09:27
3. Afgin- old is gold 08:19
4. Chi A.D.- black light 08:01
5. Chi A.D.- blue effect 11:13
6. Filteria- operation pulse (live rmx) 11:20
7. Filteria- ultimator (ultimated rmx) 10:12
8. Omegahertz- atea 06:48

FALTNdb.gif

Everything here is awesome. From the layered melodies of Afgin through the wizardry of Chi-AD right up to the controlled chaos of Filteria. Omegahertz is an acquired taste that I haven't yet...acquired, but even though his track doesn't compare to the previous ones it's not terrible. Rarely do you see a CD that is quality from A to Z, but this one nails it. Don't hesitate to purchase this.

Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk