What psymusic like your parents?

Anoebis

Logic bomb - The third revelation

This is the only track that anyone from my family seems to enjoy, my elder brother and sister never ask me to lower the volume on this one, infact I see their head go to and fro to the bpm for this track... I simply love it :wub:

My mama - she's 65 now - likes Etnoscope ... but anything on the progressing side will do - not too many melodies, she doesn't like that "whining" as she calls that synthie stuff...

I once played Noma - Tube to her and she loved it :)

But she'd just as well like Mauro Picotto ... my mama just likes anything with a lot of bass in it :D

My dad doesn't like much electronic music. Except old stuff like Jean Michel Jarre he despises that kind of modern sound...

My mom loved the old Space Tribe stuff (it was her cleaning music, she cleaned the house to it ;) ), and she walks to a lot of Shpongle, and dare I say, Infected Mushroom (the "other side" of Convertiang Vegetarians) . My Uncle is the electronically inclined music producer... He loves the stuff I've shown him ;) (mostly Shpongle).

I can't believe how many people have parents that actuall like Psy! :o

Seriously. My father is classical fan and my mother has an ecclectic taste between Sade and latin music and... everything that sounds unlike what i listen too...

Sometimes, my mother says she likes the melodies, but she she doesn't seems to really care about it.

But she really likes Ra-Universal Key.

Sometimes, my mother says she likes the melodies, but she she doesn't seems to really care about it.

But she really likes Ra-Universal Key.

wow people your parents and realitives are really ahead.. in comparison mine are retarded i guess.. they don't like 2 minute of anything.. :(

not that i live with them thoug, and when i was i was listening to metal all the time.. is almost 10 years i'm out of home and started listening psy after i moved.. so they weren't so exposed.. but if i play something at the weekend they maybe like some chill but seriously nothing boom boom :)

wow people your parents and realitives are really ahead.. in comparison mine are retarded i guess.. they don't like 2 minute of anything.. :(

not that i live with them thoug, and when i was i was listening to metal all the time.. is almost 10 years i'm out of home and started listening psy after i moved.. so they weren't so exposed.. but if i play something at the weekend they maybe like some chill but seriously nothing boom boom :)

My mum doesn't like anything without lyrics.

Anything boom boom is just noise & chill is too boring.

She just can't listen to music :(

Well, I don't play my music very loud, so that's perhaps why she can stand it... :D

Döda Hundens Kyrka..

:lol: Wuzzat? Like Cult of the Dead Cow?

My mum likes some tracks, for example Ticon - We Are The Mammoth Hunters.

Good taste :) I listened to that one half an hour ago!

I can't believe how many people have parents that actuall like Psy! :o

Yup, found it surprising too. My mum likes classical music and can't really appreciate anything electronic. For a few years she's been into meditation, even "meditative dancing" and stuff like that, so I thought some Shpongle, Carbon Based Lifeforms or so would do it for her but she just doesn't connect. Gets this polite but distanced look like a tourist being explained the different methods of preparing locusts by some African tribesman...

Yup, found it surprising too. My mum likes classical music and can't really appreciate anything electronic. For a few years she's been into meditation, even "meditative dancing" and stuff like that, so I thought some Shpongle, Carbon Based Lifeforms or so would do it for her but she just doesn't connect. Gets this polite but distanced look like a tourist being explained the different methods of preparing locusts by some African tribesman...

:lol:

Perfect similie! I got the image in my head straight away!

I would always play my trance/dance music in my room so she had no choice but to listen to it. She started to like it after a while, asking me who does certain songs etc. That's how she got XM radio. So she could listen to electronica. I have made her copies of all the trance/dance stuff I have so far. I'm about to send her some psy trance and see if she likes it. She was a flower girl also, so I think she will!

My dad doesn't like it at all. He never really hears me play it though. I don't live with my parents anymore.

Funny story real quick...one of my jobs is I work at a retail store in america called "Sears" selling electronics. When it's slow, I'll hook up my mp3 player to one of the stereo systems and play my music. (btw the town i live in they nicknamed it "Heavens Waiting Room". A real statistic shows that the majority of the population in our town is over 50. Anyway, so this old guy walks up to look at DVD/VCR players and you see this odd look on his face and he says "What is that noise"!? Then I smiled and said, "Oh, that's music playing from one of our stereos." He said "That ain't music." I wanted to punch him in the face. jk. Anyway, I can't stand people that don't respect the time and effort that goes into making electronic music.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack!!

My mom often comes dancing in my room when I play loud... she just find it fun.

My father on the other hand just shouts and tells me to keep the volume down.

Only interesting incident.... last summer I fell asleep listening to Vibrasphere and one of my aunts came by and she said she sat and listened to the music while I was sleeping!

Only interesting incident.... last summer I fell asleep listening to Vibrasphere and one of my aunts came by and she said she sat and listened to the music while I was sleeping!

:D Nice. Reminds me, one sister of my mom's is still a bit of a hippie. A settled hippie at 60 but still...she asked me to bring "some of that Goa music" to her 60th birthday party. And she liked it, though it wasn't very popular with the other guests and later she said she'd thought "it would be more psychedelic" :D