Pure Planet 2 ... (New Goatrance compilation)

Jon Cocco

Pure Planet Vol. 2, the follow up to 2004's Goa-Trance "Pure Planet" comp just released.

1. Afgin - Communicate

2. Afgin - Cosmic Meditate

3. Afgin - Old Is Gold

4. Chi A.D - Black Light

5. Chi A.D - Blue Effect

6. Filteria - Ultimator (Ultimated Remix)

7. Filteria - Operation Pulse (Live Remix)

8. Omegahertz - Atea

I own the first one. It's good.

The Chi-A.D. tracks here are from the unreleased Earth Crossing album. Black Light is an awesome Goa song and Blue Effect is not as strong but it's still pretty good. I would have loved to see at least one new Goa track by Chi-A.D. I'm glad he atleast got two of his tracks released from Earth Crossing. The Filteria remix's sound good. Operation Pulse (Live rmx) sounds insane. Omegahertz who does the last track here ruined my impression from buying the Purple Energy Vol 2 comp filled with kickass Goasia tracks back in 2006. I don't care for his style. To me it sounds secondary and dull compared to new-school artists like Khetzal, Goasia, Filteria, etc.

The first Pure Planet generated some positive feedback amoung the Goa fans back 2004.

Samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/kag/kag1cd924.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6572

This one is on its way to my home adress... So a review will (hopefully) see the light of day some time before the weekend is over! :)

This one is on its way to my home adress... So a review will (hopefully) see the light of day some time before the weekend is over! :)

Looking forwards to read your reviews, i like to listen to some old cds and read the reviews you guys have made because you take notice to a lof of small details =)

keep it up

Regards

Diaks

They take forever to post the 4:00 samples on saikosounds. Part of me is interested in this comp even though I have two of the tracks, the Chi-A.D. ones.

Hehe, yesterday I invited a couple of friends of mine, and when they heard that I was going to play some Goa they immediately 'rebelled' and said that they didn't want that kind of 'techno brainwashing'.

After the end of whole CD they were unbelievably over-enthusiasthic about Goa Trance, and its parties etc. :D

They take forever to post the 4:00 samples on saikosounds. Part of me is interested in this comp even though I have two of the tracks, the Chi-A.D. ones.

Oh, come on now Jon, do you really need those samples. Stop being a drama queen :P ! I mean, a V.A. with 3 Afgin tracks, two properly released Chi A.D. monsters, and two Filteria's remixes, of which one is amazing...

Oh, come on now Jon, do you really need those samples. Stop being a drama queen :P ! I mean, a V.A. with 3 Afgin tracks, two properly released Chi A.D. monsters, and two Filteria's remixes, of which one is amazing...

Yes. I need my samples...so I can review them. I'm j/k! :D

The thing looks much stronger than the first overall.