Pandemonium!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Wow, nice work Filipe & Metapsychic Records crew! This EP is very nice, and I am glad to have the WAVs... they will be put to good use :D

I've got it up on Ektoplazm already:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/audio/pandemonium...tists-night-ep/

As always, you're the best distributor we can have, Basilisk!! Awesome job you did once again in your very complete and professional site! Thanks a lot for your support! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tracks are on repeat here :D full of energy very very dynamic tracks cant wait to hear this on a party.

Regards

Diaks

Quick comments:

A new release by Felipe? YAY! If anyone, I'm hyped- especially this time, as I am well aware that Felipe has switched style, and that I had somewhat mixed feelings about those recent samples, so I'm anxious to hear whether or not will this new style be something I will eventually go crazy about!

A Mad Scientist's Night: The first track, asides from a heavy, fast and uplifting kick, doesn't really start until around 0:50, when after a "Prepare to be astonished!" sample, a load of cool melodies and acidic synths slowly hail from the background, and it all eventually adds up to one bigger melody, which kicks off at 01:48, right after the same sample from 60 seconds ago reappears. Lasting only for around 30 seconds, the melody is out and away before really even putting on the table all it's got, but worry not- soon enough acidic melodies will once again resurrect and completely take over the track, and let me not even get started about those sinister effectes kicking in at 03:20! What are those??? Amazing! Well, those amazing effects, combined with the previously introduced acidic synths just let this track flow all over the place, with a kazillion sounds flowing in from all over, and at 04:25 you know that a massive lead is knocking at your door! Soon enough it's there, but the final devastating blow takes place a lil' after 05:05, when the same sample is used (again!?) and then- boom!!! The lead melody takes over, and this track turns into a mad one for sure. Wild it is, no doubt. Oh yeah, and to make that final touch all the more complete, those excellent effects I so much liked before, are now re-introduced to the track, and are skillfully used to end the track as well. Overall, I like this trac a lot, as it's very euphoric and uplifting, and I really do not think it even begins to border any nitzho type track, and let alone cheese... Although the sample may ware out pretty soon in my ears, as I find it overused during these seven minutes, it really shouldn't be any trouble to all the party freeks out there who won't be paying too much attention to it. But for home listening, I might get a little tired of it, and a little too soon. Excellent track all the way through, though!

Alibaba And The 40 Acid Puzzle: This one starts with an eastern influenced melody, which quickly enough gets accompanied by a stomping bass kick and some nice acidic melodies are finding their way to the forefront. At around 01:50 some short snippets of a lighter melody kick in, but it isn't really until 02:55 that we get a real melody here. And to be honest, this one doesn't really do it for me. It's too... Well, hit me with a sledgehammer across the head, but it's just too nitzho for me. It's very uplifting, but I guess this is one of those situations that I was discussing with Felipe here some time back: he just cannot please everybody with this new direction he's taken! Tracks like this one will sure gain him some new fans, and will most likely become dance floor sure shots, but likewise, some fans will just have to take a back seat. See, I was more of a fan of his tracks from last year's Ataraxia EP (Southern Oracle still gets massive spins at my crib), or his older work (hopefully soon to be released in proper sound quality on his Lost Tapes album...) like Lunar Stains, the super acidic Organic Humanoids, Mysteries Of The Women or Eternal Life and... What was it called? Yoga! And this EP I am commenting right now sounds more in the vein of his older tracks like, per instance, When The Universe Was Created and to a greater extent, Tabernacle. Which doesn't immediately mean that I have to bash this new production, dubbing it some "cheap nitzho", as it is much more than that. It's more of a fact that Felipe has been keeping my interest and expectataions pretty high for quite some time now, from his Apsara track and even before, via some of those unreleased gems... Back to the track: a brave move to suddenly drop his Lost Buddha project, and come out with a whole new moniker, full of fresh ideas- and they all get displayed. Will they be to everyone's liking? I do not know, but I doubt it, as the kind of uplifting, euphoric and epic trance Felipe is offering was never to everyone's taste! And just to prove my point, take the melody at 04:56- very, very uplifting and all, but that is the waaaay over the top uplifting I never liked. I mean, it must break any crowd into pieces, true, but that does not necessarily make it outstanding in my ears. Dare I say, cheesy at times, and IMO, Felipe missed his chance to save this one! Why & where? Man, when that melody (which is much better than the previous two on this track) starts to come back at 06:43, I was expecting another huge, bombastic climax at around 07:00, but instead the track suddenly ends, leaving me well, empty! I really needed that one more climax! You think something can be done about that Felipe? ;) So yeah, what can I say? One track I really like, and the other one I am not so crazy about. I am sure many will be though, just as I'm sure they'll have their reasons. But as a foretaste of what is to come, I am glad that Felipe is not afraid to take quantum leaps in terms of changing styles and sound, so I won't judge this Pandemonium release yet, I'll wait for the real album!

P.S.: Yo, Felipe! I read in that other post that you left out on yet another contract! What's up with that man! You really have some talent, and IMHO you deserve to get that proper release out- are you really having all that trouble finding a label? It would be sad to let it all end at this, if you follow me! Anyways, keep the music coming, my ears are always open! This new (to quote myself again) euphoric, uplifting and epic trance Felipe has set himslef to produce sounds promising, but approach with caution, as it's not something I would recommend to everybody. Giving it a try, though, is essential! B)

thanks a lot for the constructive critic bro :)

its only a matter of taste as u already said . some people will prefer my old music and some will prefer my new music. anyway this project is a project with attitude on which i diss certain things i see in the world and aswel in the movement. i recommend to listen this music with the ears well opened and the eyes too.. (if u get me)

about the labels im tired of labels trying to put a leash on my neck and as an artist i dont admit that (fortunatly) , i dont mind to release my music for free , as u can see i make people happy :) , now i just wanna play on parties hehehe.

Hearing the song in its entirety makes such a difference than a short sample blip.

The Pandemonium! album is very different from the general Goa-Trance I'm used to. This style seems to be the artist breaking out and doing something totally different. It's a style unlike any I've ever heard. The energy is good. The melodies are catchy. The voice samples are fun. It isn't as mind traveling, pretty, and lush sounding as the Lost Buddha work. It's more driven to being what I consider quality Full On Goa-Trance. The melodies and other supporting sounds are fast, chopped up. I find little thought provoking about it but it sure is fun to listen to. This is like a new spin-off style from Goa-Trance. Some Goa lovers may not like how that sounds but we need to ideas and and risks taken in order to move forward.

EP

Mad Scientists Night - I really like how this thing starts. The melodies. They're strong, catchy. Also cool is the voice sample. It's humorous sounding in a tongue-in-cheek Austin Powers-esque sense. This adds appeal and makes the song more fun and playful but less provocative in tone and feel too. That's fine because the artist seems clear of his direction. This isn't meant to be dark or serious. It's care-free and fun. This artst makes strong melodies.

Alibaba and the 40 Acid Puzzle - The first leading melody is good and how it plays with the sustained notes. There are some good ethnic influences in the melody department but not as much mixing, playing around as in Mad Scientists Night I feel. It's pretty good but Mad Scientists Night is a stronger track overall.

Good work. I imagine how this would sound with 4CN mastering :)

Actually I like that idea. It could be really badass...don't know if that's something this artist will pursue if the album is free to download tho.

hm ... pandemonium is the home of satan, so I am sure You are on the right way, Losti ;)

Nice sounds on the mix. The singles are very fat as always and reflect the natural spirit of a BIG natural brain.

GO ON and DON'T STOP IT!!!

Well I am not able to download them right now due to my unbelievable slow internet, but I will do so in some days

and drop a comment then. I feel like being one big bomb of exitement right now...must...hear...this...((:

Well I am not able to download them right now due to my unbelievable slow internet, but I will do so in some days

and drop a comment then. I feel like being one big bomb of exitement right now...must...hear...this...((:

agneton where are u? i want to know if u are going crazy with this! (maybe its the reason why ur not showing up here :P )

Hey, that's something a lot of us have been trying to tell you for what seems like years now :D

haha.

All right, my internet is at full speed again and I managed to get my hands on this release!

The A-side has a nice pulsing kickdrum, it features a funny sample and some creative synths.

I have to recognize you're perfectly able to blend the Goa experience you developped in the Lost Buddha

project with the Nitzhonot-style. The two main melodies in this song are kicking ass!

I can assure you that back in 1999 you would have been asked by every single Nitzhonot label, this kind

of songs should have been on quality compilations like "Save The Robots" or the "SSST Israel" CD's.

The Ali Baba track is a good one as well, although I prefer the Scientist Night.

In each case this track will rock the dancefloor for sure as well, the bombastic/arabic

melodies are giving me an adrenalin kick everytime I listen to them (:

Moreover I like the fact that you don't take the whole concept too serious, you're throwing in some

funny elements as well.

Anyway, I'm begging you for more. When will the album be released?

By the way, why did Cosmogenesis asked for the label information of Discobole some time ago...hm...? ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

By the way, why did Cosmogenesis asked for the label information of Discobole some time ago...hm...? ;)

At the beginning, yes, I asked infos about discobole for the pandemonium album to see if there could be a possibility for Filipe to release it there. But he already got some proposals to release his album in cd from other labels, and he clearly refused all of them... He wants to release it for free for the reasons he already explained in this topic. So finally I didn't get in touch with them for the album.

For discobole, I have other projects in my mind, I'll inform you about them in time, since you could be interested... ;)

All right, my internet is at full speed again and I managed to get my hands on this release!

The A-side has a nice pulsing kickdrum, it features a funny sample and some creative synths.

I have to recognize you're perfectly able to blend the Goa experience you developped in the Lost Buddha

project with the Nitzhonot-style. The two main melodies in this song are kicking ass!

I can assure you that back in 1999 you would have been asked by every single Nitzhonot label, this kind

of songs should have been on quality compilations like "Save The Robots" or the "SSST Israel" CD's.

The Ali Baba track is a good one as well, although I prefer the Scientist Night.

In each case this track will rock the dancefloor for sure as well, the bombastic/arabic

Moreover I like the fact that you don't take the whole concept too serious, you're throwing in some

funny elements as well.

thanks agneton! more will come bro :)

Great tunes, Filipe. I like that you are broadening your horizons and are not following the old goa formula so strictly anymore.

Edit: Are you still going to release the Lost Buddha - Untold Stories 2004-2007 album? Please do!

funny elements as well.

thanks agneton im glad u got the taste of it , the album is yet to come , we still have some releases to drop in meta b4 the pandalbum , but itll be worth the wait :)

Funny Filipe,

Your Mad Scientist track was the last one I uploaded to my iTunes so... every time I hear new samples from other stuff they upload above it. Then I delete them and the Mad Scientist track starts playing. Because of this I must have heard this thing over a dozen extra times and I just let it pay. I think it's great. I love the melodies. They're comfortable and engaging. The opening pulls me in and I have to hear the whole song.

So when are you releasing this thing? Any ideas? I want to hear the whole thing! Let's go! :clapping:

Funny Filipe,

Your Mad Scientist track was the last one I uploaded to my iTunes so... every time I hear new samples from other stuff they upload above it. Then I delete them and the Mad Scientist track starts playing. Because of this I must have heard this thing over a dozen extra times and I just let it pay. I think it's great. I love the melodies. They're comfortable and engaging. The opening pulls me in and I have to hear the whole song.

So when are you releasing this thing? Any ideas? I want to hear the whole thing! Let's go! :clapping:

the album u mean? we have a few albums to release before the pandemonium - muinomednap album , everything has to go to mastering and then boom :)

great to know that u love it jon :) heheh