Vishnudata -Dreamforce by Damion

spaceboogie

Posted Image

A more bona-fide journey across one artist album I don’t think I have ever found.

Vishnudata’s music has this incredibly organic quality: analogue lines split and morph like mitochondria, melodies rise and fall, textures pan around the room, all fired up by very slight atonal pitching.

I’m even going to stick my neck out here and say that it’s every bit as intricate as stalwart essential producers like Hallucinogen and Sensient. I’m only half exaggerating here: this is an incredibly well-rounded album.

There’s elements of X-Dream, old Wizzy Noise, Loopus, James Reipas. There’s dazzling chill (Neha and Peace Within, bordering the album). There’s deft funk (Fusepliz). There’s freeform-jazz-n-jungle (Too Slow). And, of course, there’s shitshaking suomi (everything else, exemplified on Beastmode.)

This has every hallmark of a classic.

Brilliant packaging, intriguing music, skilful production, and more genuine psychedelia than you can shake a glowstick at. Miss this at your peril.

review by Damion http://www.psyreviews.net

Argh! I've been meaning to add this for AGES. This is a great album. Sorta-minimal melodic, space trance. Simple but effective melodies, great builds, lovely sounds. The filtered pads on I Love U are really nice, love the shuffled drums on Kombucha... but it's Villa Ghee People that's the best track, no question. A FANTASTIC trance lead riff in this, and what a build up.

Get this album now. Valo has a unique sound, there's absolutely no cookie-cutter psy going on here at all. He does some nice chillout as well, Neha has some lovely flute work. :)

Very late edit: Best cover in years.

• 2 weeks later...

Although it's not a masterpiece is damn good!

It's colorful, psychedelic, peaceful, kinda spacey and with some good melodies. Also every track has its own character which is great.

But if there's a reason to buy this album is th Villa Ghee People track. OMG! The melodies remind me the old Doof or somethnig, superb trance feeling. Actually if the leads were louder it would be one my best tracks ever!

Over 300 listens?!

I've heard it just twice and have yet to really get into it - I need to give it a better listen or something... Production seems sort of lo-fi or something, reminds me a bit of the Kino Oko album from last year that way...

I really like the first track I know that...

Although it's not a masterpiece is damn good!

Yeah, very nice album to start sunny summer days ^_^ I never got into Instant Sadhu's (Valo's other project) album, but this is one completely different.

:clapping:

But if there's a reason to buy this album is th Villa Ghee People track. OMG! The melodies remind me the old Doof or somethnig, superb trance feeling. Actually if the leads were louder it would be one my best tracks ever!

+ a billion.

See? A good lead melody gets you far. VGP instantly gets my vote as the best track because of this. :drama:

Over 300 listens?!

I've heard it just twice and have yet to really get into it - I need to give it a better listen or something... Production seems sort of lo-fi or something, reminds me a bit of the Kino Oko album from last year that way...

I really like the first track I know that...

Well, 300 track listenings.

• 3 weeks later...