Decorative wine bottles

Symphoid

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's an update on some of my new designs. I've been experimenting with different bottles - beer, liquor, etc. A few of these are incomplete.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was for a bar in town called Fishbones :)

Posted Image

So here's an update on some of my new designs. I've been experimenting with different bottles - beer, liquor, etc. A few of these are incomplete.

This was for a bar in town called Fishbones :)

Posted Image

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. :blink:

Did they pay you for this?

Keep experimenting! :clapping:

Totally cool, Billy. :clapping: :drama:

Thaks, Per :)

:o OMG Symph! Awesome!

This thread has been running since ages and I haven't seen it till now. Damn.. I should move out of Off-Topic.

Hey thanks so much, Santo. Really nice to hear that

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. :blink:

Did they pay you for this?

Keep experimenting! :clapping:

Thanks a lot Go-Goa :) They paid me, but not in cash. They give me free bottles whenever I drop by. Last time I picked up some they gave me a huge trashbag's worth :lol:

Wow, man that is some serious artistic ability. Maybe you could not only sell them to bars, but also to alcohol companies that are looking to market their product as something different. It doesn't have to be alcohol either. I am sure bottled water companies might be all over this. Perhaps get to know someone who could show your art at an exhibit, using different shaped bottles, colors, etc...

Beautiful.

Mdk

Wow, man that is some serious artistic ability. Maybe you could not only sell them to bars, but also to alcohol companies that are looking to market their product as something different. It doesn't have to be alcohol either. I am sure bottled water companies might be all over this. Perhaps get to know someone who could show your art at an exhibit, using different shaped bottles, colors, etc...

Beautiful.

Mdk

Thanks Trance :) Y'know I've found some boutiques around here and some along the East Coast that seem very promising. I've got a great connection who is willing to help out, too.

Btw, I noticed that you're from Raleigh. I'm from Greensboro. :)

Btw, I noticed that you're from Raleigh. I'm from Greensboro. :)

I know it very well. When the Carolina Hurricanes first cane to NC, I would drive out there to see games. And if you didn't know, I-40 through there is under eternal construction. :angry:

Keep us updated on the bottle situation!

Mdk

• 6 months later...

Earlier this week, I went back to the Fishbones bar and asked about the bottle I made them. I couldn't see it anywhere and wondered whether or not it still remained intact. It turns out that the bottle has to be hidden at certain hours of the day because people have tried to steal it :D What a funny compliment.

Very nice. Talented indeed. =)

AMAZING symph.....

every single one of them looks awesome

Hey thanks you two!

I haven't made any new ones for months. I gotta get back on that. I still have close to 200 bottles sitting in my attic!

maybe place a small light bulb or LED inside the bottle to light it up from inside !!! i don't know if it works tho :unsure:

you could put them on the OUTSIDE and mold them inside clay or something, that would A W E S O M E - O

• 4 months later...

Or even better than LEDs; EL wire! That would be amazing...

• 3 weeks later...

hello, i was trying to PM you but since your inbox is full i will post it here:

which are still available :)?

they are absolutely amazing.

i remember we mailed back and forth sometimes in the past but lost all the messages etc.

i think u may have success here in milano where everything is about design really.

u would sell probably.

i may buy one and show it around :)

how much was including shipping etc?

different prices according to the complexity of the design?

how resistant is the colour used?

cheers!

Hey draeke and alleycat, you've resurfaced this thread...thanks :)

draeke, I haven't sold any for almost a year. I think most of the ones you see are still available.

The prices differ in accordance with the design, but not by much. I've done my best to prevent the bottles from scratching easily by layering a special clear matte several times between color additions. As far as shipping one to Italy, I'm really not sure how much it would be, but I imagine it could get pricey.

I've cleaned out my PM, if you have anymore questions ;)

Symphoid, those are some amazing creative skills you got, first your music and now this.. I have a suggestion, just if you didn't think of it.. If you have a hard time selling your artwork, why don't you start tattoo'ing? My brother is also really good at drawing, painting and stuff.. A couple of years ago he bought a tattoo machine, and started practising.. Now he's making REALLY good money. I believe you could make some amazing patterns and pictures if you practised a little... Symphoid, The new Miami ink guy :P