Burning Man 2006 Photos

Nokturnal

Burning Man is a art festival that takes place on a dried lake bed in the desert at altitude in Nevada, USA. 30-50,000 people create a city, Black Rock City, for one week, and brave the elements (30-45 Celsius, 0% humidity)and each other. I is not a party per say but you can party your arse off 24-7 if you so desire as there are many many many sound systems, some that are simply massive. There's also vast amounts of installation and interactive art, it's really a photographers wet dream.

I condensed a huge pile of photos from our trip last summer and put them online if anyone is interested:

http://www.area709.com/darvin/gallery/view/72/

Enjoy! :D

Burning Man is a art festival that takes place on a dried lake bed in the desert at altitude in Nevada, USA. 30-50,000 people create a city, Black Rock City, for one week, and brave the elements (30-45 Celsius, 0% humidity)and each other. I is not a party per say but you can party your arse off 24-7 if you so desire as there are many many many sound systems, some that are simply massive. There's also vast amounts of installation and interactive art, it's really a photographers wet dream.

I condensed a huge pile of photos from our trip last summer and put them online if anyone is interested:

http://www.area709.com/darvin/gallery/view/72/

Enjoy! :D

Great to see the pictures, as I see there are great works of art there. I especially liked this construction:

http://www.area709.com/mint/pepper/ordered...874541-full.jpg

I'm hoping that one day I can travel to USA and head out to the BM event :)

Great to see the pictures, as I see there are great works of art there. I especially liked this construction:

http://www.area709.com/mint/pepper/ordered...874541-full.jpg

I'm hoping that one day I can travel to USA and head out to the BM event :)

It's a big commitment, but I can assure you it's well worth it. =)

Hey I thought I would mention that we also have a nice little stockpile of music free to download on our site: www.area709.com. Once you are registered (there is no fee of course) you can nab mixes of a variety of genres: psytrance, psyprog, progressive (house/trance/breaks), downtempo, psydub, psydm, ambient, some atmospheric drum and bass. We have put a lot of love into those mixes, so feel free to dive in and enjoy!!

Hey I thought I would mention that we also have a nice little stockpile of music free to download on our site: www.area709.com. Once you are registered (there is no fee of course) you can nab mixes of a variety of genres: psytrance, psyprog, progressive (house/trance/breaks), downtempo, psydub, psydm, ambient, some atmospheric drum and bass. We have put a lot of love into those mixes, so feel free to dive in and enjoy!!

Nice!! Amazing pics!!! I am going to the man for the first time this year. I can't wait.

Great fotos and verry interesting fest!!! Well the story behind this festival i think is magic!!! Dont you think?

Besides Solipse and skydiving it's the best thing I've had a chance to experience in my life so far :)

• 2 years later...

Anyone thinking of going to Burning Man this summer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's getting to be that time of year again!!

haha, I looked at the pics some days ago and then it got so late at night I didn't even reply anymore

totally fascinating and totally awesome!