Arkanoydz - Type One

Guest antic

Guest antic

Posted Image

Meet the Arkanoydz. The seeds of the Arkanoydz were sown when Giotto Bini, a long time international Italian DJ with a history in production, teamed up with Andrea Rizzo, one of the original members of outfit known as Etnica and Pleiadians. Andrea's input into the Etnica project is legendary, as it was his melodic structures that gave the forms to the early sounds of Goa Trance and lay the foundations that hundreds of producers would try to immitate. Together, Andrea and Giotto made a formidable production team, but they knew they needed an edge to push them to the fore-front of the modern psychedelic trance sound, and for that they turned to Young Kim, aka DJ Young, the globe-trotting international DJ, label manager of Etnicanet records, and resident for London's Fairy Tales nights.

With the team formed the three locked themselves down in their secret headquarters deep in the hills around Milano and got to work. Several months later, and they had created the Type One album, and with it the Arkanoydz sound. Combining ideas and themes from modern psychedelic trance they merged their own musical DNA into the sounds. Dark tones weave through the low end of the spectrum, merging with melodies that breathe with a synthetic intelligence. Metallic percussion snaps like a Venus fly-trap, while voluputously curved basslines lure you ever onward with their call.

While each track shines with its own identity, the atmosphere of the Arkanoydz is ever-present throughout the album, as the trio explore themes of electro, disco, house and progression all within the boundaries of modern psychedelic trance, and striving to push the concept of modern electronic music ever further. This is dance music of the future, and it is with great pride that Sonic Dragon Records are able to present this to the world.

SAMPLES

It's not old Pleiadians / Etnica, but sounds interesting nonetheless...

:)

yeah, as i mentioned somewhere else, its quite bad, imo. some nice etnica melodies for a short while and generic fullon sounds all over :unsure:

interesting ones were:

im curious about this one, im yet to listen to those samples, but i remember from listening to samples of 3 of their tracks at myspace and they seemed to have these magic melodies, very rarely, but they were there, as we loved it in etnica :D however, that wasnt enough to make those tracks shine unsure so i dont know what to expect, probably nothing good, the same as with etnica stuff?

interesting ones:

the train song

one parsec

/not impressive, just curious :unsure: totemism mix is just shit <_<

oh and heres something from arkanoydz myspace conserning etnicas remixed cd:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...70-f24270285ee5

You must wait to hear the full lenght tracks before judging dudes :)

I can assure you the album is really great, melodies and such and great production, up to date.

It was never ment to be an oldschool album, it has influences from the old times and that's quite good!

:drama:

fortunately no-one quoted my initial response because it wasn't me but the drugs talkin!

maybe....

anyways, I listened the rest of the samples and my conclusion would have to be:

NOT good anough

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the longer samples do sound fantastic!

Anoebis, give the longer samples another chance.

It's not old school Etnica/Pleiadians but it's deep psychedelic space trance.

I just did... The thing that is irritating me are the too obvious full on basslines and highhats and also the stupid full on sounds in between the melodies (the "farts"), the melodies sound nice, but still, not convincing imo... :( Taste :P

well u have to compare it to gms or the other full on bands around now, i see much better technical skills and melodies in arkanoydz :) is not that average crap u can find released everyday!

this just dropped through my letter box today, and on first proper listen i'm really enjoying it. it's deep, deep trance with some really good old school/etnica-ish touches.

im affraid not enough of those old goaish etnica touches there and those "cheap" fullon sounds :unsure:

Yes thats what really bugs me are the electro-full on sounds but i cant deny its a quality release with great production.

Yes thats what really bugs me are the electro-full on sounds but i cant deny its a quality release with great production.

have you heard the full release yet? maybe it's just me, but i can't hear any "electro" and there's plenty of old school melody in almost every track :)

have you heard the full release yet? maybe it's just me, but i can't hear any "electro" and there's plenty of old school melody in almost every track :)

as the trio explore themes of electro, disco, house and progression all within the boundaries of modern psychedelic trance....

[/color][/size][/size]

:lol:

that comes from the sales bullshit, dude, surely you don't believe everything you read in that? if everything written about every new release was true then every single cd released is the next genre busting, innovative, big thing.

i've listened to this twice now, and they may think they have all those influences mixed in (and maybe they do!), but to me the sum of all the parts just sounds like good, old fashioned psytrance. if any of those influences stood out more than the old school touches, they would have put me off and i wouldn't have enjoyed it so much.

that comes from the sales bullshit, dude, surely you don't believe everything you read in that? if everything written about every new release was true then every single cd released is the next genre busting, innovative, big thing.

i've listened to this twice now, and they may think they have all those influences mixed in (and maybe they do!), but to me the sum of all the parts just sounds like good, old fashioned psytrance. if any of those influences stood out more than the old school touches, they would have put me off and i wouldn't have enjoyed it so much.

I only read that after u said u didnt find any electro influences on it :lol::lol:

Ok, every one has is opinion and in my opinion it has some electro/fullon feeling that i dont like much :)

no, it's not as good as some, there ar 4 or 5 releases this year that are better imho, but it is a lot better than most ;)

im affraid the fact that its better than most of the shit released isnt enough for me to like it ;)

either its good on its own, or it isnt, without comparing what else is out there so far :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's not old school Etnica/Pleiadians but it's deep psychedelic space trance.

Word !! So far I only heard The Train song but, wow !

I get those old goose bumps back that I missed for like 10 years :D

I am glad that they are exploring and mixes different genres too than just creating old school that they did for so long already.

sing of creativity, sign of originality. and thats what this scene needs.

i read all your comments and i understnad what the fuzz is about more or less.. reger, anoebis, divine and everyone, this release wasn't aimed for you probably, it has oldschool elements and maybe some electro influences but it was born as psytrance. The fact that andrea rizzo made the music in it didnt automatically mean it had to be goa trance, did it ? they all moved on from that genre, they never intended to make it, so you really must compare the album with what's being played at parties, and what's being produced right now, excluding people making oldschool because arkanoydz aren't! they aim to be a great psytrance new generation band :) and i think that the result is really well packed, well mastered and sounding brilliant! I am not an expert to make comparisons really but i heard positive comments around from people producing new style music! :)

I got my original copy yesterday and it really works on the stereo!

PS: for sure i would love to hear some oldschool produced by andrea , etnica and the old gang but that's another story :)