Dark suomi / forest tunes

Digitalys

Hey I'm looking for some more dark suomi sounds.. which is hard to find! Or maybe some older Swedish artists too?

like...

Eraser VS Yojalka - Round One (album)

Egosentrifug - Horizon Tall & Oxygen Corridor

Flying Scorpions - Jet Pilot & Metafora

Masatronics

Ka Sol

Battle of the Future Buddhas

so.. I prefer the tracks who are close to the oldskool goa sound, not stuff like Derango, Wizack Twizack or Scozbor (but tips in this direction are also welcome :))

Hey I'm looking for some more dark suomi sounds.. which is hard to find! Or maybe some older Swedish artists too?

like...

Eraser VS Yojalka - Round One (album)

Egosentrifug - Horizon Tall & Oxygen Corridor

Flying Scorpions - Jet Pilot & Metafora

Masatronics

Ka Sol

Battle of the Future Buddhas

so.. I prefer the tracks who are close to the oldskool goa sound, not stuff like Derango, Wizack Twizack or Scozbor (but tips in this direction are also welcome :))

Va - Hacking the myth reality

this is dark suomi from 1996 which is very close to goatrance, but still spugedelic

I believe it is released on Psy-Harmonics

this is dark suomi from 1996 which is very close to goatrance, but still spugedelic

yoo Psyware :)

tis Psytek heheh..

I already hae that album, thx for the tip again! ;)

V.A. Beats & Beyond (2000)

Squaremeat- Wave Soup (2000)

Flying Scorpions- Lippotena Cervi (2003)

...And eventhough it's not that old, and I reckon you might have it, try out last year's beautiful V.A. No Possible Soundz... I am officially in love with that compilation! :)

I haven't heard the full length CD yet only samples...

but u should try to give VA - Amonit People (Organic Alchemy Records) a listen.

that's not what I mean, but I really like the samples! thx :) some nice dark psy

V.A. Beats & Beyond (2000)

Squaremeat- Wave Soup (2000)

Flying Scorpions- Lippotena Cervi (2003)

...And eventhough it's not that old, and I reckon you might have it, try out last year's beautiful V.A. No Possible Soundz... I am officially in love with that compilation!

Yes, I have No Possible Sounds and I love it too :) especially track 2, 4 and 9!

I don't really like the other albums u mentioned, they are too funky.. I rly don't like those funky sounds, but some of those artists have a few darkish tracks with a good drive and spaced out sounds.. I'm looking for those tracks

that's not what I mean, but I really like the samples! thx :) some nice dark psy

dark psy.... :huh:

Its Russian alright but its not "dark" psy in my book ;) it seems to have some hefty suomi-influence, right?! Glad u like it... I'm thinking about getting it, a great cover too :)

ED:

Squaremeat - Astronomical Coffee Break is nice as well... relentless music!

dark psy.... :huh:

Its Russian alright but its not "dark" psy in my book ;) it seems to have some hefty suomi-influence, right?! Glad u like it... I'm thinking about getting it, a great cover too :)

Have you listened to the samples on Psyshop? They mixed it up with the Tea Chairz 3CD release I think, which is definitely a nice release to check out...

Was just listening to Squeech and remembered that Odd Harmonic - Intensive Hinderance has a bit off a dark feeling to it, don't know if their album is in the same vein didn't listen to it yet, have to that soon

I so dislike that word... <_<

I haven't heard the full length CD yet only samples...

but u should try to give VA - Amonit People (Organic Alchemy Records) a listen.

:)

ahhh...i like the samples....i just don't understand why everything in this style must be so FAST these days...

Try

Yggdrasil Records with their newest compilation Nine Worlds

this sounds interesting to me.....

Have you listened to the samples on Psyshop? They mixed it up with the Tea Chairz 3CD release I think, which is definitely a nice release to check out...

Yeah I did---- I was wondering why anyone world call it dark psy :lol: Then I'm just gonna buy that one instead!

No one's mentioned "Derango' in here? :huh:

I did, but I'm not really looking for that sound (although that is about the most deep and psychedelic forest music if u ask me)

I'm looking for tracks with an oldskool touch (sounds)

Try The Wizardry of Oz compilation on Transient:

http://www.discogs.com/release/340190

wow, thx for the tip! sounds a bit like Hacking the Reality Myth, same artists.. but none of the nrs are really good imo. Some nice sounds though, thx :)

I did, but I'm not really looking for that sound (although that is about the most deep and psychedelic forest music if u ask me)

I'm looking for tracks with an oldskool touch (sounds)

wow, thx for the tip! sounds a bit like Hacking the Reality Myth, same artists.. but none of the nrs are really good imo. Some nice sounds though, thx :)

Woow, Tiny Little Engines must be one of the best tracks ever... Wizardry of the Ooz was the first cd that brought me into the finnish style :)

Anyway, the Kavator releases are definately your style, Psychoactive Scandosounds 1 and 2, of course als Schlabs and check first Kluster as well

Why didn't I think of this before... :unsure:

but try Psyko Disko - Psycho Disco

fucking amazing if u ask me :D

That is good :)

Forest/Suomi is another genre I don't really know what it is.

I imagined dark forest vibes?

Woow, Tiny Little Engines must be one of the best tracks ever... Wizardry of the Ooz was the first cd that brought me into the finnish style :)

Anyway, the Kavator releases are definately your style, Psychoactive Scandosounds 1 and 2, of course als Schlabs and check first Kluster as well

Yeah Tiny Little Engines is a very nice track

so is Psycho Disko - Nobody! Amazing sound, but the constant "No...No...Nobody" is a bit annoying if you ask me

That is good :)

Forest/Suomi is another genre I don't really know what it is.

I imagined dark forest vibes?

I would say its more like two subgenres, while forest is the more dark twisted wierd stuff, while suomi is normally more light funky weird... I guess that might not make any sense.... :blink: but thats how I see it.

Well if u wanna hear some forest try listen to Boldly Audio (Sanaton Audio) or just some Derango ;) and if u wanna listen to some suomi try Texas Faggott or Squaremeat, just to get a feel of the vibe! And antiscarp.com is full of nice and free compilations and albums for free dl. (I think I actually sent u a like for this one some time ago ;) )

I would say its more like two subgenres, while forest is the more dark twisted wierd stuff, while suomi is normally more light funky weird... I guess that might not make any sense.... :blink: but thats how I see it.

Well if u wanna hear some forest try listen to Boldly Audio (Sanaton Audio) or just some Derango ;) and if u wanna listen to some suomi try Texass Faggott or Squaremeat, just to get a feel of the vibe! And antiscarp.com is full of nice and free compilations and albums for free dl. (I think I actually sent u a like for this one some time ago ;) )

I agree for a 100%

Looks like I'll be playing a 'forest' set soon in a month or so (@ 00-00)... so I'm looking for recommendations from something like Glowing Flame Records (Imaginary Sight / Trold), Kluster to a bit more night sounding tunes.

:)