interview with WOMBATMUSIC

• 2 weeks later...

I've set a lot of comments invisible here, it would really be nice if you stop the EP bashing, I've really had it with that (means if you people don't get a grip and continue with that there will be warnings). It's abou this music here and not about his appearance at this forum. You can think about him or his character whatever you like but this forum is not to be used as bashing board for people you dislike. Especially not when the targeted person can't reply here.

Oh and one sidenote: not all the comment that I've set invisible were unapropriat but they don't make much sense anymore when the other comments are not vivisble anymore. So please stick to discuss his music or the interview and not the ghosts of the past, thank you!

Guest The Journey Man Project

had a listen at my mates place... found it to be pretty much substandard tribal sounds... for somehting that is supposed to mean so much it should'v eha dmore quality... I have found many other similar style albums that sound much better. Save your cash for better chill!

Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to say my opinion about this album, since I'm the guy who decided to release it on Chill Tribe... But anyway, it's my true opinion about the music, and after collecting electronic music for 17 years now, I feel like expressing it.

First time I skipped from track to track on this album to get a fast opinion on what it sounded like, I didn't get so much out of either. Then I listened to this album the way it is "supposed to" be listened to... From beginning to end, as all the tracks hangs together as a long journey...

That's when I finally "got it"... Saying that this is just another random ethnic thing is just plain wrong... It's a journey where we get to explore so many different styles, moods, feelings sounds and "colours"..! From the tribal beginning that brings me right into the mood of old Elysium classics, to synth riffs that reminds me of some edm stuff in a chilled way, beautiful ambient melodies in Future Society, pop influences and melancholic vibes... I think that with this album, Kristian Thinning really show in every way what a huge musical talent he is. And the more times I listen to this journey from beginning to end, the better it gets, at least in my head..., which for me is a sign of quality (not just in one ear and out the other chill pop hit...).

So, I would recommend to listen to it from beginning to end a few times (in the right moments), and I'm sure it will grow on many of you, just like it did on me... It's the most experimental album I have heard this year, and also a reason for me to release this. Timeless music that will continue grow on me at least.

This might seem like selfish promotion to some of you, but it's just my true opinion... After all, Kristian Thinning don't earn anything on this album, and not me as a label either.... It's all done to get some good experimental music out to those who cares for it, aswell as doing a good cause for the CHILDREN in Lebanon...

I'm sure Kristian has some "enemies" on forums here and there, as he is a guy with strong opinions and don't back off from a good discussion about things he cares about, but despite disagreeing with some of his opinions, it's not fair to mix it with your actual opinion in music...

Enjoy your journeys!

Thank you for your time...

PKS

Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to say my opinion about this album, since I'm the guy who decided to release it on Chill Tribe... But anyway, it's my true opinion about the music, and after collecting electronic music for 17 years now, I feel like expressing it.

First time I skipped from track to track on this album to get a fast opinion on what it sounded like, I didn't get so much out of either. Then I listened to this album the way it is "supposed to" be listened to... From beginning to end, as all the tracks hangs together as a long journey...

That's when I finally "got it"... Saying that this is just another random ethnic thing is just plain wrong... It's a journey where we get to explore so many different styles, moods, feelings sounds and "colours"..! From the tribal beginning that brings me right into the mood of old Elysium classics, to synth riffs that reminds me of some edm stuff in a chilled way, beautiful ambient melodies in Future Society, pop influences and melancholic vibes... I think that with this album, Kristian Thinning really show in every way what a huge musical talent he is. And the more times I listen to this journey from beginning to end, the better it gets, at least in my head..., which for me is a sign of quality (not just in one ear and out the other chill pop hit...).

So, I would recommend to listen to it from beginning to end a few times (in the right moments), and I'm sure it will grow on many of you, just like it did on me... It's the most experimental album I have heard this year, and also a reason for me to release this. Timeless music that will continue grow on me at least.

This might seem like selfish promotion to some of you, but it's just my true opinion... After all, Kristian Thinning don't earn anything on this album, and not me as a label either.... It's all done to get some good experimental music out to those who cares for it, aswell as doing a good cause for the CHILDREN in Lebanon...

I'm sure Kristian has some "enemies" on forums here and there, as he is a guy with strong opinions and don't back off from a good discussion about things he cares about, but despite disagreeing with some of his opinions, it's not fair to mix it with your actual opinion in music...

Enjoy your journeys!

PKS

i have no purchased the album just yet, but i surely will! much repsect to both kristian and chilltribe for their wonderful effort to combine sweet music and a good cause. looking forward to it.

love

klaus

Enjoy your journeys!

PKS

If you are going to release it on your own label then it is a good show of how you feel about the work.

1st time I heard this I listened to it as a full album (I bought it btw). I really enjoyed it. Nice experimental at times, deep at times. Pretty cool!

Not my favourite chilled release ever but quite different from a lot of what I own so I'd say it's a good purchase.