FakeScience.com

reger

ive encountered some problems with this site, heres my story:

on 12.05.2007 i decided to buy sync24 album from fakescience online shop, its mp3 album and costs 5$. so, since i was new to that page i had to register in order to complete my order and to make chekout. as i entered all data required for billing-transaction purposes i then went on to finish my registration and get my hands on sync24 - source ASAP :rolleyes: i dont know what was called that button that i pressed, whether it was "next" or "buy" or whatever doesnt matter, what matter that when i did so i had to wait for approval, big was my surprise when after short waiting fakescience displayed message informing me that my credit card has been declined!

it was sad to either find out if my card is eligible for online purchases [or sort of] or contact customer support, since im sure that my bank card has no general limitations for online purchases [ive registered at paypal, bought music from couple of other sites aswell and had no problems with it so far] i checked all fields to ensure that ive made no mistakes and no wrong data has been entered about me and my credit card. everything seemed fine with both - my credit card and with data i entered in fakescience, thus i tried to finish this deal of buying sync24 album for the second time, hoping that this time everything will went smooth and that it was just a small bug in system... WRONG! i was declined again! well, it was enough for me, in order to be sure that fakescience didnt fuck something up i went on to my online bank [ie - logged into my bank account] that i have my credit card with and there it was - SURPRISE! - i was billed TWICE by fakescience for album that i even DIDNT get! both times that fakescience declined my order they actually billed me for 5$ each time!

"well, big deal", i thought and sent mail to fake sciences support politely informing them about my problems with their system and hoping that they will resolve my problem during upcoming week... well false hopes, not only they didnt reply to my mail [i sent my mail on friday night and there was no reply week after], they also ignored my second mail where i again POLITELY explained them my problem and informed them that its allready my 2nd mail im sending them...

i sent that 2nd letter from TWO emails just in case my first letter aswell as second one that ive sent from gmail have been caught in their spam filters! the other duplicate of my 2nd letter i sent from yahoo. but hey - SURPRISE AGAIN! - no reply, nothing from fakescience!

WTF is wrong with this?! why its impossible to contact them, why their system is so strange that it firstly informs me about my credit card being declined and then charges me for each time i try to purchase music from them?!

anyone else had similar problems with them or other online shop? how did you solve it, if solved?

Paid for a few things from them, never had any problems so far :unsure:

Keep baraging them with emails until you get a response.

What was the email address you used to contact them?

Paid for a few things from them, never had any problems so far :unsure:

Keep baraging them with emails until you get a response.

What was the email address you used to contact them?

support@fakescience.com

ive also sent mail to info@fakescience.com today.

If you can't deal with them, just avoid them... Distance is the best protection.

Respect!

yeah, ive been thinking about that, its just that they offer rather good prices for some music that i wouldnt mind potentially pay for.

other than that, if they dont do shit about it and i dont get my order/money then ill just download that album from p2p when its out on 320kbps mp3 quality and download syncs next album aswell, when its out :lol:

support@fakescience.com

ive also sent mail to info@fakescience.com today.

yeah, ive been thinking about that, its just that they offer rather good prices for some music that i wouldnt mind potentially pay for.

other than that, if they dont do shit about it and i dont get my order/money then ill just download that album from p2p when its out on 320kbps mp3 quality and download syncs next album aswell, when its out :lol:

Well you have payed for it :lol:

u have to call to ya bank that emmited ya card 1st and tell them bout a questionable transaction u made

they have a pretty stange name there , maybe they just fools ppl with thier fakeshop ?

ok, folks, just received nice mail from fake science, will look into it and see what can be done :)

Funny that it has to take that long for them to reply... But good luck getting your download and the 5 dollars back ;)

Funny that it has to take that long for them to reply... But good luck getting your download and the 5 dollars back ;)

they said that they didnt receive my first mail, i got reply to my google mail [i sent my 1st and 2nd mails both from google], so could be that first mail was lost in web <_<

well, they didnt exactly receive my money, bank set that money into "holding charges" untill the transaction is done and fakescience gets that money, but since transaction failed and because of that no money was sent to fakescience [thats how i understood their explanation] that "held" cash is still in my account and waiting for approval of transaction, but since it didnt work that money should automatically be removed from "holding" state back to normal, so i can use those 2x5$ again :lol:

anyway, i sent them last 4 digits of my card and card type [that should be safe, right, its only last 4 digits, no one can do shit about them to fuck up my account :D:P?], they said they will take a look in and try to find out what went wrong, i hope it can be solved so i can buy some music from there :rolleyes:

long story short - transaction failed, my bank is waiting for approval of transaction in order to either sent that money to fake science or to put it back into my account :rolleyes:

they said that they didnt receive my first mail, i got reply to my google mail [i sent my 1st and 2nd mails both from google], so could be that first mail was lost in web <_<

well, they didnt exactly receive my money, bank set that money into "holding charges" untill the transaction is done and fakescience gets that money, but since transaction failed and because of that no money was sent to fakescience [thats how i understood their explanation] that "held" cash is still in my account and waiting for approval of transaction, but since it didnt work that money should automatically be removed from "holding" state back to normal, so i can use those 2x5$ again :lol:

anyway, i sent them last 4 digits of my card and card type [that should be safe, right, its only last 4 digits, no one can do shit about them to fuck up my account :D:P?], they said they will take a look in and try to find out what went wrong, i hope it can be solved so i can buy some music from there :rolleyes:

long story short - transaction failed, my bank is waiting for approval of transaction in order to either sent that money to fake science or to put it back into my account :rolleyes:

Ohh well... I have actually lost a mail sending with gmail account, only one that I know of though, maybe they r telling the truth...?! :P I don't think it should be a problem sending thos 4 digits, what else could u do?! Quite weird that the money ended up in a holding state, haven't heard of that before! Well it seems it will work out for u, and thats the most important :)