VA_-_Golden_Vibes-2007-OiG

DJ_Psykick

Since it is, after all, a free release, I won't complain too much, but I still gotta say I didn't quite like this one. No bad stuff floating around, but nothing mind blowing either. Afgin's opener is awesome (and I'm starting to expect nothing less from this guy), and Lost Buddha's Southern Oracle is one of the best tracks he's ever done IMO. And these are my two stand outs. That is fine, but I already had these tracks so... However, no matter how bright the first track shines, the last one brings first traces of what I may call (if I dare :ph34r: ) an average Afgin track. Yeah, seems impossible, but I didn't dig it. After around 15 truly amazing tracks that came into my possession, it is only natural I set my standards high for this guy. Maybe a step too high up the ladder. Anyways, to keep thing on a good note, Afgin's good work thus far outshines the not-so-great production big time. Once again, I cannot wait for his debut to drop on Kagdila Records!!! Those three tracks from the V.A. Pure Planet are good enough to stand on its own against any established heavy weight. No joke.

The other artists deliver interesting, if incomplete tunes. Potential is obvious, they just need more work/practice. Solid release. Not quite comparable with Metapsychic's free various artist compilations, but who knows what it'll be one day...