Which psytrance sub-genre can't you stand?

tamlin

Psytrance sub-genres  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which can't you stand?

• Goa
    • Progressive
    • Fullon
    • Tech
    • Dark
    • Suomi
    • All of the above (I don't like psytrance)
    • Something not in this list
    • I love it all! (or at least I don't hate any of it)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand formularity,

lack of any musical knowledge (this is aimed mainly at the worst dark psy artists),

lack of originality,

lack of _an edge that would make a specific track worth listening, remembering and maybe even listening again...

But actually I like music.

Trance too.

I really don't mind any... sure there are good and bad releases... but it all depends on my mood... I think the worst thing about this scene is shitty negative discussion like this that just bring negative vibes and payout on the artists... I'd like to see half of you come up with ahalf decent track :lol: otherwise you opinion is a :wank:

Maybe the wosth thing is people who bring negative vibes with saying that these discussions bring negative vibes. What? Can't we have an opinion?

I don't have to make music in order to critisize it. I can critisize it as much as i want :posford:

israeli full on with those cheesy melodies and some dark psy which causes an immediate headache.

Some dark psy producers realy dont have a clue about how to make music

i dont want to mention names.

yes, same here

cheesy full on is on top of my hate list - although I don't hate all full on, thre is some good out there, but most of it today is cheesy and crap :(

although today I got reminded that there's some darkpsy out there that can also get very monotonous and dull over time ... but still, I prefer the dull darkpsy a hundred times over cheese full on...

I can't stand formularity,

lack of any musical knowledge (this is aimed mainly at the worst dark psy artists),

lack of originality,

lack of _an edge that would make a specific track worth listening, remembering and maybe even listening again...

But actually I like music.

Trance too.

Same here ;)

Maybe the wosth thing is people who bring negative vibes with saying that these discussions bring negative vibes. What? Can't we have an opinion?

I don't have to make music in order to critisize it. I can critisize it as much as i want :posford:

Sure, but there seem to be some people here who just critisize to be trendy (by far NOT all that post here, mind you). Like saying stuff in way of "most of today's psytrance suck" while they are recommending me nice (and cheesy) full-on tracks when off the forum. And this is kinda making me laugh... ;)

agree wit sawfly ,anythin has some good or bad

i like full on , specially neo full on that is diffrent from usual full on kind , i just dont like then full on loose any borders so it make u wonder wot the heck r u listning , thout its psy trance but it sound like some tiesto crap ( some tracks sound too close to tiesto style so u can not hear any diffrence but only some tracks )

anyway i wud prefer full on instaed of dark psy or minimal or progressive (exept maybe scandinavian artists like son kite , ticon , vibrasphere )

anyway Skazi can beat them all easily , he is the best ! master of psy ! hahaha

Guest D N H

I think Psychedelic Goa Trance is Psychedelic Goa Trance.

It is taking different shapes or becoming innovative as the years are passing,

but the spirit remains the same or better it should remain the same. But it didn't (mostly).

The evolution is the sign of life, you cannot listen only to the sound of '96.

And for sure we can find examples of irreproachable evolution.

It is a trip beyond fantasy, beyond space and time, without any frontiers.

Travelling without moving. A whole unknown world instantly absorbed you.

Atmosphere - Mentality - Spirituality - Sofistication - Mysteriousness.

It is like when i am not in mood for anything and especially to listen to music,

but suddenly a goa vibe forming in the horizon and everything is changed and my spirit is high diving.

So cheesy or pop melodies, fluffy sounds, just a bassline and some fx,

and negative black oppressive stuff (i do not mean dark) cannot be Psychedelic Goa Trance.

Guest D N H

(Atmosphere - Mentality - Spirituality - Sofistication - Mysteriousness)

hmm...to give an example of my thinking...there 2 tracks that come in my mind right now

that i like very much are from The Delta - Send In ...Send Back album,

Standby and Def By Delta Part 2.

Tech combined with neoclassical passages and atmospheres under an influencing mysterious composition,

and the whole result is so Psychedelic.

but the spirit remains the same or better it should remain the same. But it didn't (mostly).

Yes, the evolution is the sign of life, you cannot listen only to the sound of '96.

And for sure we can find examples of irreproachable evolution.

It is a trip beyond fantasy, beyond space and time, without any frontiers.

Travelling without moving. A whole unknown world instantly absorbed you.

Atmosphere - Mentality - Spituality - Sofistication.

It is like when i am not in mood for anything and especially to listen to music.

But suddenly a goa vibe forming in the horizon and everything is changed and my spirit is high.

So i believe cheesy melodies, fluffy sounds, just a bassline and some fx,

and evil-satanic stuff (i do not mean dark) are no Psychedelic Goa Trance.

You have nice trips.

You have bad trips.

I don't think the latter makes it less psychedelic...

I herd dark psytrance attracts bears.....

That's only logical since the combination of the kicks and bass resembles the mating call of a bear...

Not only that, but I've heard that certain sounds heard in many darkpsy tracks easily can destroy pavements of certain Bulgarian motorways.

This is a warning to all of you, don't try this!

Guest D N H

I don't think the latter makes it less psychedelic...

Psychedelic is mindtravelling, and yes, mindtravelling into dark landscapes - dark feelings as well.

But i think that evil-satanic hateful motives&themes do not harmonize with the whole worldview of Psychedelic.

...or that is just my view...

but the spirit remains the same or better it should remain the same.

yeah, the first psy or goa track i heard was hallucinogen's -LSD, and I thought I was in *heaven*. Really! One cannot describe the feeling this track gave me :rolleyes:

too bad I'm still trying to find the subgenre I like. That's one of (my) biggest problems - (sub)genres... Everything has to be categorized. :angry:

so, yeah, I like a bit of every genre listed here. And I'm way past Skazi... that's me, my egocentrical me writing about me on the internet. to bad things like egocentrism exist... and offtopicisem...

I voted dark because I am tired of dark artists relying too much on blasting speakers and neglecting everything else (with some exceptions of course)

<_<

Guest D N H

The question should be: What couple of tracks from what psytrance sub-sub-genre do you tolerate?

yeah, the first psy or goa track i heard was hallucinogen's -LSD, and I thought I was in *heaven*. Really! One cannot describe the feeling this track gave me :rolleyes:

too bad I'm still trying to find the subgenre I like. That's one of (my) biggest problems - (sub)genres... Everything has to be categorized. :angry:

so, yeah, I like a bit of every genre listed here. And I'm way past Skazi... that's me, my egocentrical me writing about me on the internet. to bad things like egocentrism exist... and offtopicisem...

First of all let me explain that i express only myself, i do not speak on behalf of anyone else.

That is forum all about, expressing one's personal views and feelings.

For me either is old/new skool feelings, tech influences, dark landscapes, it is the essence that counts.

I never said that a release or a style is crap or stupid or shit or i hate...

Just it is a matter of distinction and differentiation.

i cud not belive that tender and beautiful flowers stick to dark psy , they say its powerful and pure psychedelic

i wonder y is that dark psy found so much response in womens hearts ..