Best ambient so far?

CeDeR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes ishq saying on his site that is new album is almost coming up,.. that was long time ago, since then no news i guess things didnt go as planned

I got a flyer from saiko sounds advertising a new matt hillier album. Well not new, kind of a retrospective of his 1990's work

Indigo Egg - Ixland

but I couldn't find any information on the internet. Very strange indeed.

lots of delayed albums these year, specially in the ambient section

I take this as a good sign. As long as they are working on the music instead of the art work or promotion ;)

yes idd!!! long live delays ;) quality muzic we want dammit ;):D

and so much cds yet to discover...let them take their sweet time...

about that new Ishq album : is the one under his Ishq name that is upcomming and i am not aware about?

or are you talking bout virtualworldcd003?

yes idd!!! long live delays ;) quality muzic we want dammit ;):D

and so much cds yet to discover...let them take their sweet time...

about that new Ishq album : is the one under his Ishq name that is upcomming and i am not aware about?

or are you talking bout virtualworldcd003?

The Indigo Egg - Ixland album is meant to be released on Celestial Dragon www.sonic-dragon.com but apart from listing the name as an artist they have no details. I just got a flyer with some artwork & a tracklist. The artwork is by quasga

due to the complete lack of information about this one on the internet though I wonder if I was accidentally sent that flyer too early :ph34r:

or mebbe its a perk for the ambient l33t

others may never know! :ph34r:

dont worry, most ppl are to busy looking at your avatar ... no time to actually read your posts ;)^_^

And I want to know wich one it is :ph34r:

I think it will be the latest Steve Roach

sample: http://www.steveroach.com/MP3/files/2126.mp3

since I like long, slowly evolving atmospheric (but not too minimal) music, I'm gonna love this one (again)

the second half of that sample is totally gorgeous....he has shaped his sound even further to perfection

I can't wait to listen to the whole piece

the guy is on a higher plane really...

I think it will be the latest Steve Roach

sample: http://www.steveroach.com/MP3/files/2126.mp3

since I like long, slowly evolving atmospheric (but not too minimal) music, I'm gonna love this one (again)

the second half of that sample is totally gorgeous....he has shaped his sound even further to perfection

I can't wait to listen to the whole piece

the guy is on a higher plane really...

Aight, sounds nice listening right now-mayeb then you like Evan Bartholomew - Borderland aswell? He has released another cd aswell called Caverns Of Time.

For me I just listened to Krusseldorf _ Smokers Lounge and I must say this is a contender for THE best 2007 ambient release. Placing an order asap!

It's sure is. Very clever cute little melodies in that one.

Yes now I am amazed, second listen and..yeah this album is freaggin!!! awesome, why do Swedish people make such great music? I dunno but I'm proud of being a swede!

This is really more than just best of 2007, this will be one of my top ambient fav albums ever I can tell already..

The Indigo Egg - Ixland album is meant to be released on Celestial Dragon www.sonic-dragon.com but apart from listing the name as an artist they have no details. I just got a flyer with some artwork & a tracklist. The artwork is by quasga

due to the complete lack of information about this one on the internet though I wonder if I was accidentally sent that flyer too early :ph34r:

No mistake on Sonic Dragon's part... lack of information is my fault.... just haven't got around to updating the website yet.:mellow: I designed and maintain the Sonic Dragon website. :P

This Indigo Egg release came about because Pete Pan and I (Quasga) thought it would be good for Matt to expose tracks that have been secretly available online for years from the virtual website in 320kbps or less MP3 format. Fortunately, Celestial Dragon was kind enough to put it out. :) It's all really chilled, relaxing music, and I'm glad it's findly taken shape in the form of a high-quality CD release.

But really, all you'll end up seeing at www.sonic-dragon.com when updated is what is on the flyer. I put that flyer postcard together. :) I also need to get my Distant System album "Spiral Empire" CDREC-12 up there as well. :lol: Did you get one of those promo postcards, as well, by chance?

Abasio, if I could make a small request - if you kindly cite me in the future, could you please list the URL as www.quasga.info ? I'd really apprecaite it and thank you for bringing any exposure my way. :D Thanks!!

Peace,

Quasga

Thanks damon. :lol: I think you're the only one who thinks so, but so glad your enjoying it.

I didn't realise it was out. It's not on psyshop or saikosounds, where can one hear it?

Well I assume we're lumping ambient with downtempo and chillout because most of these listed are not "purist" ambient that's for sure. Anyway, it's a vague genre with loose boundaries anyways. Here's my picks:

Shulman - Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart [2007 - Aleph Zero] !!!!!1!11

Sundial Aeon - Apotheosis [2007 - Flow]

Zer0 0ne - The Space Between Your Thoughts [2007 - Waveform]

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker Rewired [2007 - Dragonfly - 2CD]

Gel-sol - Unifactor [2007 - Upstairs]

Terra Nine - Strange Craft [2007 - Tempest]

VA - Chill On Ice Second Edition [2007 - Cosmicleaf]

VA - Devil In The Detail [2007 - Interchill]

There's many more that I would like to get my hands on but if I was made of money this wouldn't be a problem.

No mistake on Sonic Dragon's part... lack of information is my fault.... just haven't got around to updating the website yet.:mellow: I designed and maintain the Sonic Dragon website. :P

This Indigo Egg release came about because Pete Pan and I (Quasga) thought it would be good for Matt to expose tracks that have been secretly available online for years from the virtual website in 320kbps or less MP3 format. Fortunately, Celestial Dragon was kind enough to put it out. :) It's all really chilled, relaxing music, and I'm glad it's findly taken shape in the form of a high-quality CD release.

But really, all you'll end up seeing at www.sonic-dragon.com when updated is what is on the flyer. I put that flyer postcard together. :) I also need to get my Distant System album "Spiral Empire" CDREC-12 up there as well. :lol: Did you get one of those promo postcards, as well, by chance?

Abasio, if I could make a small request - if you kindly cite me in the future, could you please list the URL as www.quasga.info ? I'd really apprecaite it and thank you for bringing any exposure my way. :D Thanks!!

Peace,

Quasga

Sure, will do :D

Glad to know I wasn't imagining this release :)

By the way, I really like the artwork! Really psychedelic & not cheesy = me likes :D

Thanks damon. :lol: I think you're the only one who thinks so, but so glad your enjoying it.

It's surely to become buried under the sands of time soon enough. :blink:

I didn't realise it was out. It's not on psyshop or saikosounds, where can one hear it?

Yeah, I've been waiting for this one after caning the androcell albums I was excited to hear of another project :D But it never came to saiko sounds. I got the promo flyer but still can't buy it.

Coming this year?

Yeah, I've been waiting for this one after caning the androcell albums I was excited to hear of another project :D But it never came to saiko sounds. I got the promo flyer but still can't buy it.

Coming this year?

Next year according to author :)

I'm among the lucky mofos who received promo copy :)

It's surely to become buried under the sands of time soon enough. :blink:

I don't think so.

I know there are a lot of people who think/talk about your music in negative terms ... especially about "Spiral Emipre" and copying of "Ultimae sound".

Well ... I'm not one of them for sure.

This album grew on me especially after listening to it loud@home on my NAD system - MASSIVE.

That's all I can say again.

I have only 2 complaints (was going to send you an email with my review but will do it here hehe):

1. album is TOO SHORT - 64 mins? c'mon, you are capable of producing at least 1 (2 would be perfect) additional track

2. I'm missing tb303 sound - I think it could add more "psychedelic" feeling to this album

Otherwise it's perfect soundtrack for tripping@home or sci-fi movie or live gig around CHicago :)

\Peace