Anahata - Door To Avalon

and many many more ...

Not sure these are all 2007

Good choices though I never got into Discovery Channel

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBL is from 2006, best so far is Sync24 - latest Ultimae release and Anahata (Nystagmus side-project) also looks interesting.

I just heard Nystagmus's chill out side-project Anahata. Thanks for the mention. I wasn't aware it released already.

Samples: ... (I don't care for this style. It's nice but too soft and lacks beat even for chill out IMO)

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6466

Carbon Based Lifeform - Hydrophonic Garden ! The best for me,

Yea but that was from 2003 it says on saikosounds. Pretty good album tho. Intelligent and moody but very soft at times.

Samples

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=3438

• 4 months later...

Asura - Life²

Quite heavy beats at time, ambient trance

Sync24 - Source

Very soft beats, not beatless but very ambient

Intermittent Memories (Celestial Dragon)

Spacey weirdness almost ruined by 1 poor track & 1 out of place track but not quite

Midnight Soul Dive (Aleph Zero)

From smokey lounge music to floaty ambient it's very nice

Chillspresso 1: Dari Bali (Hypoespresso)

This is something different, loungy & sunny. Probably passed under everyone's radar but it's pretty good.

Khooman - ...Is a Flexible Liquid

Pretty Spacey, nothing amazing in any track but I keep listening to it :ph34r:

Chillspresso 1: Dari Bali (Hypoespresso)

This is something different, loungy & sunny. Probably passed under everyone's radar but it's pretty good.

I read damion's review so I bought it from pedrop, but I sincerely hated it. Really nothing I liked about this release.

So sorry for my aside answer, i should be drunk :) yes they are not 2007 release, sorry, my only release i listen is sync24, and yes it's good one, but i am checking anahata work , i didn't know it was nystagmus guy, how old is he when he released the first Anahata album, "Doors to Avalon" he was 18 year old or something in 2005 for the "Immaculate Perception" so in 2000 for the first anahata ? he was 13 years old ? there is a mistake nah ?

My favs

Asura - Life Squared

ChRonos - Step to the great knowledge

Anahata

Blue Lunar Monkey

Also did anyone hear this http://www.discogs.com/artist/Easily+Embarrassed

Check out their free EP here http://polaris.cardamar.com/MARP009/Easily...ardamar.com.zip

I dont know why Khooman is special. Its quiet dull and repetitive IMHO

VA - Ear Pleasure (Chill Tribe Records)

pretty decent all around mix. the first half is my favorite

Asura - Life Squared

This is the album that this year has blown my mind. You either love it or hate it though. At times it feels spacey and chill. At other times it feels like your in the final battle scene in The Lord of the Rings. Very epic.

Flooting Grooves - Upside Down

This one is okay. A little more lounge-sounding. Some reggae and driving basslines as well.

Haven't heard any exceptional chill this year :(

Anahata is quite good, new Shulman is pretty good, I think I liked Sundial Aeon the most this year from all the chillout.

A bit off topic but

What are your favourite chill releases from previous years? I'm asking as I think this has been a pretty good year for chill :ph34r:

A bit off topic but

What are your favourite chill releases from previous years? I'm asking as I think this has been a pretty good year for chill :ph34r:

Entheogenic s/t is my favourite chill release of all time. Asura - Lost Eden is absolutely fantastic. Spontaneous Illumination is great. I know it's not 'cool' but I love everything Shpongle has ever done. In search of meaningful moment was great too. Stress Assassin. The KLF - Chill Out. I think whatever Vibrasphere touches is gold and their chill tracks are out of this world.

If we are talking ambient then I guess pick any Ultimae artist but I don't like it anywhere near as much as the previously mentioned albums.

One of my favourite acts that has nothing to do with psy is Enigma and they have a ton of music that I can chill to :)

To think of it maybe this year the place of chill was taken over by prog for me. I find the slower proggy stuff very relaxing and it just seems to fit for me. When I want chillout I seem to be reaching for older albums because I don't remember anything from the recent stuff. I know every note of that first Entheogenic and in contrast I've listened to new Asura at least ten times and I don't remember a thing :(

Entheogenic s/t is my favourite chill release of all time. Asura - Lost Eden is absolutely fantastic. Spontaneous Illumination is great. I know it's not 'cool' but I love everything Shpongle has ever done. In search of meaningful moment was great too. Stress Assassin. The KLF - Chill Out. I think whatever Vibrasphere touches is gold and their chill tracks are out of this world.

If we are talking ambient then I guess pick any Ultimae artist but I don't like it anywhere near as much as the previously mentioned albums.

One of my favourite acts that has nothing to do with psy is Enigma and they have a ton of music that I can chill to :)

To think of it maybe this year the place of chill was taken over by prog for me. I find the slower proggy stuff very relaxing and it just seems to fit for me. When I want chillout I seem to be reaching for older albums because I don't remember anything from the recent stuff. I know every note of that first Entheogenic and in contrast I've listened to new Asura at least ten times and I don't remember a thing :(

All great choices, which I like too. Yet I still think that this year has had many great chill releases.

You said you can't remember a thing about Asura - Life2, do you mean you don't have the melodies stuck in your head afterwards or that there was nothing that caught your attention?

If it was the former, that's exactly what I like about electronic music most of it isn't catchy pop so doesn't buzz round your head for days & days & next time you hear it it still seems fresh. If you mean the latter then why have you listened to it 10 times? Something must have brought you back to it? Golgotha? I can't remember exactly how it goes but I remember my head melting :wub:

Weird how similar tastes vary so much isn't it?

All great choices, which I like too. Yet I still think that this year has had many great chill releases.

Well, I've never heard as many chill releases as this year I'll give you that :)

You said you can't remember a thing about Asura - Life2, do you mean you don't have the melodies stuck in your head afterwards or that there was nothing that caught your attention?

If it was the former, that's exactly what I like about electronic music most of it isn't catchy pop so doesn't buzz round your head for days & days & next time you hear it it still seems fresh. If you mean the latter then why have you listened to it 10 times? Something must have brought you back to it? Golgotha? I can't remember exactly how it goes but I remember my head melting :wub:

Weird how similar tastes vary so much isn't it?

Asura just didn't do it for me in any way. The albums I mentioned make me want to go back and listen to them over and over again. I give every album as much of a chance as I can, I hope that it would grow on me, that's why I listened to that record so many times. I know what Asura is capable of so he gets a very special treatment. Everyone seems to love golgotha but I have a strong background in dark ambient and black metal (which uses lots of symphonic intros like golgotha) and I've heard 'that' tune so many times before. For me it's nothing special. The production value is incredible but imho Summoning can do it a hundred times better, they will rip your heart out and serve it to you on a platter.

We do have similar tastes but there will obviously be stuff we disagree on, we come from different backgrounds and some things are just not going to click. I'm gonna go listen to Asura again, maybe 11 times is a charm :)

Great choices, very similar to mine, cant get enough of the first 2 Entheogenic albums.

And I am very passionately awaiting the new Entheogenic album :clapping:

abasio I think I got it :)

I don't like new Asura because it's not really a chill album. I listened to it attentively again and I realized that relaxing is not something that comes to mind while listening to it. Golgotha is a pompous orchestral work that does everything but relaxes me. Back to light is very electroish and once again not laid back at all. Galaxies is quite spacey but it bores me very quickly. This keeps going throughout the album, either too un-chill or too monotonous/ambienty. Last track is FANTASTIC! That's the Asura that I love. The last track is the only one on this record that puts me in my 'chill headspace' everything else either bores me or jolts me :)

abasio I think I got it :)

I don't like new Asura because it's not really a chill album. I listened to it attentively again and I realized that relaxing is not something that comes to mind while listening to it. Golgotha is a pompous orchestral work that does everything but relaxes me. Back to light is very electroish and once again not laid back at all. Galaxies is quite spacey but it bores me very quickly. This keeps going throughout the album, either too un-chill or too monotonous/ambienty. Last track is FANTASTIC! That's the Asura that I love. The last track is the only one on this record that puts me in my 'chill headspace' everything else either bores me or jolts me :)

It is a bit up & down. Personally I could do with out the heavy tracks. Or just take the beats out & calm them down. But I found that a small thing. Personally I love galaxies pt 1 & 2

Entheogenic s/t is my favourite chill release of all time.

Same here !