What headphones do you use?

Snapinho

Thats exactly why I bought them. I picked them up on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980397-0403...d/dp/B0009N5MDI B) What are you up to on saturday night? Me and a couple of buddies are going to differ ariake in odaiba for a Solstice party. I have to work on Sunday,but im still going.

I have early work on sunday. :(

However I am going to see Jikkenteki on Friday night if you're interested?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

relax, they are in a category called "reference" headphones. Manufacturers call it that way, reviewers call it that way and it refers to the specific application they are made for. Hell it says "reference headphones" on the cans themselves. I did not make this up so I don't know where your "YOU vs us" bitching is coming from. I did not claim they are the only reference headphones in the world, nor did I claim they are the absolute best. It's true most reviewers, listeners and audiophiles alike will qualify them as one of the best commercially worldwide produced headphones. That is a fact and if you don't believe me do some research for yourself.

if AKG and reviews call them reference is completely irrelevent to me. Sennheiser HD600 has also been a reference headphone and I didn't think it was all that special. I'm just saying it's all a matter of taste, regardless of price or if the product has an aura of exclusiveness.

if AKG and reviews call them reference is completely irrelevent to me. Sennheiser HD600 has also been a reference headphone and I didn't think it was all that special. I'm just saying it's all a matter of taste, regardless of price or if the product has an aura of exclusiveness.

Isn't that what I said here before:

To each their own I guess. I prefer to have accurate and detailed sound in my headphones without any artificial colouring. Your headphones are good but cannot compete with 701's in this regard.

When I want to rock it loud I prefer a good speaker system, and by "good" I don't mean $300-400 but $3000-4000 speaker system. I also value my ears and I'm not willing to lose my hearing by rockin' it in my headphones. I'm fortunate enough to have 701's and a nice speaker system so I don't have to choose between the two.

Your situation and preferences may be different so like I said to each their own.

and then yossi agreed with me:

Totally agree with you

different tastes then

Did you read that?

I have early work on sunday. :(

However I am going to see Jikkenteki on Friday night if you're interested?

When you come, say "Mixi de mita". There is a discount for people who came through seeing it on Mixi (mikushi- in proper Japanese pronunciation) :)

When you come, saw "Mixi de mita". There is a discog for people who came through seeing it on Mixi (mikushi- in proper Japanese pronunciation) :)

Took a while to figure this one out :lol:

I saw it on Mixi gets me a discount. Cool, although it's pretty cheap anyway :)

Took a while to figure this one out :lol:

I saw it on Mixi gets me a discount. Cool, although it's pretty cheap anyway :)

Ummm.... no no, someone with have a sign saying "Mixi de mita" hidden somewhere and the person who finds it gets a free discogs account.. yeah, that's it.... :blink:

Ummm.... no no, someone with have a sign saying "Mixi de mita" hidden somewhere and the person who finds it gets a free discogs account.. yeah, that's it.... :blink:

Okay, I'll do that too ;)

senheiser HD 280 Silver

:posford: Posted Image :posford:

quite ok i can say.. a bit plastic but they do their job :)

i've just read there is something crazy.. sennheiser made some headphones retailing around 290 to 350 eur (on diff websites) that sound differently according to the kind of noise u have around, they have a microphone, "listen" the noise around you and adjust the sound accordingly and probably the volume too.. LOL.. intelligent headphones!!

Sennheiser PXC 450

Posted Image

:drama:

Technics RP DJ1210

Posted Image

I've got a pair of those too, the sound really is amazing but since I don't want to wear such big headphones for walks and stuff I've just bought bought a pair of these:

Posted Image

I have the black version of the headphones picture above. Not only do they look cool but the sound quality is also very good (I'm using them this very moment). Me happy!

I've got a pair of those too, the sound really is amazing but since I don't want to wear such big headphones for walks and stuff I've just bought bought a pair of these:

Posted Image

I have the black version of the headphones picture above. Not only do they look cool but the sound quality is also very good (I'm using them this very moment). Me happy!

Yo Tatsu, have you ever listened to those Sony MDR-EX70's?

http://arch.pconline.com.cn/digital/textli...807_EX71_07.jpg

And if yes, what are the differences with those in-ears that you have?

They look kinda cool ^_^

Yo Tatsu, have you ever listened to those Sony MDR-EX70's?

http://arch.pconline.com.cn/digital/textli...807_EX71_07.jpg

And if yes, what are the differences with those in-ears that you have?

They look kinda cool ^_^

No, I haven't. Those are actually the first in-ears I've ever bought. :)

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

my creative plugs died on me yesterday and was thinking of ordering these as replacements, what do you think of them?

already bought a pair of sony mdr v250's though since i was planning on getting some regular headphones anyway :)

Posted Image

in studio: AKG K240 Studio

Posted Image

My brother has those, and I tried them and didn't like them. They have a muffled and a bit thin sound.

I use rather cheapo Sennheiser HD-200's. They have a dip at midrange response, which I hate, but they have a crisp fullbodied sound and an OK bass. Besides they are very durable and can take a lot of punishment.