What headphones do you use?

Snapinho

DJing & Home listening - Sennheiser HD500. They are crap. Really. Sometimes you can hear a wrong bass note! WTF!

Posted Image

For my portable player I use Sennheiser CX300 which are excellent:

Posted Image

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo senn peepz, just posting to let you know that you can increase the quality of the sound by replacing the steel cable with the copper one. Also you can increase the comfort (optional) by getting valour pads.

greets,

appa

(PS: I really don't know why I made this kind of post)

Beyerdynamic DT990

i like the 701 very much for it's detailed presentation and crisp mids and highs

but their bass is just too lean for me.

well they are open headphones that don't try to overwhelm your ear with sound.

Instead they try to reproduce it accurately. That's why it's called a "reference" headphone".

I'd rather increase my bass on the equalizer if I need more of it then have headphones with

already "coulored" sound.

701 is a phone suited for calm people

listening to it i can calmly get lost in the music and go to sleep

when i get back home from work i want to rock out and thats where 990 superior in this price levels together with the ultrasone 2500

though they suit any kind of music and perform very well at low volume also

Yo senn peepz, just posting to let you know that you can increase the quality of the sound by replacing the steel cable with the copper one. Also you can increase the comfort (optional) by getting valour pads.

greets,

appa

(PS: I really don't know why I made this kind of post)

did you perform these changes yourself? would you mind providing the specific product names?... my left pad teared recently and i have been wanting to change the cable for a longer version since i got these. i know you can ordered them online on the sen-site though

cheers :)

when i get back home from work i want to rock out

That's what speakers are for. No headphone in the world will ever come close to a good speaker system when you want it

loud and feel the punch.

Rocking in your headphones is a good way to go deaf. Just ask countless careless DJ's that lost their hearing.

there was some sort of investigation by scientists or whoever that was, that listening to music at <50% volume level wont hurt your ears. tho, they mentioned that it works on all player, which i have doubts about - some of them are louder, some not, even pc has different volume level <_<

Posted Image

I picked these up about a month ago. They are wireless, and once charged last up to eight hours. I use them for my ipod and they have a distance of 30 ft. away from the actual music device that you are using. The sound is decent. I did read several peoples reviews that said they broke or snapped after a few months of owning them, but I have had no problems yet.

where did you buy these? They look perfect for exercising.

did you perform these changes yourself? would you mind providing the specific product names?... my left pad teared recently and i have been wanting to change the cable for a longer version since i got these. i know you can ordered them online on the sen-site though

cheers :)

Nah, but I want to as soon as my exams are finished. The valour pads you can get via various sites like this one, but you can search via goggle ofcourse.

There are a few options for replacing the cable, like replacing the stock cable from sennheiser with the one from a HD-595. I don't know which suits you the best, but you can always look around on head-fi.org forums, where there is plenty of info.

You can also read that the replacement of the cable really improves the quality of the sound (as they state).

:)

Having a good speaker system would eventually go to waste because of family and neighbours.

You can't go wrong having headphones at the same price of speakers and 10 times the value.

To each their own I guess. I prefer to have accurate and detailed sound in my headphones without any artificial colouring. Your headphones are good but cannot compete with 701's in this regard.

When I want to rock it loud I prefer a good speaker system, and by "good" I don't mean $300-400 but $3000-4000 speaker system. I also value my ears and I'm not willing to lose my hearing by rockin' it in my headphones. I'm fortunate enough to have 701's and a nice speaker system so I don't have to choose between the two.

Your situation and preferences may be different so like I said to each their own.

To each their own I guess. I prefer to have accurate and detailed sound in my headphones without any artificial colouring. Your headphones are good but cannot compete with 701's in this regard.

When I want to rock it loud I prefer a good speaker system, and by "good" I don't mean $300-400 but $3000-4000 speaker system. I also value my ears and I'm not willing to lose my hearing by rockin' it in my headphones. I'm fortunate enough to have 701's and a nice speaker system so I don't have to choose between the two.

Your situation and preferences may be different so like I said to each their own.

Totally agree with you

different tastes then

well they are open headphones that don't try to overwhelm your ear with sound.

Instead they try to reproduce it accurately. That's why it's called a "reference" headphone".

I'd rather increase my bass on the equalizer if I need more of it then have headphones with

already "coulored" sound.

and who calls it a reference headphone? if you think they are the best headphones then it's a reference for YOU, but maybe not for us other.

where did you buy these? They look perfect for exercising.

Thats exactly why I bought them. I picked them up on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980397-0403...d/dp/B0009N5MDI B) What are you up to on saturday night? Me and a couple of buddies are going to differ ariake in odaiba for a Solstice party. I have to work on Sunday,but im still going.

Nah, but I want to as soon as my exams are finished. The valour pads you can get via various sites like this one, but you can search via goggle ofcourse.

There are a few options for replacing the cable, like replacing the stock cable from sennheiser with the one from a HD-595. I don't know which suits you the best, but you can always look around on head-fi.org forums, where there is plenty of info.

You can also read that the replacement of the cable really improves the quality of the sound (as they state).

:)

cheers, will look into it

and who calls it a reference headphone? if you think they are the best headphones then it's a reference for YOU, but maybe not for us other.

relax, they are in a category called "reference" headphones. Manufacturers call it that way, reviewers call it that way and it refers to the specific application they are made for. Hell it says "reference headphones" on the cans themselves. I did not make this up so I don't know where your "YOU vs us" bitching is coming from. I did not claim they are the only reference headphones in the world, nor did I claim they are the absolute best. It's true most reviewers, listeners and audiophiles alike will qualify them as one of the best commercially worldwide produced headphones. That is a fact and if you don't believe me do some research for yourself.