What headphones do you use?

Snapinho

Know what you mean, but they're not that bad. Actually, they're the best small ear-plugs in that price range :)

Besides, in work I got only mp3s of my stuff ripped at 192k (to save space) from my laptop, so I do not really need top-of-the-shelve gear to listen to it

:)

I was thinking of this today listening to my ipod through my pioneer headphones. Even on mp3, through these headphones I can hear every little detail (it seems) even though it should all have magically disappeared as it's mp3. You definately need a top listening device if you want to appreciate the quality of your CDs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

I was thinking of this today listening to my ipod through my pioneer headphones. Even on mp3, through these headphones I can hear every little detail (it seems) even though it should all have magically disappeared as it's mp3. You definately need a top listening device if you want to appreciate the quality of your CDs

But I do appreciate the full quality of my CDs - at home.

I use headphones at work, so obviously I can't be thinking all the time about picking up details - I have to work ;):D

But I do appreciate the full quality of my CDs - at home.

I use headphones at work, so obviously I can't be thinking all the time about picking up details - I have to work ;):D

My sound systems at home are pretty decent but don't compare to a decent set of headphones. You must have some kick ass shit yeah?

Or maybe it's because I concentrate more with headphones :unsure:

wots ya home system abasio ? to where u plug ya great phones ?

I have the yamaha surround sound home cinema system.

The headphones go right into the mixer!

my weapons of choice:

primary weapon:

SONY MDR-V150

Posted Image

They offer quite good sound for low price (the twice as expensive foldable successor (in silver) uses same speakers!) ... it's not brilliant, but really quite good and has power. I love them. They are handy for everything: going for a walk, going shopping, going running, listening at home in front of the pc, fitting for all kinds of styles of music ... the perfect allround weapon!

secondary weapon:

AKG K-55

Posted Image

The heavier weapon. Has much better sound than the small Sony's, but they are quite bulky and the cable is far too long to carry them around handy. I like to use them for evening ambient listening sessions on my stereo. But they are good for all kinds of music. AKG quality. Not as superior as their more expensive models, but I love them. Have 'em probably already 6 years. Very reliable. The good old heavy cannon for home sound battles.

backup weapon:

PHILIPS SBCHP550

Posted Image

My favourite weapon, but I have overused with running and the foam has gotten sweaty and worn and old. They fit tight and that makes you sweat much under them which makes them not handy for sports. But the sound was very good for sports - rich in bass, good deep frequencies. Not that good for highs or ambient though. But perfect for the right music. These have become my ETNOSCOPE headphones! They really are good for this deep warm earthly kick and bass. A good and reliable weapon for the right moments.

im rather sure these are pure shit, my brother have them, ive listened to music through them few times, and all i can say is that they have shit sound, you just cant listen to music in those, its that shit :P better buy yourself a better ones, youre torturing yourself and missing out, its like listening to 96kbps mp3 or smthn :D

Posted Image

id say they are ok, probably atleast better than some philips i used to own and better than hp200 :)

in reviews its said that they are boosting bass a bit, so that could be probably the only minus for "authentic" listening :D

they do have quite nice bass response :)

:lol: yeah I know they r really shit, especially after taking them out for a few nights :lol: never use them at home!

I will invest when the time is right and the stars a aligned correctly! One day!

I work in a DJ shop and the headphones we get the most for reparation are those overpriced Pioneer HDJ1000's. They sound pretty good but they are so fragile. Also we have lots of problems with tose Stanton DJ 3000 headphones, something bad with the cable.

I will definately not recommend those for my brother then. He breaks everything he touches! Even manges to break CDs (he is not allowed near any of mine :lol:) but for me they are fine. I somehow manage not to break things.

Posted Image

I picked these up about a month ago. They are wireless, and once charged last up to eight hours. I use them for my ipod and they have a distance of 30 ft. away from the actual music device that you are using. The sound is decent. I did read several peoples reviews that said they broke or snapped after a few months of owning them, but I have had no problems yet.

Posted Image

I picked these up about a month ago. They are wireless, and once charged last up to eight hours. I use them for my ipod and they have a distance of 30 ft. away from the actual music device that you are using. The sound is decent. I did read several peoples reviews that said they broke or snapped after a few months of owning them, but I have had no problems yet.

They look alright. I was thinking of getting some small headphones & an ipod nano for exercising. Might look into these.

People that break headphones on the ones that break everything they touch. I'm sure if you are not ultra clumsy they'll be fine!

Posted Image

AKG K701

Phenomenal, rich and detailed sound.

Me too. On my head as we speak. My only complaint is that the headband leaves somewhat painful impressions on my head after long use, but that's probably because I buzz my hair.

And then I have a pair of AKG K-81-DJs for portable use:

Posted Image

And then the ol' Sennheiser 280pros for back-up.

Posted Image

best quality sound for dj'ing i've ever heard in a pair of headphones (the bass is boosted slightly). very well built, i had my last pair for nearly 4 years and they went all over the world with me in my backpack when travelling.

anyway, i liked them so much i bought the same again when my last pair died.

the only disadvantage, as snaphino said about the technics, is they are not built for prolonged, continuous listening and get uncomfortable if worn for a long time.

i wouldn't touch sennheisers with a 10 meter pole after having these, as they sound soooo tinny in comparison.

I have a pair of Sony MDR-V700's. They are pretty good. They retail for about £90/£100.

Ive had them for a year now and they are still mint.

Posted Image

I also have this one too, for bit over a year

They are nice, do their job ok, but I have 2 problems with it.. first, after a while my ears start hurting... and second, their sound doesnt sound too... hmmm.. how can I describe it.. organic? It sounds a bit plasticky.. can´t describe it better..

but since I have no money right now for smt else, Im happy with them... its not like im a music professional anyways.. :)

Posted Image

I myself use the Sennheisers HD-25... have got two of them atm. Really good, haven't found any better to dj with yet.

And also at home I use the Sennheiser HD-202:s. They are just very comfortable to listen with.

:o Sweet, looks expensive though

Yes, they are expensive, but worth every penny I think.

It's the latest and the best AKG model made to use for monitoring and mastering applications.

Here;s what they say on the AKG site about them:

HOME » HEADPHONES » K 701

Mastering

Monitoring

Revolutionary flat-wire voice coil technology

Patented AKG Varimotion ultra-precision two-layer diaphragm

Self-adjusting cushioned genuine-leather headband

Bi-wiring, high-performance cable with 1/4" jack plug

Comfortable, specially shaped "3D-Form" ear pads

Complete with stylish storage cradle

Individually tested and numbered

Whether you prefer the holistic approach or like to listen analytically, the K 701 will turn perception into pure enjoyment.

AKG is the first manufacturer in the world to use revolutionary flat-wire technology in headphones, namely, the K 701. The result is a truly dramatic sound that places every musician at their correct location with pinpoint accuracy. This kind of agility, spaciousness, brilliant highs, and velvety, punchy bass is simply miraculous.

These superlative open-back dynamic headphones provide an outstandingly accurate sound and excellent imaging. Try the K 701 and find out what ingenious headphone engineering can do for you.

http://akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id...anguage,EN.html

Sennheiser HD25-1 for obvious reasons. Though I'm having minor comfort issues with them + I have to replace the steel cable with a copper one and then the fun begins :)

In my dreams (and at the same time for my dreams) I want to head out for something different:

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/we3newtrdrea.html

Sleepy sleepy will be achieved very nicely :)

Though not with HD25, cause they suck in bed :wank:

Posted Image

SPECS:

Short description:

Foldable, closed-back professional headphones with

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound

Free demo-CD enclosed

Technical specifications:

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound System

Reduced magnetic field emissions

LE standard (LE= Low Emission)

Dynamic principle

Frequency range 10 Hz - 22.000 Hz

Impedance 64 Ohm

Sound pressure level 103 dB

Driver 50 mm Mylar

Coiled cord: length > 3m

3,5/6,3 mm gold-plated plug

Weight LE 265 g (without cord)

Long-term spare parts availability

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound

Through the S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound the usual headphone sound will be moved out of the head in the room around you. The sound is no longer locked in, but appears broad and detached. Directions and distances can be heard and perceived - it’s just like being in a live concert.

For this new technology additional equipment is not required. A pair

of ULTRASONE headphones plus your sound device and you will be

ready for the 3-dimensional music enjoyment!

Safer hearing

In addition, the DJ1 is easy on the ears: The S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound System allows an up to 40% lower dB output (3-4 dB) for the same loudness sensation, thereby the risk of hearing defects may be reduced enormously.

Reduced magnetic field emissions

Like all ULTRASONE headphones, the DJ1 has a strongly reduced radiation. The standard version LE (= Low Emission) offers a reduction of up to 60% in comparison with ordinary headphones.

It is certified and recommended by Technical Surveillance Organi-

sations and Consumer Advice Centers with certified low magnetic field emissions.

Character

The sound has been tested by DJs and competitors and proved as the best in the whole DJ-sector. With its black & white outfit it glows slightly in the UV-lights of discotheques and the DJ1-logo is recognizable where ever it shows up. For the needs of DJs it is most important to deal with S-Logic™ headphones considering safer hearing aspects.

Its robustness in addition to the Natural Surround Sound System makes the DJ1 to one of the most demanded headphones in the this sector. With its particularly efficient 50 mm Mylar electro acoustical driver these headphones are especially designed for DJs. As a result of the high efficiency they produce an impressive sound pressure even with a high environmental sound intensity. Furthermore they are made for high power input. Thanks to its closed construction, external noise is suppressed.

ULTRASONE implemented the function which enables you to fold back and up the individual earpiece without having to remove the headphones from your head. Due to this folding mechanism these headphones can be compactly stored and easily transported in a suitcase.

Beyerdynamic DT990

Posted Image

+ Headphone Amplifier - Aqua Head (Made In Israel)

Posted Image

A Perfect pair of cans for electronic

i preferred them over K701 and Sennheiser HD-650

i like the 701 very much for it's detailed presentation and crisp mids and highs

but their bass is just too lean for me.