What headphones do you use?

Snapinho

Technics RP DJ1210

Posted Image

As the name says, they're dj-headphones and brilliant at it. They close off the outer world really good, sound is great and I have to lower the volume down almost always when I'm playing after someone else. Meaning, their headphones suck compared to mine .. ;) Or maybe their ears are fucked already... but really, I bought mine after having used Supergroover's a few times and I can't see I regret it.

Except... these days I'm working behing my computer quite a lot, in the library, and after listening to music for longer than maybe an hour and a half, my ears get hot and painful and I have to lay em down for a while. So, not as good for listening but definitely great for dj-ing!

What's your weapon of choice and why? Just out of curiosity ...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with in-ear headphones is they hurt and won't fit. They really never do. Can't stand em.

When I'm on the run I don't use my big headphones either, I've got these cheap ones you put over the shell of your ear and stick behind your ear. Kinda like this one, but then seperate ones for each ear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

got these... did only cost me around 10 euros

and yes they are not that good but its all about priority, and with my budget I would rather use my money on buying releases, but wished I could afford some prober ear-"beefs" though :P

Maybe when I get a job some day!?

Posted Image

best quality sound for dj'ing i've ever heard in a pair of headphones (the bass is boosted slightly). very well built, i had my last pair for nearly 4 years and they went all over the world with me in my backpack when travelling.

anyway, i liked them so much i bought the same again when my last pair died.

the only disadvantage, as snaphino said about the technics, is they are not built for prolonged, continuous listening and get uncomfortable if worn for a long time.

i wouldn't touch sennheisers with a 10 meter pole after having these, as they sound soooo tinny in comparison.

Technics RP DJ1210

Posted Image

after listening to music for longer than maybe an hour and a half, my ears get hot and painful and I have to lay em down for a while. So, not as good for listening but definitely great for dj-ing!

^

this is my headphone system: Beyerdynamic DT880 connected to a Meier-Audio Corda Arietta headphone amplifier, which is normally fed by a cd-player, but in rare occasion also radio, computer and turntable. the black amp on the picture (Rega Ear) is sold.

Posted Image

this is my headphone system: Beyerdynamic DT880 connected to a Meier-Audio Corda Arietta headphone amplifier, which is normally fed by a cd-player, but in rare occasion also radio, computer and turntable. the black amp on the picture (Rega Ear) is sold.

Posted Image

:o *drool*

I myself use these:

Posted Image

AKG K141 Very nice, detailed sound and very confortable, ideal for home listening but not for DJ'ing because they are open.

Nothing compares to these for DJ'ing: Sennheiser HD 25. The loudest you can get.

Posted Image

I'm saving up to buy a pair soon

Posted Image

got these... did only cost me around 10 euros

and yes they are not that good but its all about priority, and with my budget I would rather use my money on buying releases, but wished I could afford some prober ear-"beefs" though :P

Maybe when I get a job some day!?

im rather sure these are pure shit, my brother have them, ive listened to music through them few times, and all i can say is that they have shit sound, you just cant listen to music in those, its that shit :P better buy yourself a better ones, youre torturing yourself and missing out, its like listening to 96kbps mp3 or smthn :D

Posted Image

id say they are ok, probably atleast better than some philips i used to own and better than hp200 :)

in reviews its said that they are boosting bass a bit, so that could be probably the only minus for "authentic" listening :D

they do have quite nice bass response :)

i got philips hp 195 , pretty cheap , only 10 bucks , good for PC

tryied many but they all was souding worse then my ancient technics 350 wich i screwd up

senheizer mx 200 is the worse phones i eva had lol , mx 500 much better :lol:

u shud not pay much attention to the price thou , it doesn mean if u pay alot for some expansve ones u wont get some terrebly sounded shit

For mixing I use Pioneer HDJ-1000

Posted Image

The sound quality is fantastic but fuck they are painful on the ears (lobes) when worn for long periods of time.

So when I'm out & about I use Sony Noise Cancelling

Posted Image

These fit over my huge ears & never hurt even when being worn for upto a day :) Sound from the outside doesn't penetrate but the little noises in Ambient etc is not quite as good as the pioneeers!

Sennheiser MX200

Posted Image

I'd look stupid in work with full-sized head gear :rolleyes:

I look fucking ridiculous in mine mate! Still, the sound is more important to me. And there are no chavs to listen out for here :D

Posted Image

These are the best pair you can get for your money. They sound decent and are practically indestructable because they are flexible. And they cost only about 50€.

I work in a DJ shop and the headphones we get the most for reparation are those overpriced Pioneer HDJ1000's. They sound pretty good but they are so fragile. Also we have lots of problems with tose Stanton DJ 3000 headphones, something bad with the cable.

These are the best pair you can get for your money. They sound decent and are practically indestructable because they are flexible. And they cost only about 50€.

I work in a DJ shop and the headphones we get the most for reparation are those overpriced Pioneer HDJ1000's. They sound pretty good but they are so fragile. Also we have lots of problems with tose Stanton DJ 3000 headphones, something bad with the cable.

i fucked up mines cords where the plugs are quite fast, so i just connected cords directly, ie, cut off those plugs and soldered wires :D other than that, indeed, they are quite durable, i have mine for like 2 years, ive also blasted music very loudly thourgh them, much louder than it would be recommended, and they still dont usually rattle :lol: oh and they were cheap indeed, for their price they are rather good, and they still cost as much as they did back when i bought then, as much as i know.

ive also blasted music very loudly thourgh them, much louder than it would be recommended.

lol i guess u wasnt wearin them while u were doin it lol

Guest antic

I look fucking ridiculous in mine mate! Still, the sound is more important to me. And there are no chavs to listen out for here :D

Know what you mean, but they're not that bad. Actually, they're the best small ear-plugs in that price range :)

Besides, in work I got only mp3s of my stuff ripped at 192k (to save space) from my laptop, so I do not really need top-of-the-shelve gear to listen to it

:)