talamasca - obsessive ... ?

exotic

i believe he is releasing a double cd .. one his own tracks and the other as a collaboration with other artists eg skazi , gms eskimo shagma ! :clapping:

will talamasca give us something that he is quite capable of delivering (good dark/melodic trance) . . or will he join forces with the infected brigade ?

what are your views :unsure:

edit : the double album is called obsessive dream :ph34r:

edit 2 : judging by what i heard yday , i wasnt too impressed <_<

From what I've heard I can say the following:

I really like the first CD, it's melodic full-on with a very trancey feeling to it. I like it a lot and the tracks are (imho of course) way better than for example the Made In Trance album and the Mindcontroller compilations. I'm not yet too impressed by the second disc, the track with Space Cat is awesome, the rest is just so-so. I haven't heard the full release so my opinion might change but so far I'm pretty convinced I will buy this release since I really like the tracks on the first CD.

I already own this album and I have to say that I love it. The first disc flows perfectly together with simple, but yet powerful melodies. The second comp. disc is really good with the Spacecat, and Shagma tracks being my favorites. And oh yeah I cant forget the only ambient track here by Yuman. Perfect ending. On the other hand I played this album for my friend who has been listening to trance music for alot longer than me and he was disgusted, and thought it was a joke. Maybe I still have a childs ear when it comes to psytrance, or everybody has their own opinion. All I know is what I like and that I like this. B)

Guest The Journey Man Project

I love Talamasca simply because he makes cheesy full on sound good... Mind Control records gets the crowd going, even if they're not into trance, it lifts the mood and brings a smile... this cd sounds to me itis along those lines and I will there forebuy it for sure :clapping: :posford: :clapping:

I bought this a few weeks ago and commented on it then, but to recap, I rather like the majority of it. I am sure a bunch of people will hate it for whatever reasons, but I think Talamasca's been on the top of his game for what he does (i.e. make banging tunes for the dancefloor) lately. Basically if you liked tracks like Overload, then you will like it I think. There are a couple of tracks that aren't entirely my cup of tea, but he still manages to make something good out of them. Like many I didn't have much expectation-wise for the second disc, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

Guest Cosmogenesis
Yes, indeed, Talamasca gives an mp3 version of his album for FREE, it looks like a small revolution in the music industry. I discovered the reasons of his choice on a french forum tonight, and he has pretty good arguments to justify it. In the future, he thinks that the artists will live mostly of their live performances, shows, gigs, etc ... which will be promoted by the free digital downloads. As for the cds themselves, according to him, they will maybe start to disappear little by little to let the place to a new kind of material/digital support with higher capacity and possibility.

Yes, indeed, Talamasca gives an mp3 version of his album for FREE, it looks like a small revolution in the music industry. I discovered the reasons of his choice on a french forum tonight, and he has pretty good arguments to justify it. In the future, he thinks that the artists will live mostly of their live performances, shows, gigs, etc ... which will be promoted by the free digital downloads. As for the cds themselves, according to him, they will maybe start to disappear little by little to let the place to a new kind of material/digital support with higher capacity and possibility.

I think the reason for this move is very apparent. Piracy has almost driven the psy music industry to the wall and hence the realisation that nothing is going to come out of cd sales so focus on gigs / live sets to make money. Get the music out to the masses and draw in crowds that way for gigs. I could just see this coming ., but im not too sure how many artists are going to follow talamasca'a example. Clever move anyway :)

It's a great double CD, I'll buy it when it comes out here. MP3 promotion does work :)

+1

I like the album the longer the better!

i guess it really doesnt matter much if you give it away yourself or let psycz, mycel or those bunch do it for you. In the first instance it will look alot nicer if you do it yourself and the effect is the same.. everybody will have the album in mp3.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think that any other media exept optical disk may deliver superior quality of sound comparing with digital downloads

even so with Lestats move , music industry can make a great step forward