HWhat is NeuroTrance?!

NEMO.BOFH

OK.

So as far as I know, neurotrance, or simply what has started to be known as 'Neuro' was a term coined by a few friends of mine who are living down in Asheville, NC who were in search of another means of describing the music they are into...i.e. 'darkpsy', or in New York "psy-stomp" or what our friends on the west coast of the US had started calling "Trauma Trance".

OH MY good for you. YOUR FRIENDS COINING THE TERM. HISTORY BEING WRITTEN. GOTTA GRAB MY DIARY AND MAKE A BIG NOTE...

i just hope for your sake that you checked with the patent office so nobody else would take advantage of your rightful property. of course it seems you didnt come up with it directly so you can only patent "my freinds coining the term" event. then you can print it on BIG stickers and also make some t-shirts with that... which would be really "cool" you know.

if we would be rational the first would come the argument about taking a absurd possesion of language...

...plus there are also about 7 billion ppl on this planet and some of them related to psy-trance. do you really think that noone thought about this "term" long before some of your friends did?

and ultimately before all of this comes argument about "pigeonholing"...

etc etc...

OH MY good for you. YOUR FRIENDS COINING THE TERM. HISTORY BEING WRITTEN. GOTTA GRAB MY DIARY AND MAKE A BIG NOTE...

i just hope for your sake that you checked with the patent office so nobody else would take advantage of your rightful property. of course it seems you didnt come up with it directly so you can only patent "my freinds coining the term" event. then you can print it on BIG stickers and also make some t-shirts with that... which would be really "cool" you know.

if we would be rational the first would come the argument about taking a absurd possesion of language...

...plus there are also about 7 billion ppl on this planet and some of them related to psy-trance. do you really think that noone thought about this "term" long before some of your friends did?

etc etc...

:blink:<_<

etc etc...

YIKES! semantics semantics..... :blink:

Wasn't claiming any ownership to the term, or stating any opinion of my own on the subject...only saying thats where I first heard it from and trying to explain the best I could the music people sometimes refer to as Neuro.

go :wank: elsewhere my friend.... :lol:

YIKES! semantics semantics..... :blink:

Wasn't claiming any ownership to the term, or stating any opinion of my own on the subject...only saying thats where I first heard it from and trying to explain the best I could the music people sometimes refer to as Neuro.

go :wank: elsewhere my friend.... :lol:

oh my, i was being sarcastic. a little humor pls. maybe i meant seriously the thing with "pigeonholing" but thats like it...

to elaborate a bit. i've seen quite a lot of internet disscusions about all these genres and all the ppl involved take it too seriously imo. in the end you could also say "those low and high frequency vibrations in air are killar"... and then dissect it endlessly without any gain.

lauryn isnt being nice <_<

:wub::wub: ...what's that you say?

oh my, i was being sarcastic. a little humor pls. maybe i meant seriously the thing with "pigeonholing" but thats like it...

to elaborate a bit. i've seen quite a lot of internet disscusions about all these genres and all the ppl involved take it too seriously imo.

no worries :rolleyes: i don't personally use the term as a way of describing this music myself....

i don't think its so much a question of "pigeonholing" a genre, but more simply a means of describing the sound, which of course, everyone has their own interpretation of.

This reminds me of all the different names for Hardcore/Gabber they "invented" over the years..

Speedcore, Doomcore, Happy Hardcore, Transcore, Terrorcore...Imverycoolcore, Impickingmynosecore etc..

:lol: :wank:

Its funny to see this same conversation show up on the N. American psy mailing list, so I thought i'd post some of the descriptions here...

Neuro is the east coast slang for Trauma trance.. it's the

same thing, just called different on the other side of the country... :)

The thing is, everyone's getting caught up in the speed war, not

really my cup of tea, but if people are making 170 + shit, I could

probably get away with 1 or 2 over 150... Hell, I've got a couple with some us

friends here that are 161 & 166... They don't get played too often, but

if ever the need happens where it will fit, I'll play it... the thing is

you never know what people will respond to unless you feel them out.

Oh and the reason people refer to it as Neuro trance was taken from

Suria's Dark Side of the Sun cd. The second disk was supposed to be this

cutting edge neurotrance, as it was promoted.... listening to it again recently,

it really didn't have anything in common with what is now being

interpreted under that name. I think also a russian comp called it that too...

~~~~~

I find it funny that everyone keeps thinking up names for this

stuff..... I always called it the hard shit, or aggressive nightime music... of

course there's varying degrees of hard... but for the most part it's pretty

much very very different then what Chemical Crew is releasing or has

released... I find a lot of what you guys refer to as neuro or trauma trance or

whatever it'll be called next week to have a little more chaoticness than your

typical ask and answer big melody riff stuff... Maybe the focus is more

toward frequencies than than melody, but I'd say that if you really

want to look into the differential of these musics, you need to go to an event

where you can actually hear whats going on and feel why they are different...

~~~~~

I have never heard of "Neuro" trance. "Trauma", yes. I'm sure they're kinda the same thing. Pretty much most of the San Francisco producers create this style of music. It seems that Alien Mental, Xyla and others seem to hover around 150bpm, if not faster. I've heard Xyla play a song that she grinned and told me was, "172!" Hardcore, psycore, same thing basically. When you get into speed territories like that, me no likey. In my old age, I've slowed down to like MAXIMUM 147bpm, and I like slow all the way to ambient. No hip hop tho. ;) Mubali and Ghreg on Earth (imo) seem to steer clear of this trend (but maybe not, I haven't heard them in a while), and focus on dark, hard stuff. Mubali is amazing for nighttime hard music, and Ghreg is likened to Industrial music (the good ol' stuff, not the new bastardization of Industrial that is basically cybertrance).

~~~~~

Try This for Trauma

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/moe/moe1cd002.html

and these for Neuro

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ime/ime1cd011.html

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ava/ava1cd039.html

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dej/dej2cd005.html

And yes it does seem to get faster and faster, some would even call it

psycore

~~~~~

triplag.com usually has pretty seriously slamming mixes streaming

as far as neuro goes, the definition is really vague i think... dark

was the name it had previously but then it got faster. a couple times.

~~~~~

Chemical Crew has very little to do with the so-called dark "neuro" trance, it's testosterone-fueled Skazi bs.

for some free sample downloads of (full tracks in 128 are free, i believe, you have to pay for higher quality though). link to a stream of v/a Vapour. Not the best in the genre, but a good representative of the sound, imo.

http://sonic-energy.net/Download/vapour.m3u

track list:

01. Lemurians - Input Flip (Procs Rmx) :: 145

02. Mubali Vs. Infinitesimal - Exciting World of Hip :: 145

03. Halava (Atriohm Vs. Encephalopaticys Vs. Yudhisthira) - Soma Rasa :: 147

04. Ocelot - Under the Table :: 148

05. Aldus B - Match in the Dark :: 148

06. Ghreg on Earth - Metafictional Quagmire :: 148

07. Encephalopaticys Vs. Kulu – Esopotron :: 148

08. Bodhissatva 13:30 Vs. Devic - Confused Perception :: 150

10. Kerosene Club - Haunted Civilizations :: 150

09. Triptonics (Kashyyyk & The Galactic Brain) - NL3 :: 150

11. Electrypnose – Vapour :: 151

~~~~~

I'm pretty sure that this is the territory of Mubali or sometimes DJ Lauryn ehhhhhh...ok maybeee :rolleyes:

~~~~~

This Neuro

Goa Gil - Worldbridger

http://shop.bne.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=876

~~~~~

have no idea woth the neurofuck is , hm

trauma trance is the same as neuro trance , both defined and purified as dark psy

• 4 weeks later...