Enjoy Flexitones? Try Headphonics

Basilisk

Not much more needs to be said... this Haltya/Kiwa side project dishes out quality funky grooves with their debut album release. Here's the spiel:

Headphonics, a project by producers Markku Louhio & Tommi Sirkiä in their search for the perfect mix of electronic and conventional music, taking inspiration from old movie soundtracks, classic 70´s funk, comics, house, breaks, drum n bass and hip hop.

Hopefully Mass is coming to a store new you soon enough :) it's really nice for a change of pace...

Not much more needs to be said... this Haltya/Kiwa side project dishes out quality funky grooves with their debut album release. Here's the spiel:

Hopefully Mass is coming to a store new you soon enough :) it's really nice for a change of pace...

Great! I love Flexitones :)

Great! I love Flexitones! :)

• 4 months later...

This was posted on the headphonics website:

"Thanks to the most talented and devoted mp3 crack group, UPE, the new Headphonics album "Mass" got leaked on the net before it's official release date.

The news was followed by a decision from our label to cancel the release.

In other words, almost 2 years spent in the studio now seemed to have gone to waste.

but not to worry...

To recover from this most unpleasant insident, the Headphonics is now working on a double LP! ... lots of new tracks & ideas under work.

Release date set to some time early 2008.

We can promise you, this will be worth the wait.

Oh by the way... UPE guys, if we see you f*ckers anywhere, be prepared for some serious ass whoopin'.......!!!"

Wtf does leaking of an album have to do with not releasing it? That's just dumb. What did that accomplish? So when the LP comes out the same thing will happen and what then, cancel it too and promise triple LP? That makes no sense, there must be something else going on. Tons of albums leak out before their release and it's the first time I hear of one being canceled, now people who previewed it and liked it and were going to buy can't buy it so who wins?

buh i have no idea what kind of music is this but its quite fucked to see unreleased album being leaked before its official release :ph34r:

tho, id put more blame onto people passing album to p2p groups ;)

Weren't you telling in one thread how you own like two-three albums max?

buh i have no idea what kind of music is this but its quite fucked to see unreleased album being leaked before its official release :ph34r:

tho, id put more blame onto people passing album to p2p groups ;)

Unreleased albums get leaked all the time. I don't think it's fucked up at all.

Don't release it because it leaked is fucked up.

Edit: Looks like I downloaded it on Mar-30-2007. Let's have a listen.

Unreleased albums get leaked all the time. I don't think it's fucked up at all.

Don't release it because it leaked is fucked up.

Edit: Looks like I downloaded it on Mar-30-2007. Let's have a listen.

I guess I agree. After Basilisk's post I downloaded it. If I had liked it a lot, I would've bought it. Oh well, I don't remember if I liked it or not..

Weren't you telling in one thread how you own like two-three albums max?

yes, but i didnt leak unrlsd-to-be-released-soon albums, theres difference ;)

im all for p2p stuff, but:

I guess I agree. After Basilisk's post I downloaded it. If I had liked it a lot, I would've bought it. Oh well, I don't remember if I liked it or not..

sure, but still, i think artists and label heads get quite upset [i dont care for the reason tho] about it :D

when a al bum get's leak, how in earth does it get leaked? Because the only ones that has the album (label, artist) are the ones that could leak it.

So I don't understand how it can get leaked? ... someone has to get a hold of the unreleased album and then leak it. So how do they get the album? Promo's?

when a al bum get's leak, how in earth does it get leaked? Because the only ones that has the album (label, artist) are the ones that could leak it.

So I don't understand how it can get leaked? ... someone has to get a hold of the unreleased album and then leak it. So how do they get the album? Promo's?

Someone with a promo copy as been an asshat methinks.

Shame though, but I guess the double album will be nice.

• 9 months later...

I was listening to some of their tracks on myspace and they sound wicked, but then again you can't really go wrong with haltya and kiwa together. definately gonna pick it up as soon as ive got the cash ;)

Their other side project highpersonic whomen is also very cool and worth checking out. :clapping:

And kiwa's remix of live and let die on their myspace is absolutely great!! Anyone know where this was released?

I think spreading your album as mp3 actuallly helps the sales... :ph34r:

that's a very common misconception. (AKA a big fat lie) Otherwise the label would have released the original album in the first place.

Many people here claim that if they like the music as 'preview' they buy the album, unfortunately the general market trend seems to slope in the other direction...

i'll give this a try though, sounds interesting.