GOA is dead but why?

StraydoG

GOA not dead , its in stagnation form now

btw i singed this magic mushroom petition :)

I want to clear out what I mean with my imagination. I imagine large open fields with massive sound systems filling the air with powerfull Goa vibrations.

But that's only my imagination :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's dead. It's just past it's peak, and is settling into a niche.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=46011

It will only die if people keep saying and believing so.

+1

Goa is only for the people who can handle it. You got to have a strong mind to not get influence by all the new shit that is on the menu now a days, just my point of view.

Just because the big labels choose another style , doesnt mean you have to change your musical style or what you listen to.

Sure, but just because someone loves goa does not mean that he or she has to refuse to be open for other styles or has to dislike the new stuff.

+1

Sure, but just because someone loves goa does not mean that he or she has to refuse to be open for other styles or has to dislike the new stuff.

Well i cant help it im not a big fan of the new styles its like trends, either you follow them or you choose your self.

so u dreaming about a big goadelic party with lot of vibrations and cosmic sound that come out the big sound system ? can i intrude into ya dreams ?

Well i cant help it im not a big fan of the new styles its like trends, either you follow them or you choose your self.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people have to like anything new. Of course not since it's still about your personal taste in the end. I just wanted to point out that it's possible that some people (like me) really like both.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people have to like anything new. Of course not since it's still about your personal taste in the end. I just wanted to point out that it's possible that some people (like me) really like both.

ah okey now i get it :) sure mate :posford:

• 3 months later...

Hi ladies and gentlemen!

I am playing old school goa trance from the vinyl and making some parties here in Russia

(destination goa place is Ekaterinburg, the 4th biggest city of the country).

Next party due to November, 9.

Come here and enjoy the spirit! You are welcome! :posford:

Please contact me at dimension@e1.ru

Several links, mates, just to let you know about the local scene in Ekaterinburg city, Russia:

"Dancing House" party (August, 4), 5 dancefloors with 800 raving people (shoots from goa trance area):

http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=100430

Posted Image

"Sunny Mood" goa trance open air (August, 18):

http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=102179

Posted Image

Goa is not dead, its just not as big as it once was. Nothing endures but change, and electronic music will continue to progress and change as the technology and ideas evolve. Goa couldnt really go anywhere else anyways. Sure people can still produce great Goa today, but in a way it is limited. The psy of nowadays is limitless with endless possibilities and no boundries in production. Would it still be considerd Goa if it had crunchy robotic machine sounds and downtempo nighttime melodies? I think that the realm of goa is alot more condensed. If it doesnt have uplifting melodies, then its usually classified as psy or anther genre. B)

Goa is not dead, its just not as big as it once was. Nothing endures but change, and electronic music will continue to progress and change as the technology and ideas evolve. Goa couldnt really go anywhere else anyways. Sure people can still produce great Goa today, but in a way it is limited. The psy of nowadays is limitless with endless possibilities and no boundries in production. Would it still be considerd Goa if it had crunchy robotic machine sounds and downtempo nighttime melodies? I think that the realm of goa is alot more condensed. If it doesnt have uplifting melodies, then its usually classified as psy or anther genre. B)

The only limits as far as im concerned is in the composers head.

we have loads of oldskool parties here in belgium, right now i'm uploading the videos of the last one were I played.

Goa Tranz roxors teh boxors :posford:

and I have many friends with whom I'm producing new goa trance so be prepared you lot!

the revival of the whole scene will come from Belgium! :D

Hare hare Mahadev

Om Namah Shivaya

reading this thread gave me a craving of Masaray - Time Traveller of Trance :drama:

and don't forget Afgin and the lot from israel!

suntrip ftw!

i am inj favor of replacing the name goatrance with an other title .

for goa 'the place in india' has little to do these days with the music .

how about

etnic -trance ?

or 'the best ever' trance

:posford:

i am inj favor of replacing the name goatrance with an other title .

for goa 'the place in india' has little to do these days with the music .

how about

etnic -trance ?

or 'the best ever' trance

:posford:

'the best ever' trance, good title really. :)

As for ethnic trance there are many tribal elements of world music in goa trance I'm loving so much.

Goa the place is dead because of turism, russian mob, ignorant twats?

Goa the music is dead because of dissconection to the holy, chemicals and more twats and few official releases?

Goa isn't dead. It's just hidden, having a nice nap while the kids play.

:)

The sounds we love in goa trance isn't dead, the israelis just moved to producing their own style which is what psytrance is today. None of the producers leaving the genre were replaced, and thats been the situation the last 5 years.

Its far from dead, but for sure there are not enough people producing it or playing it at parties and all that momentum needs to be started again.

I'm not going to stop producing goa and I don't think full-on/ pop psy is creative enough - there was so much more that the goa vision contained - the music for me when I first heard it was one where rules didn't apply and each track had no limitations to what it could do. The technology back then was so primitive, but today we have so much we can explore. I'm particularly happy about the sounds I'm brewing up - I'm starting to believe goa is the best dance and trance music there can ever be, and why should that be surprising :) The Aerosis project is looking to tap into modern technology to continue the vision. I think all true "new" school artists are doing this, they are just continueing the vision - I'm rather against remaking the oldies of 10 years ago. I've seen some people here say that you can't produce real goa unless you are using old hardsynths and the same things people used in that time - I think thats very wrong and if anything is to kill the genre its the lack of exploration. I'll appreciate new artists making "old" sounds but I don't look up to it too much, I still see it as a limitation on what the music really is - this time you are copying all the old producers rather than the new full on producers.

Goa will be back :) Its already comming along, but it won't be remakes of the classics you guys love. It'll be better :) I'm already hearing it from so many people.

What do I think of the psy artists refusing to make goa? These guys have been so locked into formulas they've forgotten music is about creativity. Suggesting to them to make goa is suggesting they start using those archaic technologies and simple formulas, they are much more excited about the latest synth cheese reaktor can give them - in their drive for success they all have turned the same, making the same corny sound making the dance circuit no different then the mainstream music scene, where an established sound is decided upon and if its anything different it won't get played in the clubs. I don't blame these old artists for taking this attitude, in their glory they realized they can be happy making a living doing what they love - producing and playing music. By the time these guys hit 30 they're really more worried about being able to support their families than creating sonic inspiration. Let them do so :) Its the new guys, the young people that will continue the story as 2nd generation goa trance.

About the title - I agree the music has little to do with goa, bu the term has come to mean ethnic earthy tribal music. I'm not sure a term will ever replace it - it may eventually just mold into the same cesspool of "psytrance" music - or if anything, I say we call it Melodic Psychedelic trance :) Isn't that what it is?

hey who's that russian chick? is she single? i think im in love.

=]]]]]]]

-d

Devious, the girl's name is Kristina. She's my mate's girlfriend.

She is a very cool dancer and very nice to speak to. :)

Devious, the girl's name is Kristina. She's my mate's girlfriend.

She is a very cool dancer and very nice to speak to. :)

Well, you tell her...and him (your mate) that whenever they break up, I'll always be available, until then. Hahaha! Okay, maybe even after that, but hey it was worthy of a shot.

;)

I'll respond to your PM later Dimension, thanks. It's a good read.

Aaron

ditto.

.. rumours say tha Goa is in another country now. But in fear of being killed if I reveal the place, I will keep mu mouth shut :ph34r:

thailand?

who's going to kill you if you tell?

goa will always be india tho.

no, not Thailand :ph34r:

Goa the place will always be in India, of course. But Goa, the state of mind hippie state has moved. A lot of the old Goans has left Goa and settled in *******.

I can not say it loud because then all the stinking hippies will be pissed at me for ruining their sacret hide-out with turism and hype :lol::rolleyes: